Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 01:11   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Ummm...noob question but what is the easiest (and preferably free!) way to unlock a T-Mobile BB?
Old 14th December 2009, 10:42   #1832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Couldn't find the 5$ deal but I have sent a request to CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! for unlocking my 9700. 50% discount by using code: crackb50 which works to 10$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ummm...noob question but what is the easiest (and preferably free!) way to unlock a T-Mobile BB?
here is a link posted by sahil.
Old 14th December 2009, 20:38   #1833
Senior - BHPian

After upgrading the device software to v4.5, I realise certain tools are gone from the handset (Pearl 8120) like task manager, notepad, attachment viewer, pdf, word, excel applications etc. Is there any link to download them ?
Old 15th December 2009, 09:39   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What moron put this limitation of not being able to vibrate the phone while ringing? I have to buy an app to achieve this functionality? Someone needs to be shot in the head for this.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:20   #1835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
What moron put this limitation of not being able to vibrate the phone while ringing? I have to buy an app to achieve this functionality? Someone needs to be shot in the head for this.
you dont have to buy an app. there is an app called buzz me. also if you upgrade to os5, this function is present.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:50   #1836
aZa
Senior - BHPian

My facebook app has the CONTACTS and CALENDER sync option greyed out but my friends bold has it working on the same vodafone network. Btw im on the 303 firmware!

any ideas ?
Old 15th December 2009, 12:23   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you dont have to buy an app. there is an app called buzz me. also if you upgrade to os5, this function is present.
Yeah, but come on. This functionality has been present since the stone age in every phone by every other manufacturer. Also, can I upgrade my 8900 to os5?
Old 16th December 2009, 01:06   #1838
BHPian

Guys, I activated my BB services etc.. in the process I configured me active email ID also- HOW ON EARTH AM I GOING TO GET MY OLDER EMAILS????
any ideas, I want to move on not start a fresh, I want my life to continue as usual jus that my handheld device is not an iphone any more its a BlackBerry.. please help me keep this phone!!
I'm excited about the facilities on this service but its been a tiring and grueling time thus far.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:59   #1839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Yeah, but come on. This functionality has been present since the stone age in every phone by every other manufacturer. Also, can I upgrade my 8900 to os5?
you can upgrade to 5. but its a leaked version.

and guys, i got the 9700 today. much nicer phone to use than the bold. surprisingly i find the keypad better, and its a much nicer size and weight.
Old 16th December 2009, 02:09   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, have 5.0.0.411 but won't be bothering with it for now. Bought BerryBuzz because I cba to find a free app.
Old 16th December 2009, 03:04   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you can upgrade to 5. but its a leaked version.

and guys, i got the 9700 today. much nicer phone to use than the bold. surprisingly i find the keypad better, and its a much nicer size and weight.
Welcome to the 9700 club, its just the two of us for now But i'm sure it's gonna be a large bunch in due time.
How much did you did the phone for? From where?

Surprisingly, I find the javelin keypad much more comfy. The click sound on the javelin is irritating but besides that the keypad feedback and separate gaps make it more comfy for long typing.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:21   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Guys, I activated my BB services etc.. in the process I configured me active email ID also- HOW ON EARTH AM I GOING TO GET MY OLDER EMAILS????
any ideas, I want to move on not start a fresh, I want my life to continue as usual jus that my handheld device is not an iphone any more its a BlackBerry.. please help me keep this phone!!
Any help with this and more...
I'm on the basic BBplan (emails and alerts) no browser. (not that its the best)
Idea's BBplans dont make sense - you either have a 300/- or a 1100/- plan and NOTHING in between; I dont understand the logic. why can't the Browser be available on a usage basis. Any IDEA folks on this thread, please enlighten me. And if there are other users with better plans on better carriers pls let me know - you must be wondering why all this Fuss;
I was using the iPhone (hush its not a good word on this thread) with the same 300/- GPRS plan I had the push mails(set to 5mins, so technically I was jus 5 mins behind), browser, and Loads of freaky apps all for the same deal. (some of you are going to say "so go back apple!" well what to do now i'm on this Berry platform) I have to make and take the best of it. So please help me.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:45   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Any help with this and more...
I'm on the basic BBplan (emails and alerts) no browser. (not that its the best)
Idea's BBplans dont make sense - you either have a 300/- or a 1100/- plan and NOTHING in between; I dont understand the logic. why can't the Browser be available on a usage basis. Any IDEA folks on this thread, please enlighten me. And if there are other users with better plans on better carriers pls let me know - you must be wondering why all this Fuss;
I was using the iPhone (hush its not a good word on this thread) with the same 300/- GPRS plan I had the push mails(set to 5mins, so technically I was jus 5 mins behind), browser, and Loads of freaky apps all for the same deal. (some of you are going to say "so go back apple!" well what to do now i'm on this Berry platform) I have to make and take the best of it. So please help me.
Speak with Idea customer care and ask them if they can give you a yearly unlimited BB plan. Vodafone charged me Rs.7000/year which works out to Rs.583 a month.
If they don't have it yet, then wait for 1st Jan and switch your existing number to Vodafone. By then I'm sure Idea will have to match up to all such offers anyway.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:36   #1844
BHPian

still need help.

Thanks Sahil, i'll check on that. and the migration will always be an option for better services.

One more thing - How can keep my Msgs - SMS and my email from different accounts all separate.
I have 3 icons - msg, gmail n blackberry accounts, the msgs have all the conversations, ie. mails, messenger, gtalk,... I saw the settings for this somewhere dunno where. I have an 8800.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:16   #1845
Senior - BHPian

johnda, you need to spend sometime on the manual and bit of playing around with the menu options in your berry. Things will be smoother. Dont expect the bb support guys to know anything other than some basic stuff. Getting older mails to the bb might not be an easy thing (depends on what mail types are configured in your berry ie Outlook/ Gmail etc.). Please check with your IDEA support, they will be able to guide you.

Most Viewed