Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 12:26   #3151
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
good news for blackberry pearl buyers,
the price has gone to 12,200 inclusive of all taxes with 18 month all india warranty,
Where? Which store? Which city? Pink too? Would be a great Valentine Gift.
Old 14th February 2011, 13:43   #3152
BHPian

i am an official blackberry dealer,its available in all the colors,
like you said the sale of pearl pink has gone up for the valentines day,black is the best selling color though
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Where? Which store? Which city? Pink too? Would be a great Valentine Gift.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:25   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Problem transferring contactsDue to some problems I needed to transfer my phone book from Blackberry to Nokia. Found that it is virtually NO GO. Earlier when I have moved from Nokia to BB I could easily do the transfer through Outlook. The reverse does not seem to be possible.
You can copy from BB to Outlook. Click on Organizer --> Configure --> Setup --> Choose "From device to outlook" One way transfer. Now use Ovi to transfer from outlook to Nokia.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:46   #3154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
good news for blackberry pearl buyers,
the price has gone to 12,200 inclusive of all taxes with 18 month all india warranty,
that's a solid price for the 9100.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:17   #3155
BHPian

yes it is a great price,the sales of 9100 & 9105 was slowwhen it was priced at 15k too,but 12k has been real agressive from blackberry,we are running out of stocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
that's a solid price for the 9100.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:39   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I am facing a strange problem with my BB Curve 8520. Since yesterday i am not able to compose and send new emails from the handset. When i type the name it wouldn't pick up the email from list. Even if i type the email address, the send option doesn't come up :(

I can reply to mails though, but the same problem that i cannot add any new email ids to the reply mail. Quite strange. Tried BPL restart, but still the issue persists.

BB gurus - Please help.....
Hi,

I was facing the exact same problem in my BB8520 within a week or so after i bought it.

The only solution i found was to take back up of the phone data and re install the software. BB 8520 has some other bugs too. few days ago the zoom on my camera stopped working. i re installed the device software and it started working.

Hope this helps.
Old 17th February 2011, 18:15   #3157
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

I was facing the exact same problem in my BB8520 within a week or so after i bought it.

The only solution i found was to take back up of the phone data and re install the software. BB 8520 has some other bugs too. few days ago the zoom on my camera stopped working. i re installed the device software and it started working.

Hope this helps.
I have tried everything, but looks like this is the only option left. Will have to backup the data now and reinstall the software :(

It stopped working all of a sudden; wonder what caused the issue. Hope it doesn't become a recurring phenomena....
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:53   #3158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I have tried everything, but looks like this is the only option left. Will have to backup the data now and reinstall the software :(

It stopped working all of a sudden; wonder what caused the issue. Hope it doesn't become a recurring phenomena....
Hey,

Did u get around this problem? Seems its a known and repeting bug in 8520. I had this problem again in my fone today and re installed the fone software to over come this thing.

My older curve never faced any such issues.
Old 25th February 2011, 06:53   #3159
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where the Pearl 9100 is available for 12k? I tried a few stores here in Bangalore the big chains and small shops, and none of them are quoting a price of less than 14k for the 9100. Also, do all BB's come with an 18 month warranty as standard? I am looking to upgrade from my Nokia E51 and am torn between 2 different OS's: Blackberry, with the 9100 model in budget, and Android, with the Optimus One. My budget is around 12k.
Old 25th February 2011, 09:16   #3160
BANNED

I have finally bid adieu to BB and jumped ship to Android (Epic 4). Got my BB officially registered with Reliance, and then the vendor was trying to reload OS. Bricked the system.
Old 25th February 2011, 09:46   #3161
BHPian

Anyone using BIS with 3G from BSNL ? Hows the service ? and can we Tether with 3G connection ? There is a 999 wala UL plan which makes awesome deal if we can tether it.
Old 26th February 2011, 16:33   #3162

Please ping "Nandish" team-bhpian from Bangalore. He is an authorized blackberry distributor and should be able to get you one at a good price. Cheers,
Amaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Can anyone tell me where the Pearl 9100 is available for 12k? I tried a few stores here in Bangalore the big chains and small shops, and none of them are quoting a price of less than 14k for the 9100. Also, do all BB's come with an 18 month warranty as standard? I am looking to upgrade from my Nokia E51 and am torn between 2 different OS's: Blackberry, with the 9100 model in budget, and Android, with the Optimus One. My budget is around 12k.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:03   #3163
BHPian

i will be able to give you a pearl9100 & 9105 at 12300 inclusive of all with 18 month warranty,i dont know why you were not able to get the same in the market,you can pm me,i will be happy to help
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Old 26th February 2011, 19:14   #3164
BHPian

Nandish, whats the update on the PLAYBOOK for the Indian market ? I've been shying away from ipad purely in anticipation of a BB Tablet.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:43   #3165
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

Did u get around this problem? Seems its a known and repeting bug in 8520. I had this problem again in my fone today and re installed the fone software to over come this thing.

My older curve never faced any such issues.
I had to reload the OS to get it working. I checked with the official vendors, and they too confirmed that reinstall is the only way to resolve this issue

Oflate the Opera browser is also giving issues. It crashes often, so i am using only the BB browser for now.

Most Viewed