Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 21:54   #3541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I already got the screen protector and got it installed through a mobile store. He installed it neat. 0 bubbles

With regards to OS upgrade. I see in Torch there is an option to upgrade the OS from within the phone. Is it how you do it in this phone?

Previous BB's I use to download the file on comp and then install on phone.
The OTA upgrade option has never worked for me. Neither has the BBDM upgrade option. I ALWAYS download a new firmware and install it via PC.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:40   #3542
BHPian

hello all

as you all suggested tried doing the upgrade to OS6 via the desktop manager but the issue i faced was when i clicked on the update button it starts taking backup and when the tab moves on the install part it throws error of bad net connection but the net is absolutely fine with download speeds of 150kbps

whats the solution for this and email problem that i am facing that i reported on the previous page ?
please help
Old 15th July 2011, 04:56   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Hello,

call this stupidity or somthing else. But in my BB 9300 i by mistake hided the saved messages folder and i dont know how to unhide it.

can someone help ?
MENU -> Show All
Then find it and choose the hide option again to unhide it for good.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:43   #3544
Distinguished - BHPian

Read some good news, India might be one of the first to get the new Bold 9900. Possibly by this month end itself.

Check out this thread: Blackberry Bold 9900 INDIA !! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 11:07   #3545
Senior - BHPian

august 3rd week or 4th week might be more realistic
Old 15th July 2011, 17:55   #3546
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

few days ago i connected by BB9780 to sync and i got a notification for software update. and i did so. attached is the screen shot of my current software version. Anyone using the same?

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-screen_20110715_175059.jpg

Now, the issue here is, my phone has become very slow in functioning ever since i have installed this. I don't have many softwares as such installed except the usual BBM, Gtalk, MSN, Bloomberg etc. I still have 197MB free memory and 1.25GB of memory card space.

Could it be something related to the software version?

Thanks.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:13   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ghpk

tried the update through my pc but always the update gets failed and says internet connection error although the net connection is perfect any solutions ?

and also
well i am using the BB on loop now the issue is i have total for 4 mailboxes 2 gmails and 1 ymail and another rocketmail, last both belonging to yahoo.

Now when on loop site when i registered my BB and added all the four mailboxes
my 2 gmails and the rocketmail got added and also i started recieving mails too on the same,
but the issue is with ymail the thing is as soon as i added this mailbox on loop site i got an activation mail on ymail on my bb when i opened it, it said that i need to change my outlook settings so that it leaves mail on the server and it showed me the subsequent steps too.

But the thing is i have never synced any of my mailboxes including Ymail with outlook, I dont use outlook.

how can this issue be solved ?
also when i added rest of mailboxes on loop site i also got options to sync my contacts with the mailboxes but with Ymail i didnt get this option.
the ymail inobx is very important to me
i faced this problem a while ago. very simple fix. login to yahoo from your pc. once in your mail box you will see your name written as "hi Valhallen" there is a drop down menu next to it. click on "Account" it will ask you to login again.

on the account information page scroll down to Sign-In and Security and click on "Manage Apps and Website Connections"

on that page remove "Yahoo! Mail for RIM/BlackBerry" .

add your mailbox again on BB.
Thats it.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:35   #3548
BHPian

Any idea what are the prices of the Bold 2, Bold 3, Torch in Mumbai without bill?
Last week I checked at Alpha, the Bold 2 and 3 were available for 17500 and 17750 respectively and the Torch for 20000 without bill.
Is there any other place where I can get any of these cheaper?
Old 20th July 2011, 21:43   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Any idea what are the prices of the Bold 2, Bold 3, Torch in Mumbai without bill?
Last week I checked at Alpha, the Bold 2 and 3 were available for 17500 and 17750 respectively and the Torch for 20000 without bill.
Is there any other place where I can get any of these cheaper?
I do not know of any other place which will give you these phones cheaper than Alfa. I have always bought all my phones from Alfa since they really sell the phones at huge discounts from the MRP. Therefore I suggest you go ahead with your purchase from Alfa.
Old 21st July 2011, 00:00   #3550
BHPian

@valhallen

i tried your suggestion and there was no option for yahoo for rim/blackberry
only two options were there one being yahoo mobile and second being yahoo messenger.

What to do now???

Also i would be going to germany and austria for 15days on this sunday, and i would be carrying my BB with me, i would like to know what would be the cheapest option available for the BB services as mentioned here my local no. of india with BB service active would be dam expensive there, So what would be the best alternatives ?
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:58   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Anyone please recommend me an application for recording GPS tracks, say something similar to My Tracks for android.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:06   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Updated my tried and tested Bold 9000 from 4 to 5. Love the new interface. Now waiting for the new Bold Touch to retire the original Bold. I guess this one has been developed after the incessant demand for the original 9000 ergonomics with a track pad. Looks like RIM really created the new Bold touch from this feedback and that's a good thing coz the 9000 without a doubt has the best keypad amongst any qwerty keypad device.

Last edited by SPARKled : 23rd July 2011 at 20:08.
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:02   #3553
BHPian

I have an old BB handset that I want to use as an ordinary phone. Do I require a special SIM to be used on a BB or any ordinary SIM will do ?
Old 25th July 2011, 08:03   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have an old BB handset that I want to use as an ordinary phone. Do I require a special SIM to be used on a BB or any ordinary SIM will do ?
You can use any old sim that you want in your BlackBerry. You can surely use the voice and sms services without a problem.

If you do not want to use data services, make sure you switch it off in Options. Here's a tip how to do that:

Turn off data service
  • Depending on your wireless service plan, you might be able to turn off data service (email, PIN and MMS messages, and browser service) on your BlackBerry® device so that only phone and SMS text messaging services are available.
  • In the device options, click Mobile Network.
  • Perform one of the following actions:
    To turn off data service, change the Data Services field to Off.
    To turn off data service when roaming, change the Data Services field to Off When Roaming.
  • Press the Menu key.
  • Click Save.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:38   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Anyone please recommend me an application for recording GPS tracks, say something similar to My Tracks for android.

Thanks in anticipation.
GPSLogger II (available in the app world) is an excellent tool to record gps tracks.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks