Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 16:10   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Hi!
Thanks for the very useful TIP. It works. To get to an UNREAD message till now, I have been scrolling down all the way to get it.
Your very welcome! Its soooo much more convenient. I know how frustating it is when you didnt know this & had to scroll all the way & find the unread
Old 29th October 2010, 15:14   #2792
BHPian

Guys,

Does anyone know the address/location of the service Centre in Bangalore for Blackberry? Whereabouts is it located?

Prajwal
Old 29th October 2010, 16:17   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Guys,

Does anyone know the address/location of the service Centre in Bangalore for Blackberry? Whereabouts is it located?

Prajwal
South Karnataka Bangalore Redington India Ltd 122/2, Infantry Road, Monarch Chambers, 2nd Floor, Bangalore-560 001 080-30554512 / 30554524 / 9036901878

Picked up the info from here
Old 2nd November 2010, 01:53   #2794
Team-BHP Support

Never too late to get onto the BB Bandwagon.
I had been looking to get a new phone since I lost my E71 two months ago, but could not ever get my mind on something.
I dropped by the Mobile Store outlet on my way back home to have yet another look at the BB product range. I almost bought the Curve 8520, and within a few minutes my brother came around and we landed up paying for the Bold 9700 instead. The need for the long lasting battery life, half a decent camera and a comparatively comfortable keypad did me in on the 9700, though I still cannot make too much sense over the price difference between the Curve and the 9700 Bold.
Superb sales team at the outlet, the sales guy got me to buy a phone even though I was at some point about to leave the store to come back another day.
Price: Rs. 25,000, they threw in an extra cover and screen guard free, and yet another one of those covers for my brother's 9700 bold too, and this without asking.

Coming to the phone, its been only an hour that I've been around it. The phone has some awesome level of personalisation, a pleasant change from having used Nokia E series since four years. Will have the BB services activated first thing tommorrow morning, and get around reading the manual en route to work.
Thought I'd pay my respect to the thread I've been reading a lot over the last few weeks.

manson.
Old 2nd November 2010, 02:32   #2795

Good Stuff. I almost bought the BB-Torch today, but then somehow....didnt. Got this for my darling Bold 9700 though.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-100_6768.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-100_6769.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2010, 07:17   #2796
BHPian

@mason congrats and welcome to the blackberry boys! The 9700 is all about the bold life you'll figure it eventually.

@cyrus43 how much did you pay for that? And where'd you buy it?
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:55   #2797

Got it at the Carphone Warehouse. paid 11gbp for it.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:15   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Got it at the Carphone Warehouse. paid 11gbp for it.
Thats a case mate right. Which Model is it?
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:35   #2799
BHPian

Crap its not from india! This is what I hate about the mobile skin. Don't know where the user is from. Nice case though!
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:59   #2800
Team-BHP Support

I have never set my phone up for backup, sync contacts, media, etc.
I understand that I need to install the desktop software from the cd I got with the phone, which I am currently doing.
The chap at Mobile Store transferred my contacts from the N95 via multiple sim cards, but he seems to have overlooked a bunch. I intend to delete all of that and transfer it again. The memory card for both phones is the same, so I just swapped the two, but I still have data on the phone memory of the N95 that I want on the 9700.

For the email, I have two work email accounts which are on bom5.vsnl.net.in, and I even want my hotmail and gmail accounts on this. How can I configure the same?
Does to enterprise server thing imply anything on my office email accounts?

Any inputs/tips with setting up the phone would be highly appreciated. Btw, I already miss the 'say caller name' feature from my E71 & N95 on this phone.

manson.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:09   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I have never set my phone up for backup, sync contacts, media, etc.
I understand that I need to install the desktop software from the cd I got with the phone, which I am currently doing.
The chap at Mobile Store transferred my contacts from the N95 via multiple sim cards, but he seems to have overlooked a bunch. I intend to delete all of that and transfer it again. The memory card for both phones is the same, so I just swapped the two, but I still have data on the phone memory of the N95 that I want on the 9700.

For the email, I have two work email accounts which are on bom5.vsnl.net.in, and I even want my hotmail and gmail accounts on this. How can I configure the same?
Does to enterprise server thing imply anything on my office email accounts?

Any inputs/tips with setting up the phone would be highly appreciated. Btw, I already miss the 'say caller name' feature from my E71 & N95 on this phone.

manson.
First off welcome to BB. Second the guy at your service provider BB help desk will configure an email setup interface for you. All you have to do is go homescreen>main menu>setup>email setup and enter login password on the first screen and from there you can config upto 10 email ids including the vsnl one!

Thirdly the BB has a fairly advanced voice recognition software you will find it under>main menu>applications. Next before you hook it up to your email ids get a firmware update from BB. The moment you download BBDM (blackberry desktop manager) it will run a backup and an update check.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:23   #2802
Team-BHP Support

Val: Thanks for the greetings. I have been welcomed a bunch of times earlier today, seems like a global norm of sorts
Ok, now I followed the your instructions and configured 4 email accounts in 10 odd minutes with all working perfectly. Damn this BlackBerry device is smooth.
Now, I did ignore the third set of instructions as I was not very clear and the eagerness to have the email accounts working was on a high.
Is the voice recognition software a security tool?
The firmware update you mentioned, is that for the phone or the desktop software?

My next set of queries:

1. How can I periodically take backup of the data on my phone?

2. How can I import pictures and other media from the phone to my notebook. The current option on the desktop manager only indicatesa and option to send to the phone from various locations on the notebook.

3. What happends in syncing a phone to the laptop? I understand that one can sync calendar entries, contacts, mailboxes, etc, but would the same keep getting updated by itself on the laptop if I made changes when the notebook is switched off, and vice versa?

manson.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:29   #2803

Connect the phone, start the BB software and uncheck the sync options. Also, in your "My Computer" there should be an icon that appears when you connect the phone. this will let you browse the phone like any normal usb device.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:34   #2804
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Cyrus. And how do I take backup for my contacts, messages and other data on the phone?

manson.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:35   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Alright am on BB bandwagon too as I won a BB 8530 in a scavenger hunt contest here

The biggest problem I faced was to transfer the contacts from my E63 to this phone but thanks to Kiran & a few others I figured it out.

As compared to the E63 this phone is very light has a nice trackpad & very good display. The keys though were better on the E63 & the flash very handy.

Also the 8530 has gps which the e63 lacked.

Haven't yet configured mails yet, Will do so soon.

I have a question, do the apps get installed only on device memory?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks