Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 19:12   #4051
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hi Guys,
My wife returned from Germany and her phone was conked off error 523.
I was able to clean install the OS and it's working perfectly with the latest version. Software used BBSAK from BBSAK.org

Thank you for all the support and hopefully this post helps others in similar situation.

Cheers!
Cool!Yes, BBSAK is a nice utility to wipe/reload OS on the blackberry.
Old 6th June 2012, 19:16   #4052
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
My 3 year old Blackberry Curve (8900 I think) is just showing a blank screen from yesterday afternoon. I tried the usual jugaad of dismantling the battery, card and fixing it again but this time it refuses to start up. On charging, the red light comes on but immediately disappears after the charging is stopped.

I think battery may be the culprit. Its D-X1. Where can I get a spare battery in Bangalore? If not, what else could be the problem? Any recommended places to show for repairs?

TIA!
Battery was indeed the problem. Replaced with a new one and the handset is back to normal. Got the battery near my own house albiet not an original one.
Old 6th June 2012, 19:26   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Are you on airtel in bangalore? I am facing the same network issues with my 9360 curve so wondering if it's the phone or the network
I did face similar issues when I bought 9360, ie the network goes on and off (SOS mode/Signal bars fluctuating etc).Read in support forums that few users did face such issues with 9360 .It could either be software or hardware related.How's the reception in any other phone for your airtel sim?I upgraded the OS to 7.1 and haven't seen the problem pop up so far (touchwood )
Old 6th June 2012, 19:39   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
I bold 9780 for about a month till two columns on the keypad (RFVTGB) stopped working.
I bought a 9780 Bold 3 on 8th April 2012, the keys p,del, enter, right shift stopped working 4th May onwards. the piece was a Made in Mexico one - online support forums mentioned moisture issue - but the markers (white stickers inside the phone and battery were white (no moisture). Also it was mentioned that Made in Mexico phones tend to show keypad issues.

i got a new replacement phone (made in Hungary) after 3weeks - only the phone was replaced - using the battery and battery cover of the old phone.

Quote:
I gave it at the Redington office at Kolkata on 26 May. I was told that the machine would be sent to Blackberry India at Bangalore. Since then I haven't heard anything positive from them. !!
waiting time is 3 weeks. hold on and be patient.

PS: shamik.bose @ team bhp also owns a Bold 3 (9780) with the same problem as my phone.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th June 2012 at 19:41.
Old 6th June 2012, 20:33   #4055
BHPian

Has anybody here changed the entire casing of the phone? If yes, please share the contact details of the seller and your experience here.

Has anyone tried Fommy.co.in ?
Old 6th June 2012, 20:41   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Has anybody here changed the entire casing of the phone? If yes, please share the contact details of the seller and your experience here....Has anyone tried Fommy.co.in ?
Wow, somebody reads minds I have been hunting for the entire case for my Pearl and its disappointing so far. Not able to find anything online or offline. I also needed the original battery for it (model CM-2) but find a price range of Rs.279 to Rs.3810 on eBay !! I am not used to making a decision for the same product in that kind of wide price range. I tried fommy long back and it was a very disappointing wait and finally got a very cheap chinese product different from the picture they had posted on the site. I will never buy from them again.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:59   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i got a new replacement phone (made in Hungary) after 3weeks - only the phone was replaced - using the battery and battery cover of the old phone.
waiting time is 3 weeks. hold on and be patient.
Thanks planet. This was reassuring. I was told that it would be back to me in a week. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:06   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow, somebody reads minds I have been hunting for the entire case for my Pearl and its disappointing so far. Not able to find anything online or offline. I also needed the original battery for it (model CM-2) but find a price range of Rs.279 to Rs.3810 on eBay !! I am not used to making a decision for the same product in that kind of wide price range. I tried fommy long back and it was a very disappointing wait and finally got a very cheap chinese product different from the picture they had posted on the site. I will never buy from them again.
Telepathy eh!!!

I was searching this thread and found good reviews about cnn.cn. A member has posted on fixing a storm - the parts were ordered from cnn.cn. They are based in hongkong and accept in USD. Also they have this DIY videos + they have the tool kits as well.

I have few things in mind (telepathy activated) so let me know if you find your stuff there, we can place a bulk order.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:40   #4059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
......we can place a bulk order.
Bulk order ??? I have only one blackberry Anyway I will check the site for details and get back to you !!
Old 7th June 2012, 13:47   #4060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Most likely the unit or the software. I am on Reliance CDMA. Never had a problem about signal strength (Samsung, LG, Nokia and BB). I replaced with a Samsung Epic 4G since I had to change the BB due to the hullabaloo about MEID registration. The signal level was very poor. In the meanwhile my son came with him Epic 4G and everything was fine. Compared with a friend's BB and it was about 20dB down. Then replaced the Epic 4G with an htc Incredible2. Signal levels again back up.

I think you have a bad piece, ask for a replacement or at least reload of the Software. In the Android world the 'Radio' is often the culprit.
Thanks for the info. Will go and ask for a replacement. What are the chances for a replacement? I am sure they will pull some story and say its my fault. Also, the phone fell once and the panel is a bit misaligned(signal reception was problem prior to the fall). I think I will get a new panel and then ask for a replacement.
Old 7th June 2012, 14:17   #4061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks planet. This was reassuring. I was told that it would be back to me in a week. Keeping fingers crossed.
Here , in Bangalore they replace it the same day or the next day at the max .

I had a Torch 9800 which was replaced 2 times in 5 months . Tired of frequent reboots and n/w issues I exchanged it for a 9900 . This was a great phone ( one of the best form factors that I have ever encountered on a phone ),but once again i had so many frequent reboots,dropped calls,n/w issues ,OS issues,..... the list goes on and one . This too was replaced twice in less than 4 months . Finally sold this also at a loss and bought the iPhone 4S .
Old 9th June 2012, 22:55   #4062
BHPian

Quote:
My bold is back, in a new avatar. This one is made in Hungary
Old 11th June 2012, 02:31   #4063
vdi
BHPian

Am facing an issue with my 6months old 9360. While upgrading/installing any applications thru BBaps am getting this error message ----> 'There is an issue with the current session. Please log in to continue (Error id:30702)

Informed this to VF customer care and they are clueless. Would be great if someone can help me to solve this issue.

Last edited by vdi : 11th June 2012 at 02:34.
Old 11th June 2012, 20:14   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Am facing an issue with my 6months old 9360. While upgrading/installing any applications thru BBaps am getting this error message ----> 'There is an issue with the current session. Please log in to continue (Error id:30702)

Informed this to VF customer care and they are clueless. Would be great if someone can help me to solve this issue.
hi Vdi,
Have faced this issue once when I tried changing the sim, looks to me like a session id timeout.Had to re-register the device with the network again using the old sim and its working ok at the moment

You could try this:

Click on payment options and you'll be asked to log in. You can cancel out once logged in on payment options, then go to "My World"..

Error ID: 30702 - HELP!!!! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

or
go thru the below article

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

regds
Old 12th June 2012, 03:05   #4065
vdi
BHPian

Thanks a lot KICHA. Done as mentioned via using the payment options. I wonder why we are having the customer care when they don't even able to understand the issue.

Most Viewed