Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 18:58   #3721
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Question for OS7 users:

On OS6 on my 9300, when i view e-mails with images, the images aren't there, nor are they loading. I need to click on get images and sometimes i get lucky.

How is this behavior tackled in OS7?
Old 21st October 2011, 19:58   #3722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Question for OS7 users:

On OS6 on my 9300, when i view e-mails with images, the images aren't there, nor are they loading. I need to click on get images and sometimes i get lucky.

How is this behavior tackled in OS7?
It's the same in OS 5/6/7. Basically, images attract a lot of data traffic. Not all countries/operators offer UL plans. So by default, every BB comes with auto-image download option checked off.
Old 21st October 2011, 22:20   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Got a BB 9780 phone from office...used by colleague of mine for few days. I just reset everything to factory settings to get the old data's cleared

I was not able to configure email in my BB 9780.

Set up
Email Accounts
Internet Mail Account
User Name + Password
Activate

"Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again"

I tried to log on to airtel.blackberry.com. Following is the message

"Cannot log in:

Your BlackBerry® Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
Airtel at Dial 7070 from your Airtel Number. or bb.support@airtel.in.

Tried creating a new account by submitting the Device PIN and IMEI number...says the account cannot be created via web, please try on the hand phone :(

Any idea?
Old 21st October 2011, 22:27   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
It's the same in OS 5/6/7. Basically, images attract a lot of data traffic. Not all countries/operators offer UL plans. So by default, every BB comes with auto-image download option checked off.
I am on 899 unlimited plan and for all my inbox's the "download auto image" is checked...the silly thing doesnt work still. Was hoping this button actually worked in OS7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Got a BB 9780 phone from office...used by colleague of mine for few days. I just reset everything to factory settings to get the old data's cleared

I was not able to configure email in my BB 9780.

Set up
Email Accounts
Internet Mail Account
User Name + Password
Activate

"Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again"

I tried to log on to airtel.blackberry.com. Following is the message

"Cannot log in:

Your BlackBerry® Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
Airtel at Dial 7070 from your Airtel Number. or bb.support@airtel.in.

Tried creating a new account by submitting the Device PIN and IMEI number...says the account cannot be created via web, please try on the hand phone :(

Any idea?
You didnt mention what data plan is active at present via Airtel. Maybe thats the roadblock
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 22:31   #3725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am on 899 unlimited plan ...

You didnt mention what data plan is active at present via Airtel. Maybe thats the roadblock
I guess me too on this 899 unlimited plan...I was previously using 9xxx and 8xxx BB with the same sim card and scheme & it worked fine. So I don't think there should be any issues with the plan
Old 21st October 2011, 22:44   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I guess me too on this 899 unlimited plan...I was previously using 9xxx and 8xxx BB with the same sim card and scheme & it worked fine. So I don't think there should be any issues with the plan
Since this is your colleagues phone, it should be already added to the BB server with your company. And if the plan can also rotate with just the SIM card......

Tried calling Airtel BB support - 7070?
Old 21st October 2011, 23:02   #3727
BHPian

Anyone, How do you have sent items of your personal e-mails appear on the device?

- Have unchecked "hide sent messages" in device e-mail options
- On airtel.blackberry.com after signing in, i cant create a filter to have sent items show on my device.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:41   #3728
Distinguished - BHPian

The petrolheads BB coming in a week: Porsche designed BlackBerry to be officially announced October 27th | CrackBerry.com

Porsche Design BB. Love it or hate it design.

This is BB's answer to Vertu.

Will be interesting to see the pricing(I think a 20% premium is competitive). Porsche Design has designed phones earlier with Sony but that did not have many takers. I remember one model being flip and had a pricetag of 45k inr. There is definitely a market for a snooty super premium BB given that BB's are the preferred choice by several richie rich's.

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd October 2011 at 02:47.
Old 22nd October 2011, 23:16   #3729
BHPian

<<<<IMPORTANT>>>>

Hi Guys,

I'm using vodafone BIS-599 plan, which is available on prepaid as BIS-399, difference of 200 bucks. So two months back i went to vodafone store and complained about the same, i also told them to shift me to prepaid. The executive told me, SIR, don't shift to prepaid i will give you BB399 plan on your postpaid number. The plan got activated within 48 hours.

I suggest all the postpaid customers to try this out, you will save INR 2400 per year.

Ravi
raviacc2825 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:57   #3730
BHPian

I need advice.
I am getting Blackberry Bold 3 9780 for 21000 rupees on flipkart. Should I go ahead with this buy or is there a better blackberry in this price.
This is the maximum I am ready to pay for a Blackberry phone so please recommend anything within 21000.
Old 24th October 2011, 14:57   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Wish I had known this a few weeks earlier Ravi. Just paid 2500 for 6 months connectivity on BIS. I'll play this card when my BB plan is coming to an end in Feb odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
<<<<IMPORTANT>>>>

Hi Guys,

I'm using vodafone BIS-599 plan, which is available on prepaid as BIS-399, difference of 200 bucks. So two months back i went to vodafone store and complained about the same, i also told them to shift me to prepaid. The executive told me, SIR, don't shift to prepaid i will give you BB399 plan on your postpaid number. The plan got activated within 48 hours.

I suggest all the postpaid customers to try this out, you will save INR 2400 per year.

Ravi
Old 24th October 2011, 16:30   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
<<<<IMPORTANT>>>>

Hi Guys,

Ravi
Lucky you. it didnt work for me. Rep. simply said. Sir we dont have such plan for postpaid if you want 399 then we can convert it to prepaid. :(
Old 24th October 2011, 17:01   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Lucky you. it didnt work for me. Rep. simply said. Sir we dont have such plan for postpaid if you want 399 then we can convert it to prepaid. :(
Guess 399 is available on corporate connections .I have a 399 plan with unlimited downloads and 10 email IDs .All you need to do is send an email from your official ID
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 17:07   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Guess 399 is available on corporate connections .I have a 399 plan with unlimited downloads and 10 email IDs .All you need to do is send an email from your official ID
satya. could you please PM the mail ID. I m not on corporate connection though.
Old 24th October 2011, 17:15   #3735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
satya. could you please PM the mail ID. I m not on corporate connection though.
I am posting it here so that others could also use this if needed .BTW corporate connection doesnt mean your employer pays for the connection. All you need to do it email them from your work ID
corpcare.kar@vodafone.com

Most of the times ,a talk of using the number portability option and switching to other carriers helps you get whatever you want

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th October 2011 at 17:17.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks