Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:57   #2446
BANNED

Thanks Nishant for the help. I have downloaded and activated it.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:30   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Try these settings, ain't sure if they'll work or not.

First go to Settings -> Connections -> Hutch WAP (GPRS) (or create if you dont have this already)
Connects to: Work
Access point: portalnmms
User name: (empty)
Password: (empty)
Authentication type: Select the option ‘None’
Primary DNS: (empty)
2nd DNS: (empty)
IP Address: 10.10.1.100

Then go to Settings ->Proxy -> Hutch WAP Proxy (Again, create if you don’t have it already)
Connects from: Work
Connects to: WAP Network
Proxy (Nameort):10.10.1.100:9401
Type: Select ‘HTTP’
User Name: (empty)
Password: (empty)

ELSE

For settings sms VL <Phone Model> to 56789, Ex: VL N2626 for Nokia 2626

Sorry, knew only bolded part
Thanks for the reply buddy. But I cant seem to find the respective menu that you've mentioned. Once I press the BB menu and come to the main menu, Where do I go from there. The only sub menus that I think would be used to configure the above is either the "manage connections" or tthe "options" menu.
Please advise

Also I was able to download stuff from the BB App world once I switched off my WiFi access.
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:39   #2448
Senior - BHPian

I am back to my Blackberry after a 2 months life with SE Vivaz, couldnt take anything anymore other than our BB. Although every setting is restored to my BB device as before, I find the email alerts missing. Everything else is functioning normal without any change. How do I get back the alerts ? I found everything on the voice mode in the profile selected (normal), but email alert doesnt beep. Any tips, suggestions ? Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:45   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I am planning to get the Bold 9700 in the next week !
I just wanted to knows the glitches that are there in this phone. I might also be using it as a part time music player. How does it cope up with storing multimedia and also intending to pop in a 8gb card .
I heard there is some problem with storing a lot of contacts is it true ?

And finally when in the Bold onyx Delta planning to be launched ? is it worth waiting for it. I do find the 5mp camera and the touch screen a bit tempting .

can the current blackberry be also upgraded to the new OS 6 when it comes out ?

Would really appreciate if someone is patient enough to clear all my doubts.
Can someone please help me on this please .
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:37   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
There is an app for that Sir! Go to Blackberry app World on your handset and download 'SMS Contact'
Thanks, It's going to be really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks for the reply buddy. But I cant seem to find the respective menu that you've mentioned. Once I press the BB menu and come to the main menu, Where do I go from there. The only sub menus that I think would be used to configure the above is either the "manage connections" or tthe "options" menu.
Please advise

Also I was able to download stuff from the BB App world once I switched off my WiFi access.
Harjeev, easiest way would be "sms VL <Phone Model> to 56789"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am back to my Blackberry after a 2 months life with SE Vivaz, couldnt take anything anymore other than our BB. Although every setting is restored to my BB device as before, I find the email alerts missing. Everything else is functioning normal without any change. How do I get back the alerts ? I found everything on the voice mode in the profile selected (normal), but email alert doesnt beep. Any tips, suggestions ? Thanks.
Shaju, Click on Speaker icon on your desktop->edit profiles->normal->messages->email

Here you can change the settings related to email alerts.

Quote:
Can someone please help me on this please .
Arjun, I am using 8 GB Card with my 8900 and not facing any such problem. Though my mem card ain't full upto brim. Also, 9700 can support upto 16GB of data card so I suppose it won't be going any problem as such.

Higher Contact's issue ?? Unheard to me till yet.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:03   #2451
BHPian

Leaked OS 5.0.0.822 on crackberry.com for 8900, 9000 and 8520. thinking to updrage, let see
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:13   #2452
Distinguished - BHPian

I had upgraded my 9700 to 5.0.0.743 few weeks back and it seems to work fine but my 'A' key seems to be malfunction, it types A multiple times even when pressed lightly during normal typing.
Any fix?
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:21   #2453
BHPian

Could be a hardware issue Sahil, try getting the phone cleaned or serviced, i think that should take care of it.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:37   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Shaju, Click on Speaker icon on your desktop->edit profiles->normal->messages->email..Here you can change the settings related to email alerts.
How I wish things were that simple !! It was tried and much more than that. I came to realize replying to emails also had issues which displayed a message: "message service is not configured, you can only save to drafts". Finally I called up the BB support, got a solution after holding for 10 mts; "Sir, please go through 'wipe your handset' action from Options > Security > General settings > wipe ". I did that after doing a back up.

One thing I learnt which is only a reconfirmation of the previous experiences: BB support guys know nothing about what they are talking about. Now I am back to BB forum searches and desperately trying to find a solution. Issue remains.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:00   #2455
BHPian

Looking to buy a newer blackberry for my dad. He uses some blackberry but his trackball keeps getting stuck, some issue with some spring. I'm thinking of getting him the 9700.. ie the one without the ball. Is there a newer/better blackberry in the market right now, or one coming real soon? I'm looking to buy this week.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:13   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now I am back to BB forum searches and desperately trying to find a solution. Issue remains.
Finally, got a solution that cleared all the issues in one shot. I wasted my time talking to the BB support and following their suggestion to wipe-out the handset. It was a simple requirement of re-sending the service book which registered every mail to the server and configured things by itself. Now the mail alerts are back, replying is back, peace of mind is back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Looking to buy a newer blackberry for my dad.
If he likes to have a sleek handset with all the smart functions, check the new Pearl Pearl 2 - New BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Candybar Smart Phone

I somehow dont digest the bulky qwerty key handsets till date, otherwise I would have upgraded my 2+ year old Pearl 8120 already. Its still a cute, smart, little thing.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:37   #2457
BANNED

What was the desperate hurry to upgrade to OS 5. Any benefits coming up. My policy is that do not fix something which is not broken.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:53   #2458
BHPian

pearl 9100 & 9105 are due to release next weekend in india.its an idle phone for your dad.it has all the features & look of the bold 2.the pricing must be around 20.
Quote:
Looking to buy a newer blackberry for my dad. He uses some blackberry but his trackball keeps getting stuck, some issue with some spring. I'm thinking of getting him the 9700.. ie the one without the ball. Is there a newer/better blackberry in the market right now, or one coming real soon? I'm looking to buy this week.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:10   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get the Bold 9700 in the next week !
I just wanted to knows the glitches that are there in this phone. I might also be using it as a part time music player. How does it cope up with storing multimedia and also intending to pop in a 8gb card .
Dont think there should be any problem in using it as a part time music player or for storing multimedia. Also the 8gb card shouldnt be a problem.

I heard there is some problem with storing a lot of contacts is it true ?
Never heard of such an issue with any blackberry for that matter.

And finally when in the Bold onyx Delta planning to be launched ? is it worth waiting for it. I do find the 5mp camera and the touch screen a bit tempting .
Dont have an idea but even if its launched soon, if your planning to buy it in India, all new BB launches take atleast a few months to officially launch in India.

can the current blackberry be also upgraded to the new OS 6 when it comes out ?
Depends on RIM. This can be confirmed only when OS6 is launched & BB officially gives out the handsets supported.

Would really appreciate if someone is patient enough to clear all my doubts.
Answers in Bold. Hope this answers all your queries.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:02   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Go for 9700 its one of the best blackberry i have ever used. i love curve but the trackpad is awesome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks