Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 11:51   #2896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Can someone tell me why the pictures/videos taken on the torch are not visible from Torch interface, but its visible on my PC (using the BB desktop manager)?

I could not find a file explorer app on the BB OS. How do I browse through the files system in blackberry device?
Don't have a Torch myself, but it should be similar to the OS6 interface on my 9700. Go to the Media folder and there you should find folders for Pictures, Music and Videos. If you have a memory card, do make sure you have set the Pictures/Music/Videos to be saved on your media card in Options.

What exactly do you want to specifically browse in the File System?
Old 15th November 2010, 12:00   #2897
BHPian

@Nishanygandhi the 592 release was officially available from a number of vendors. The basic app versions are what are different. I had 592 however found it slightly unstable and cranky at times. that's why I reverted to 509. Also wind hellas had a 592 release they have pulled it down as you saw when you downloaded the 509.
Old 15th November 2010, 14:27   #2898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@harry10 did you try using the loader.exe file that's in the folder just on or two above where you deleted vendor.xml
YUp tried that as well and still no prompts for update
Old 15th November 2010, 14:38   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Can someone tell me why the pictures/videos taken on the torch are not visible from Torch interface, but its visible on my PC (using the BB desktop manager)?

I could not find a file explorer app on the BB OS. How do I browse through the files system in blackberry device?
Oh, I did not know they have one for BB as well.
Thanks a lot iTNerd for the information.
Old 15th November 2010, 14:40   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
YUp tried that as well and still no prompts for update
Maybe you could try this:

1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

4. Connect your BB to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default
Old 15th November 2010, 15:19   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Harry, are you BIS plan ?
Old 15th November 2010, 15:19   #2902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Maybe you could try this:

1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

4. Connect your BB to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default
Done all five steps again and when i run the loader it does not do the update.How can i resolve this asap
Old 15th November 2010, 15:42   #2903
BHPian

@harry10
Could you tell us your BB model, Service Provider (Airtel, Voda etc), BB plan (BIS, BES) that you have and whether it is your company provided phone or your own phone, and the OS of the computer (Win XP/7 or Mac) that you are trying to install this using. What is the file name you have downloaded for the new OS, and do you see that OS installed in Add/Remove programs?
Old 15th November 2010, 15:47   #2904
BHPian

@harry10 hit alt+shift+H see what OS you are getting and *MOST* importantly is your phone on a enterprise network.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:10   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
@harry10
Could you tell us your BB model, Service Provider (Airtel, Voda etc), BB plan (BIS, BES) that you have and whether it is your company provided phone or your own phone, and the OS of the computer (Win XP/7 or Mac) that you are trying to install this using. What is the file name you have downloaded for the new OS, and do you see that OS installed in Add/Remove programs?
BB- 8520 curve.
service provider- vodafone delhi.
Plan- 599 unlimited net which is recently launched in ncr.
own phone.
OS Of laptop- Windows vista.
Yes i see the OS installed in Add/Remove programs.
file name is - 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.47_A5.0.0.509_Wi nd_Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@harry10 hit alt+shift+H see what OS you are getting and *MOST* importantly is your phone on a enterprise network.
app version-4.6.1.314(465)
I dont work for any company. Its for private use.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:28   #2906
BHPian

Just an afterthought. Did you try restarting your computer and see if it works. Does the BB show up as connected in the DM? Close (Exit) the DM and then try running Loader.exe
Is the downloaded file size 117.78 MB? Or you can uninstall this one, download the file again, reinstall and try to see if it works.
Good luck and really hope it works this time.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:33   #2907
BHPian

Uninstall BBDM 6 and wipe out any traces of it. download BBDM 5. Change preferences to not check for update and then install the downloaded OS. Now follow the step process from what I had posted for you earlier. I prefer BBDM to loader.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:24   #2908
BHPian

couple of things to ask you guys

1. Opera browser - my mouse cursor is very fast here, i have to really slow down. There are no settings for cursor control in opera. The trackpad sensitivity can be changed but it does not affect the in-browser experience.

2. How to change default browser to opera - under options > advanced > browser > default browser i have following
> airtel live
> blackberry browser
> Internet browser
> hotspot browser

wherez opera ??

I was installing citybank mobile app in opera, and when i clicked on install now, it took me to blackberry browser where it gave an error. How do i get the install now to open in opera ??

3. Waze - Its no longer giving me voice guided navigation. I restarted the phone just in case the app is not loaded properly but nada. I will share the same in waze thread here.

4. Bolt browser - fed up of mouse sensitivity in opera, i will try bolt browser. Anyone got it installed. Please share if you have it. Any other browser option ??

5. Fring is just like trillion, its free too - I have used it before and it works like a charm. Will try it out again. Good to have one app for multiple IM's

6. Casing - I like zagshield after seeing the videos on their site & i am interested to get hold of it. Its available on fommy. I need a screen protector for sure & there are 3 options to chose from (only screen / full body / full body max coverage) but do you guys recommend any box type casing as well ?? which brand ???
Old 15th November 2010, 17:35   #2909
Senior - BHPian

The memory card that came with the torch was laden with trojan/virus (lots of folder like icon with .exe extension!). And all the folder/files were set to be hidden. All these, from a sealed box! However, I have now performed a security wipe to clean and start from scratch. Now, everything is working quite good.

On the GPS navigation, would the waze work on torch? torch 9800 is not listed as one of the supported BB devices on their website.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:56   #2910
BHPian

@itnerd yes it will perfectly work on your phone.

@quadra the opera browsers still doesn't have proper support on any BB except I think the touchscreens. Secondly there is no way you can make it default as it does not integrate into the OS. It doesn't on most other phones too.

Bolt is very good and functional but I still prefer the BB browser and this after toying with both of them for quite a while. I still have them installed they are under downloads or applications depending on your theme. Yes themes move icons around. And please don't use airtel or the blackberry browser they are Wap! Bad for you! You got the error because the default browser is hot-spot and you were not in a wifi location. Change default browser to internet browser.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks