Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:25   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
pearl 9100 & 9105 are due to release next weekend in india.its an idle phone for your dad.it has all the features & look of the bold 2.the pricing must be around 20.
Any idea when the The new Bold Onyx Delta is going to be launched ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Answers in Bold. Hope this answers all your queries.
Sincere thanks for your patient reply.Really helps.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:39   #2462
BHPian

I am currently using storm1 and i dont like it too much. Anyone using storm2? any reviews?
Old 25th July 2010, 12:53   #2463
Senior - BHPian

am using storm2 since last 3 months
I like it all except that keyboard typing is little confusing. Since it is touchscreen, fast typing is what confusing as when press a particular letter and unless the finger is exactly on top of the letter, it will get printed another letter. Otherwise the device is good.
Old 25th July 2010, 13:48   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I am currently using storm1 and i dont like it too much. Anyone using storm2? any reviews?
Have used both. Love both the devices. But chances are if you dont like 1, you wont like 2 either. In case of the storm, people either love it or hate it. Seems like you are in the latter.

In terms of difference between the two, you will be hardpressed to find any, but the ones that are there, im listing below:
- Look identical (few obvious tweaks here & there but a layman will not be able to make out any difference)
- Storm 2 also has Wifi
- The clickscreen in the Storm 2 has been improved upon but not to that extent that it warrants an upgrade from the Storm 1.

Apart from the above listed points, you can say they are clones. Some even say the Storm 2 is the actual Storm & the Storm 1 was actually the prototype to fix niggles. Both have 3G, the same camera & are even running the same firmware on the OS now. So for what its worth, software wise, they are twins.

Last edited by Xehaust : 25th July 2010 at 13:52.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:38   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Need a little help here. Tried to search here on Team-BHP but couldnt get anything. I am looking to get a PDF viewer for my Bold 9000 but the only thing I am able to come up with is the Repli go and the Beam Reader both of which are paid software. Any one here can help me with a free PDF viewer? Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:05   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Need a little help here. Tried to search here on Team-BHP but couldnt get anything. I am looking to get a PDF viewer for my Bold 9000 but the only thing I am able to come up with is the Repli go and the Beam Reader both of which are paid software. Any one here can help me with a free PDF viewer? Thanks in advance.
I upgraded to Documents to Go(Docs2Go) and PDF to o came standard with that. However I vague remember that before I purchased Docs2Go I could easily read PDF files on Curve 8520

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys I updated to the latest operating s/w for my BB 8520 5.0.0.509

The problem now is that after I installed the desktop s/w the Windows XP OS has started to crash (the deadly blue screen)
This started happening last time I installed the desktop os (about 10 days back when I bought the BB) and then after I uninstalled the BB Desktop s/w the Windows XP worked fine for a week.

What should be done??
Any help info would be greatly appreciated.
I finally gave in and reloaded Windows XP yesterday and the first program I loaded was the Desktop Manager DM for BB the latest version v 5.0.1
I installed the DM along with the Roxio Media Manager RMM and after a reboot it started giving me an error to load the UM.MSI file. So after searching I appended the DM and removed the RMM.
So since yesterday evening the DM is working fantastically on Windows XP and today I've created a system restore point incase anything goes bad I have something to fall back on
Cheers
Old 28th July 2010, 15:20   #2467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I upgraded to Documents to Go(Docs2Go) and PDF to o came standard with that. However I vague remember that before I purchased Docs2Go I could easily read PDF files on Curve 8520
I can read pdf files as an email attachment. But cant read them if downloaded to my memory card. This is guess is pretty standard and its only a problem if you try to read pdfs off your memory card. The Repli Go is a nifty little program, but $15 just to read pdfs is daylight robbery. So wanted to know if there is some free pdf reader out there.
Old 29th July 2010, 07:12   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Guys I finally think the the new Bold 9780 with the updated hardware and the new OS 6 is ready to launch.
This website gives a chance to pre order the BB.
Hope it comes out real soon.
SN Traders: Communication Technologies
Old 30th July 2010, 08:31   #2469
BHPian

Banned ????

Hello BB users, I came across an article in the HINDU yesterday that BB's will be banned if RIM didnt comply with security concerns the govt had regarding encryption?

do you guys think that the Ban would take place?
Old 30th July 2010, 10:29   #2470
BANNED

@johnda: i doubt it. There was a news item on the box that BB will not be banned. Our babus are hooked onto BB so a lot of noise and no action.

You join us who are using 'Crackberries' - they do everything except BIS, BES and MMS and stop worrying about the ban. They can ban BIS/BES that is all.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:30   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Hello BB users, I came across an article in the HINDU yesterday that BB's will be banned if RIM didnt comply with security concerns the govt had regarding encryption?

do you guys think that the Ban would take place?
RIM has complied with "security concerns" a long time ago. I'm on Vodafone, so can only talk about the same, but ever noticed why SSL websites/services don't work on Blackberry Internet? I've talked to Vodafone people and they say that they won't be enabling SSL anytime soon. They're already looking through your browsing habits as I type this.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:17   #2472
BHPian

guys any idea on what to do about a miserable battery life on a 8520. It is 3 months old and the battery barely lasts me for 6-8 hours (2 major phone calls) on regular bb usage. one has to charge twice each day. As the novelty wore off, i have started noticing these problems which were not there on my earlier brick 7900.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:38   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Just a head-up, 9100 3G is launched in India - price yet to be confirm but still it will be something > 15-18K for sure. Good part is a 3G phone apart from 9700 it is

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > BlackBerry Pearl 3G Series Launched in India

Last edited by ashthedivx : 30th July 2010 at 23:39.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:48   #2474
BHPian

blackberry 9100 launched at 18600 with 18 month warranty.
910f is still not launched & will be launched in a month or so.
9100 is a 20key phone.so look first & then buy
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:32   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
RIM has complied with "security concerns" a long time ago. I'm on Vodafone, so can only talk about the same, but ever noticed why SSL websites/services don't work on Blackberry Internet? I've talked to Vodafone people and they say that they won't be enabling SSL anytime soon. They're already looking through your browsing habits as I type this.

SSL sites dont open on the blackberry browser true but they do on a 3rd party browser like the Bolt

wonder how RIM is going to react to the proposed shutdown of berry services from October in the UAE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks