Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 12:29   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hey guys,
Finally got the Wifi issue resolved. Basically what worked out for me was I had to activate the 599 plans as the service books needed for BIS service were either not downloaded or corrupt when I registered for the 299 plan. Now if I shift back to the Lite plan, the wifi should work. Got this advice from both Idea & Vodafone customer care (got a friend on Vodafone to confirm the same).
Is it really necessary to be on any kind of data plan to use the wifi services on the BB? I am planning to buy a Bold 3 9780, but I do not want to get a data plan (at least for now) since I have free wifi at home and at office.

If this is true (that a data plan is needed for wifi), isn't this illegal? Has no one raised a complaint yet?
Old 25th August 2011, 12:44   #3602
Senior - BHPian

Everytime i connect my BB9700 to my bluetooth headset, the LED indicator starts flashing continuously in blue. Is there any way i can stop that from happening, as it gets really irritating at times.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:48   #3603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Is it really necessary to be on any kind of data plan to use the wifi services on the BB? I am planning to buy a Bold 3 9780, but I do not want to get a data plan (at least for now) since I have free wifi at home and at office.

If this is true (that a data plan is needed for wifi), isn't this illegal? Has no one raised a complaint yet?
No you don't need a data plan. The wifi works perfectly fine. But google apps (google maps/gmail) do not work without a dataplan. You can visit the corresponding websites, but the apps give the popup message of a dataplan requirement.

Otherwise everything else works - you can even visit the BB App world and download apps - most of them will work on wifi.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 13:25   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Everytime i connect my BB9700 to my bluetooth headset, the LED indicator starts flashing continuously in blue. Is there any way i can stop that from happening, as it gets really irritating at times.
The blue indicates you are connected via blue tooth. This is completely normal. It happens in my 8520 also when ever I connect it with my car stereo.
Only Way you can stop this is by covering it with your mobile case.
Jokes apart, there would be some option for LED on off. Didn't check in my handset though, till now.
Old 26th August 2011, 01:30   #3605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
You can turn off the LED indicator from Bluetooth options.
Mugen_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 12:58   #3606
Senior - BHPian

I have another query. Is it necessary to get a BIS plan compulsorily to use email and other internet functions? From what I could see on the net, the BIS does not have 3G speeds. So, I was thinking, can I get a regular 3G data plan (like I can do with another 3G phone) and use it on a Blackberry?

I plan to get a BB Bold 9780. I am currently on the Vodafone network. Does anyone know if Vodafone has started 3G services in Bangalore? People using the BIS 599 plan in Bangalore, how are the speeds compared to the regular EDGE network or even the 3G?
Old 26th August 2011, 14:17   #3607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have another query. Is it necessary to get a BIS plan compulsorily to use email and other internet functions? From what I could see on the net, the BIS does not have 3G speeds. So, I was thinking, can I get a regular 3G data plan (like I can do with another 3G phone) and use it on a Blackberry?

I plan to get a BB Bold 9780. I am currently on the Vodafone network. Does anyone know if Vodafone has started 3G services in Bangalore? People using the BIS 599 plan in Bangalore, how are the speeds compared to the regular EDGE network or even the 3G?
You can utilize the mail & internet services without activating the Blackberry services. However you won't be able to get the push mail facility.

On 3G matters, I don't have any info. But ideally you should be able to get 3G internet speeds for browsing, if the operator is providing the same in your area(s) at Bangalore. Others could chip in on this matter.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 21:53   #3608
Senior - BHPian

Does all bb models support BBM or it is only supported by a few models? I am using bb mail services on my SE p990i, will I able to use BBM on SE if i download it from an external link to my 990i?
Old 29th August 2011, 10:04   #3609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Does all bb models support BBM or it is only supported by a few models? I am using bb mail services on my SE p990i, will I able to use BBM on SE if i download it from an external link to my 990i?
No you wont.
Its handset bount, specifically, BB handset bound, the pin.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:21   #3610
Senior - BHPian

Ok but do all bb phone handset models have bbm?
Old 29th August 2011, 23:12   #3611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Ok but do all bb phone handset models have bbm?
Yes It is there in all BB models.
Old 30th August 2011, 15:00   #3612
Distinguished - BHPian

I use a Blackberry Torch (9800) and essentially an app freak

Can we all share what apps that we have all downloaded from the "App World' and how useful it is?

A few from my side :-

1. Shazam :- Listens to music playing and tells you the name of the song. Brilliant

2. Callblocker : Blocks are unwanted calls. Caller will get one ring and then it automatically disconnects. He wouldnt know what hit him. Must Have !

3. Add Contact App : This app allows you to add contacts in a jiffy. Very useful app

4. Whoisit : This apps allows you to customize your LED light color as per the caller for you to know who calls without opening the phone from its pouch. Brilliant

5. Stormslider : A simple touch and scroll can lock and unlock your phone

6. Twinkle : Add events and it counts down days left for each events.

7. Leave it on : This app allows your backlight to remain ON based on your customization

8. GPSspeedometer : Brilliant app that tells you all stats of a particular drive like Speed, Av time, Distance etc.

9. Weathertrax : One of the most accurate weather apps out there. You can add any number of cities. Tells 7 days weather forecast in advance.

10. Wallpaper Changer: My Torch has never been this beautiful since i downloaded this. Homepage wallpaper changes automatically every 15 minutes. This time is customizable

11. Screencharger : When your phone is charging, beautiful slideshow of images.

Apart from above, I had hordes of other apps like Dilbert, TOI, BURRP, Linkedin, FB, Gmaps, Funniest Bar Jokes, Funniest Blonde Jokes

Games ( Only my favorite) :-

1. Bubbleshooter

2. Hangman

3. Free Chess

4. MathsWorkout

5. Memory

Would love to know which are the apps you all are using and what you think of them?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 11:09   #3613
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India( The 9900)

I do need to carry the charger with me now with usage remaining same .The form factor is just so good ,that you tend to type on and on and on This is definitely the best phone that I have ever used till date !

Fortunately ,I have never had any restart issues till date ,but sometimes the phone did tend to be slow.And ,I read on Crackberry that new software updates should be able to solve the battery problems to some extent .

alt lglg does work .I do clear logs regularly

BTW have you started using Wikitude?
Old 31st August 2011, 12:36   #3614
BHPian

Guess who's back. and now free from the shackles of the shitty old office laptop thank you to my brand new: BB PLAYBOOK! man did i miss visiting here!!! any other PlayBook people here?
Old 31st August 2011, 17:12   #3615
BHPian

hello

updated my curve 9300 to OS6
now one issue i face is in the previous OS5 google maps used to work perfect without any glitch now in OS6 it does not work it gives error that data plan unsupported but it used to work perfect on OS5 with same data plan.

what can be the solution to this problem ?
google mpas is essential for me and so is OS6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks