Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 16:20   #2551
BHPian

Just checked with Airtel about the BB 399 unlimited internet and email plan. Sadly it is available for only prepaid customers. Which to me sounded strange. They continue to charge 899 for the same plan from a post paid user. I will have to get another phone for voice communication and use my BB on prepaid for emails.
Old 19th August 2010, 04:20   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Ordered the trackball from China? And then how did you fix it? DIY or a local mobile store?
I do clean it all the time but the frequency has now increased. Looks like I've to order a new trackball.

Thanks Guys!
Did it myself, D.I.Y. kinda guy here.
check crackberry site, it has a pic by pic tutorial on cleaning/replacing trackballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
On an average whats the life of a trackball. I mean how long before I should expect it to start acting weird.
Dusty work/living place, dirty hand can make ball get jammed in a few weeks/months.
my original one started giving problems in first 6 months, had to dis-assemble it and clean every month.

Touch wood the china stuff is working all good for last 8 months and haven't even cleaned it yet, (fingers crossed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
I have a BB Bold and 2 days ago it stopped responding, as in the software crashed. They relaoded the new software and now i am not able to connect the phone to the PC. Have given it back to the store and have asked for a replacement. they say that it will go to Bangalore and then the next course of action will be decided.

Now the question is.... will they replace the phone or not??

Any pointers??
Was the device purchased from any mobile operator along post paid plan ?

Let them check with HQ. BB devices are replaced if not repairable, what i've read and heard they give away a sealed handset if the problem is with hardware in USA atleast.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:59   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Vodafone Introduces New Postpaid Plan For Blackberry

(Rs.599/- for unlimited mails, messenger and browsing)

he government and BlackBerry have made their peace and its a relief to the scores of Indian corporates using efficient email service over their hand held devices. With the doubts at rest about the future of the Canadian service giants future in the country, service operators are ready bet their money on the expansion in push email domain.

Vodafone Essar is the first one to make a move after the path-breaking launch of Prepaid Unlimited Blackberry Services with flexible plans today announced the launch of new Unlimited Blackberry service plan for its Postpaid GSM subscribers across all the telecom circles.

Vodafone’s GSM Mobile service users have the liberty to opt for postpaid BlackBerry services with Unlimited Internet, Email and IM Chat at monthly rental of Rs.599.

Vodafone Blackberry Internet cum Messaging Plans comes at monthly package of Rs.599 enabled its subscribers to enjoy Unlimited e-mail, Instant messaging (IM), social networking and Internet browsing. The existing Vodafone customer who wishes to migrate to new plans needs to give a request at Stores/Call centre.

Vodafone’s new Postpaid BlackBerry tariff Plans in details -:

Rs.599 Unlimited access to BIS emails, Instant Messenger, Internet browsing and applications
* Advance Rs.2499 (for 6 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)
* Advance Rs.4999 (for 12 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)

BIS-299 Rs.299 Unlimited Access Upto 10 email a/c’s, Instant messaging
(Internet Browsing not allowed )

Exclusive Vodafone Introduces New Postpaid Plan for BlackBerry

Old 19th August 2010, 14:45   #2554
BHPian

^^ Awesome move from Vodafone. will opt for it straight away.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:51   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Note: For PREPAID, Airtel and Vodafone (I haven't checked the rest of the networks) have revised their unlimited personal BIS plans prices to Rs.399/- per month

This applies for prepaid only, postpaid is still at Rs.899/-

Link to Airtel site: Airtel
Has anyone with AirTel prepaid activated BIS in Rs. 399 plan? Just because Vodafone came out with a 399 Plan, AirTel too announced a plan. I converted my AirTel postpaid connection to prepaid and gave a request for activating BB in 399 Plan. AirTel just could not do it. This has been going on for the last 5 days and I have been contacting people at all levels to get it activated. Today I was told that many are having this problem and AirTel is still working on it.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:02   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
(Rs.599/- for unlimited mails, messenger and browsing)

* Advance Rs.2499 (for 6 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)
* Advance Rs.4999 (for 12 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)

Has anyone got this package activated? Especially in Hyderabad.

Cheers,
Old 25th August 2010, 13:43   #2557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

Cheers,
I am already using this for over a month now.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:45   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Has anyone with AirTel prepaid activated BIS in Rs. 399 plan? Just because Vodafone came out with a 399 Plan, AirTel too announced a plan. I converted my AirTel postpaid connection to prepaid and gave a request for activating BB in 399 Plan. AirTel just could not do it. This has been going on for the last 5 days and I have been contacting people at all levels to get it activated. Today I was told that many are having this problem and AirTel is still working on it.
I assume you are not on a BB plan for a while, I tried messaging through PIN few times, but could not get any response. Good point brought there, I was actually planning to activate BB on my airtel prepaid number, leaving my vodafone postpaid for general usage on a Vivaz with mapmyindia service. I will wait for someone to comment about it before moving for a Airtel pre-paid BB plan .
Old 25th August 2010, 14:27   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Guys - any Call Blocker / Blacklist software for BlackBerry?

Paid is also fine. It's on an urgent basis please.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:07   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I assume you are not on a BB plan for a while, I tried messaging through PIN few times, but could not get any response. Good point brought there, I was actually planning to activate BB on my airtel prepaid number, leaving my vodafone postpaid for general usage on a Vivaz with mapmyindia service. I will wait for someone to comment about it before moving for a Airtel pre-paid BB plan .
Yes, Shaju. I was trying out Nokia Messaging Service for a while now. BB with internet (BIS) for Rs.399 is really worth, comparing with Rs.899 + taxes I have been paying every month for the same thing. Only getting BB activated is a problem, that too because I migrated from Postpaid to Prepaid. If you want BIS 399 to be activated send a SMS to 121, as below
BIS(space)your BB model No. eg. BIS 8310 or BIS 9000 as may be applicable to you. For complete details send SMS "airtelbb" to 121. If yours is a old Prepaid No. you won't be having any issues. I suggest, you try weekly plan initially by sending a SMS "WBIS <your model no.> to 121. Need to have a balance of Rs.100 or more.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:41   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Sirji, thanks for the tip. My airtel pre-paid is a 4.5 year old number, which is usually thrown in the kitchen as a back up for the landline, it was renewed for life-time and it doesnt have any balance.

My experience with Airtel post-paid is written in detail in the first few pages of this thread. It was a bad bad service overall. I had continuous issues with SIM, BB service, network, call getting cut etc. which had been complained over a month but no action taken from their side (reward for being a platinum customer for 3 years ). Thats the only reason I moved to Vodafone and till date not a single issue to call the customer support.

Have you heard of killing a person 3 more times after he is clearly dead ? I am doing that with my Airtel postpaid old number. It was officially surrendered and cancelled in Jan 2009 after paying all the dues without leaving a penny. Later I found they activated it without my request and cancelled it again, that process being repeated 2 more times until June 2009. I got a call from Airtel billing dept. 2 weeks back: " Sir, your bill amount of Rs.1800 is due and please pay it to avoid late fee". I said "the man who took connection from you has migrated to Iceland and he will not come back for another 50 years". And remember, all this is after surrendering a connection 1 year 8 months back.

I am happy with Vodafone, have tried mobile connect and BB services without a single issue. I started thinking about Airtel pre-paid BB service only when it was announced recently and that I have an idle SIM in the house.

Now my BB plan is Prosumer Lite 299 with Vodafone. But I find it costly for instant mail delivery and rare usage of messengers. Also checking the other alternatives of mail delivery services out of BB plans. I wish if someone launched a data plan with instant mail delivery and messengers for less than 200 on BB or non-BB.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:57   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

Cheers,
I called the CC. They told me that no such plan is showing in their system. maybe Vodafone yet to launch in Gujarat circle.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:07   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
I called the CC. They told me that no such plan is showing in their system. maybe Vodafone yet to launch in Gujarat circle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I am already using this for over a month now.
Thanks, Nisarg86 & Sparkled.

The CC here were also not able to confirm this plan. Will visit the Vodafone Store sometime to find out in person.

Cheers,
Old 27th August 2010, 03:10   #2564
Team-BHP Support

I think there is a catch to that BB plan, if it is the same one as mine. With taxes that comes to 749 odd bucks. And then, and here is the catch, you need a regular voice plan to go with it. So mine actually costs around 1100 bucks after taxes.

By the way the BB issue is still not fully resolved and there is a chance of a blackout after this month gets over. RIM has only shared the messenger key with the govt. GOI has given them time till this month end. In fact 2-3 days back they have sent a notice to all the carriers that they can't run a non approved service as a pressure tactic and their next step. My org has already started sending BCP mailers on BB blackout and plan B if it really happens.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:16   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think there is a catch to that BB plan, if it is the same one as mine. With taxes that comes to 749 odd bucks. And then, and here is the catch, you need a regular voice plan to go with it. So mine actually costs around 1100 bucks after taxes.
If you are talking about the 417 per month plan, the taxes plus the yearly rental has already been billed to me in my bill and yes I do have a voice plan for 149 with my BB plan. This plan was offered to me as a corporate plan and was not available to general public when I got it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks