Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 08:52   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Can someone tell me how to remove the SD card from the BB8520? I am unable to remove the memory card? Is it push-release mechanism?
Old 4th February 2012, 09:30   #3887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Can someone tell me how to remove the SD card from the BB8520? I am unable to remove the memory card? Is it push-release
mechanism?
You have to pull it towards outside rather than push it inside. Hope this helps.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:20   #3888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
You have to pull it towards outside rather than push it inside. Hope this helps.

Yeah got it, thanks. The card was pushed in a bit tightly.Hence couldn't remove it.
Old 14th February 2012, 17:52   #3889
BHPian

a friend is getting a good deal on BB Curve 9330 (CDMA) - Would push-mail and normal internet work without BIS? It is a handset from US Verizon registered with Reliance in India...

(He needs a CDMA phone with QWERTY KB)..
Old 14th February 2012, 19:36   #3890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
a friend is getting a good deal on BB Curve 9330 (CDMA) - Would push-mail and normal internet work without BIS? It is a handset from US Verizon registered with Reliance in India...

After some googling, it seems that Internet will work as long you have an active data plan (non BB will do, eg. the Rs.98 for 2GB GPRS plan) and the mails can be pulled by your device and not pushed to your device(this would require a network and active BIS service).

PS:I cannot elaborate more on this as I am in office and the proxy is preventing me from opening may websites.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:08   #3891
BHPian

OS 7.1.0.267 out for 9370, 9860, 9900, 9930
OS 7.1.0.267 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9860, & Curve 9370 Found Online - BerryReview

enjoy
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:27   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Its time to upgarde the BB. Any reviews of the Bold 5 (9790)?
Dont want the Bold 4 (9900). Its too big a phone to handle.
Old 24th February 2012, 16:34   #3893
BHPian

I travelled to UAE and tried using my BB over wifi. The browser worked well, so did Whatsapp. However i never got any of my emails, nor did BBM work. What could be the reason.

I'm using BB 9810, OS 7.0.0.261
Old 24th February 2012, 16:43   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post

The phone can be registered and activated with Reliance but Reliance will not support Internet/Blackberry services. Reliance insists you need to buy the handset from them if data services need to be activated. Its not worth spending money on a Blackberry and not having data services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
I travelled to UAE and tried using my BB over wifi. The browser worked well, so did Whatsapp. However i never got any of my emails, nor did BBM work. What could be the reason.

I'm using BB 9810, OS 7.0.0.261
If you had an active BIS/BES and were using your mobile on international roaming, it should have worked fine. UAE's Etisalat and DU have international roaming arrangements with all the operators in India who provide Blackberry services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Guys, its a long time visiting this space ! Could anyone suggest an online store where we get BB genuine batteries ? I saw a brand called 'Seidio' with 4 times or more life than the original BB. Anyone has some user experience with this brand ?
Sedio is a good brand and they produce a variety of extended batteries for most smartphones. You can find batteries on ebay but be sure you contact the seller to check if its genuine. I've bought from a seller- Cart2indiaonline, they can source anything from the US. You need to send them a link of the product you want from any US website and they will quote you a price inclusive of customs duty and shipping. They take care of all the hassles and deliver in about 15 days. I've bought a lot of stuff from them and they're pretty good.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th February 2012 at 23:27.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:27   #3895
Senior - BHPian

BB genuine batteries are now freely available in India. But only for the current range of models.

And hope all the Playbook users in here have upgraded to the new OS
Old 25th February 2012, 10:39   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leistung View Post
If you had an active BIS/BES and were using your mobile on international roaming, it should have worked fine. UAE's Etisalat and DU have international roaming arrangements with all the operators in India who provide Blackberry services.
BBM is know to work over wifi even when the network is switched off on the phone. But it didnt for me, was wondering if there are other settings that need to be changed.
Old 26th February 2012, 11:04   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
BBM is know to work over wifi even when the network is switched off on the phone. But it didnt for me, was wondering if there are other settings that need to be changed.
Blackberry services like BBM, email, messaging will only work with an active BIS/BES connection and will not work over WiFI. Blackberry phones are dependent on a Blackberry service and that is why there are different plans for Blackberry services. You can get an unlimited GPRS pack for about Rs.100 but you cannot use it for a Blackberry, you have to subscribe to a Blackberry plan.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:50   #3898
BHPian

BBM & Email do work over wifi only if you plan supports it. Certain basic plans may not allow this but the enterprise plan allows this for sure. On my personal cell I have the 399 plan and wifi does work.
Old 27th February 2012, 22:12   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leistung View Post
Blackberry services like BBM, email, messaging will only work with an active BIS/BES connection and will not work over WiFI. Blackberry phones are dependent on a Blackberry service and that is why there are different plans for Blackberry services. You can get an unlimited GPRS pack for about Rs.100 but you cannot use it for a Blackberry, you have to subscribe to a Blackberry plan.
I deactivated my BIS399 plan today for a week. Now I need to use only whatsapp so I got the 99 data plan from vodafone but that doesn't seem to work at all. Also I dont know why but my phone is having problems connecting to my home wifi. On the screen it shows connected but the browser and whatsapp don't work. I tried 3 other phones on the same wifi network and all 3 work properly! My wifi supports WPS connectivity btw.
Old 28th February 2012, 02:10   #3900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard

I deactivated my BIS399 plan today for a week. Now I need to use only whatsapp so I got the 99 data plan from vodafone but that doesn't seem to work at all. Also I dont know why but my phone is having problems connecting to my home wifi. On the screen it shows connected but the browser and whatsapp don't work. I tried 3 other phones on the same wifi network and all 3 work properly! My wifi supports WPS connectivity btw.
Most apps work on wifi but whatsapp particularly does not work with wifi, but yeah the browser should respond to the wifi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks