Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 07:28   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I use Gtalk and MSN messenger almost everyday for more than 2 hours and they work flawlessly. The IMs on my wife's E52 dont work as well as they do on my BB Bold.
Het SPARKled,
Can you please share what application you use for the Gtallk and what model of BB are you using for the same.
Secondly [COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]which [/FONT][/COLOR]plan are you using for the service are you on the 3G plan by BSNL???
I am on Vodafone 1 year advance rental plan and paid 7k in May. Mine is the full plan with browsing, FB, mail, and all...
Old 17th September 2010, 10:03   #2642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Hey Naveen , From where you got your BB ? I mean was it with service contract? If I buy a BB with service contract of 2 years and lets say after 6 month I terminate the contract and bring phone to India. Will it work there ?
Am not sure about that. Nut it's of Verizon Mobile. My friend got it for me since he got some contacts. I already got two BB from him. I think it should work since my friend also got an iphone which was on a contract basis and it's working fine here. Check whether they have any legal formalities for it.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:32   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Het SPARKled,
Can you please share what application you use for the Gtallk and what model of BB are you using for the same.
Secondly [COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]which [/FONT][/COLOR]plan are you using for the service are you on the 3G plan by BSNL???
I am on Vodafone 1 year advance rental plan and paid 7k in May. Mine is the full plan with browsing, FB, mail, and all...
I too have the Vodafone yearly plan for the full BB internet service. I am using the standard BB Gtalk and MSN messenger applications that are available to download for free. I am using the Bold 9000.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:31   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Ok , I know this is very basic and maybe a stupid question . To run the messenger do I need a BB with BB services or Just a BB with GPRS will do?
Well, ive never tried the messengers through a GPRS plan, but yes, for BBM & Mails to get activated directly, you need to activate BB services. The cheapest plan as of now is the Rs.299 plan (only mails & messengers) but there has recently been a new Rs.400 or something plan (everything - mails, messengers & unlimited internet browsing).

Last edited by Xehaust : 17th September 2010 at 12:33.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:46   #2645
BHPian

A BB isn't a BB without the BB plan. Its just another phone. So no its pointless to have a BB with just gprs. you may as well continue with whatever phone you have!

Secondly I'm posting this from my BB with the new 399 prepaid plan. But it is for personal use only. I.E no office email can be configured only personal emails.

For office plus personal you need the 899 or 1099 plan.

Messengers on a BB are on push service not pull unlike all other companies handsets and push is realtime whenever possible (99%)
Old 17th September 2010, 13:22   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Messengers on a BB are on push service not pull unlike all other companies handsets and push is realtime whenever possible (99%)
You are referring to the email technology used Yes, BB service uses "push" tech so that emails come to your phone as soon as they land in your email account. But do keep in mind that "pull" tech has improved as well.

There is nothing like pull or push in the instant messaging world. Its all real time, no matter what device or software. Hence the term "instant" messaging
Old 17th September 2010, 13:57   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust.282 View Post
Well, ive never tried the messengers through a GPRS plan, but yes, for BBM & Mails to get activated directly, you need to activate BB services. The cheapest plan as of now is the Rs.299 plan (only mails & messengers) but there has recently been a new Rs.400 or something plan (everything - mails, messengers & unlimited internet browsing).
Do you really mean that Rs 400 plan offer unlimited internet browsing and use of all applications?

I was told that browsing is available but is chargable at certain per/kb rates.

Kindly confirm.

Last edited by Bubby : 17th September 2010 at 13:59.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:19   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Just checked with Airtel about the BB 399 unlimited internet and email plan. Sadly it is available for only prepaid customers. Which to me sounded strange. They continue to charge 899 for the same plan from a post paid user. I will have to get another phone for voice communication and use my BB on prepaid for emails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Vodafone Introduces New Postpaid Plan For Blackberry
(Rs.599/- for unlimited mails, messenger and browsing)

he government and BlackBerry have made their peace and its a relief to the scores of Indian corporates using efficient email service over their hand held devices. With the doubts at rest about the future of the Canadian service giants future in the country, service operators are ready bet their money on the expansion in push email domain.

Vodafone Essar is the first one to make a move after the path-breaking launch of Prepaid Unlimited Blackberry Services with flexible plans today announced the launch of new Unlimited Blackberry service plan for its Postpaid GSM subscribers across all the telecom circles.

Vodafone’s GSM Mobile service users have the liberty to opt for postpaid BlackBerry services with Unlimited Internet, Email and IM Chat at monthly rental of Rs.599.

Vodafone Blackberry Internet cum Messaging Plans comes at monthly package of Rs.599 enabled its subscribers to enjoy Unlimited e-mail, Instant messaging (IM), social networking and Internet browsing. The existing Vodafone customer who wishes to migrate to new plans needs to give a request at Stores/Call centre.

Vodafone’s new Postpaid BlackBerry tariff Plans in details -:

Rs.599 Unlimited access to BIS emails, Instant Messenger, Internet browsing and applications
* Advance Rs.2499 (for 6 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)
* Advance Rs.4999 (for 12 months) (it comes to Rs.417/- per month)

BIS-299 Rs.299 Unlimited Access Upto 10 email a/c’s, Instant messaging
(Internet Browsing not allowed )

Exclusive Vodafone Introduces New Postpaid Plan for BlackBerry

Got the info from the above posts. Will confirm once i activate the plan. Should shift to it hopefully by next weekend.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:19   #2649
BHPian

Yes, the Rs 400 plan does offer unlimited email/IM/Browsing. Please note that this plan is only available in prepaid.

Similar plan in postpaid costs Rs 599.

I had to convert my Vodafone postpaid to prepaid to save a few bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Do you really mean that Rs 400 plan offer unlimited internet browsing and use of all applications?

I was told that browsing is available but is chargable at certain per/kb rates.

Kindly confirm.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:27   #2650
BHPian

Annual Plans

Most of the operators are now offering reasonable advance rental annual plans for BIS. I have got my 6 month plan activated last evening for Rs 2,499 on Vodafone. This translates to Rs 417 pm plus taxes. The annual advance rental is Rs 4,999.

If not renewed, the plan is converted into Rs 599 pm after the completion of the period.

Vodafone has this published on their website now. Although, Vodafone told me that they are yet to launch this plan in AP, they activated my BIS plan.

EDIT: Vodafone URL to BIS http://www.vodafone.in/existingusers...d_charges.aspx

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 17th September 2010 at 16:28.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:43   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Yes, the Rs 400 plan does offer unlimited email/IM/Browsing. Please note that this plan is only available in prepaid.

Similar plan in postpaid costs Rs 599.

Holy Cow !

Now when did these plans poured in? I am still paying Rs 899 for a similar offered data on my Airtel postpaid in Delhi.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:59   #2652
BHPian

Blackberry on Airtel Prepaid:

http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/Air...kberry_devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Holy Cow !

Now when did these plans poured in? I am still paying Rs 899 for a similar offered data on my Airtel postpaid in Delhi.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:39   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
I was thinking of the same, but compromised on my existing airtel prepaid to be used in the BB handset when I want to activate BB again. My vodafone still remains postpaid (zero rent lifetime ). BUT, is there any difference in the lower BB plans (199/399 etc) between airtel and vodafone ?

There used to be network freezing issues with pre-paid numbers in the past, I have no idea if the same continues. If not, prepaid is the way to go with a 1 second plan on calls and a 399 plan for BB. Open to correction.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:03   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Thanks Xehaust . Can you suggest me some good devices . I will be buying it from US .
Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
A BB isn't a BB without the BB plan. Its just another phone. So no its pointless to have a BB with just gprs. you may as well continue with whatever phone you have!

Secondly I'm posting this from my BB with the new 399 prepaid plan. But it is for personal use only. I.E no office email can be configured only personal emails.

For office plus personal you need the 899 or 1099 plan.

Super Noob Question What is the basic difference between a BB and say a smart phone Example e71? What are the advantages of BB over it?
Old 18th September 2010, 01:50   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
is there any difference in the lower BB plans (199/399 etc) between airtel and vodafone ?
Nope. Plans from both service providers are exactly similar.
Quote:
There used to be network freezing issues with pre-paid numbers in the past, I have no idea if the same continues. If not, prepaid is the way to go with a 1 second plan on calls and a 399 plan for BB. Open to correction.
Haven't faced any such issues so far.

As you said, per second plan along with BIS399 is the best combo in prepaid at the moment IMO.

Last edited by live2drive : 18th September 2010 at 01:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks