Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 09:40   #2596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Guys I lost my N95 recently and have to really get a phone immd. I do have a spare phone but that is without the gprs package.
The grey market blackberry torch is available for 34k . I was just thinking whether this is a good price to pay, considering my cousin jus bought his 9700 bold 2 months back for 28k.
What are the disadvantages of a grey market phone ?

Considering warranty is not that big an issue for me because I'm anyways leaving to spain for my further studies in January .
Also checked the phone for any AT&T symbols and didnt find any (just to check whether it was the unlocked US version) .
The shopkeeper also says I wont have any problems with the phone with respect to updating and software updates.
Why dont you check out BB Storm? Although it's a touch screen phone, it works really well, especially the touch screen. Check it out. Heard you can get Storm 2 for just 8k from Japan. My friend just got one. Am using one too.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:07   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, whats the current price for a BB 8520? Planning to change from my Bold as I found it to be perfect in terms of usability and more importantly the touchpad that it comes with.

I am totally fed-up with Bold's scroll ball issues. It keeps getting stuck every other day and makes my life miserable.
. The scroll ball on the curve and the touch pad on the bold 2 always keep me un happy for the both black berries which I have , any service locations for these in Trivandrum or Cochin or thrissur ?
Old 8th September 2010, 10:23   #2598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
. The scroll ball on the curve and the touch pad on the bold 2 always keep me un happy for the both black berries which I have , any service locations for these in Trivandrum or Cochin or thrissur ?
No branded service stations I guess. You can find other retail shops, but it's risky getting it serviced from here. I have inquired many shops and they are like "Blackberry.?? Entha??". I usually get it serviced when I go to blore.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:25   #2599
BANNED

Torch available is news: I thought it was a few months in the future. There is a review in T3.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:35   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
No branded service stations I guess. You can find other retail shops, but it's risky getting it serviced from here. I have inquired many shops and they are like "Blackberry.?? Entha??". I usually get it serviced when I go to blore.
Where do you do it in bangy?
Old 8th September 2010, 10:45   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service for Blackberry in Kerala is through Redington

Welcome to Redington Services
Old 8th September 2010, 11:20   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Service for Blackberry in Kerala is through Redington

Welcome to Redington Services
Thank you for the link
Old 8th September 2010, 13:38   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
go to options--> security options--general settings, it should
have the option, Lock upon holstering.
The general settings seems to be missing in the security options. Any other way?
Old 8th September 2010, 13:47   #2604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I bought it a month ago from Mobile Store on Outer ring road for 13,400. Includes free screen guard, pouch and purse (Mobile stores merchandise).

Prior to that I visited all the other stores, freebies and the price was the best from these guys.

Cheers
Raghu
I checked in Hyderabad and best price for Cash with bill is Rs.12,800.

On Ebay India, its priced at Rs.12,350 with support from Redington and has all colors available.

Was wondering if White BB8520 would be nice? Just worried that marks will be seen on the phone more than a black version.

Quote:
I am moving to a touchpad BB because of constant issues with scrollball. Now this is news to me that even touchpad has problems?

Anyone has update on how good is the touchpad of BB8520 under abuse/constant use? I generally use my phones for not more than 2 years.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:22   #2605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where do you do it in bangy?
No idea about the place. I usually give my phone to my bro.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:31   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Why dont you check out BB Storm? Although it's a touch screen phone, it works really well, especially the touch screen. Check it out. Heard you can get Storm 2 for just 8k from Japan. My friend just got one. Am using one too.
I'm not in the habit of changing phones very often and wouldn't have thought about a replacement if I had not lost the N95.
So I would prefer something which will not be outdated as soon as I buy it.
And also for the OS 6 and the updated camera .
Old 8th September 2010, 16:56   #2607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I'm not in the habit of changing phones very often and wouldn't have thought about a replacement if I had not lost the N95.
So I would prefer something which will not be outdated as soon as I buy it.
And also for the OS 6 and the updated camera .
Storm got a good cam. If you are looking for OS 6, then go for BB Torch or Pearl 3G
Old 8th September 2010, 17:28   #2608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On Ebay India, its priced at Rs.12,350 with support from Redington and has all colors available.

Was wondering if White BB8520 would be nice? Just worried that marks will be seen on the phone more than a black version.

I am moving to a touchpad BB because of constant issues with scrollball. Now this is news to me that even touchpad has problems?

Anyone has update on how good is the touchpad of BB8520 under abuse/constant use? I generally use my phones for not more than 2 years.
my touch pad have issues , now for a week i am not able to select the call list , really got screwed up with black berry bold
Old 8th September 2010, 23:29   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am using 8520 from last six months and bold2 from last 4 months but havent faced any problem yet.

Touchpad is working like a charm.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:57   #2610
BHPian

Whenever i remove my 9700 out of the holster after receiving an alert, the email or IM automatically opens up. How do i turn this off?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks