Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 09:20   #4096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Attention all techie boys - I am currently living in Finland and strangely, there aren't any Blackberry services providers. Some have barely known its existence even. Sad but true. Now my BB 9300 is crippled. Is there a work around to have internet working on it with BIS?
what do you expect when you are at Nokialand? Ages ago they has the ratio of 2 mobiles per person and you expect one to be a BB?

Jokes apart, I have seen people saying yes to getting net without BB service but I dont think it possible. Cant you try Wifi?

Last edited by jkdas : 1st August 2012 at 09:23.
Old 5th August 2012, 19:29   #4097
BHPian

Hi Guys, have joined the Team-Bhp BB group and awaiting authorization since yesterday. Admin please authorise. My BBM name is Raghu.

-Raghuvir
Old 7th August 2012, 07:10   #4098
BHPian

@strangewizard If you are still having an issue with the lines on the screen, steps given by blackberry in US atleast before an exchange can be filled would be to do a device software reload. try that if you haven;t already.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:44   #4099
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Please add PIN 27EBEA18. Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 13:33   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Created a Team-BHP BB Group. Post your PIN's/Barcodes if you wish to join.
Have sent a request to join this group, waiting for authorisation.

Thanks,
K
Old 7th August 2012, 14:02   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicha View Post
Have sent a request to join this group, waiting for authorisation.

Thanks,
K
Kicha, the post that you have quoted is around 2 years old. I doubt if that group still exists, or if the OP is still around to moderate that group. (or if he is still on BB )
Old 7th August 2012, 14:37   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Kicha, the post that you have quoted is around 2 years old. I doubt if that group still exists, or if the OP is still around to moderate that group. (or if he is still on BB )
Oops!!.thanks for the info Neil, are there any active t-bhp group on BBM at the moment?
Old 14th August 2012, 15:25   #4103
BHPian

Hi!

I have recently bought BB 9900 and have successfully transferred all my contacts using BB Protect. I have downloaded the latest version of BB desktop Software. Now whenever i'm trying to sync it with my outlook it throws up the following error: "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id", moreover when i'm trying to update the device software to 7.1 the software takes a back-up of my phone and at the time of updating it says please check your internet connection. The internet is connected through out the day but it still keeps stopping the update. Need help please....

Cheers..
Old 14th August 2012, 22:22   #4104
Senior - BHPian

whoa now that's something i have not heard before. but one customer did call today evening saying he was having issues with syncing his BB.

try it in a different system and check. if it works, then your phone is fine and you need to completely uninstall DM from your pc and reinstall it.

sorry for not being of much help but am stumped :(
Old 14th August 2012, 23:18   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
when i'm trying to update the device software to 7.1 the software takes a back-up of my phone and at the time of updating it says please check your internet connection. The internet is connected through out the day but it still keeps stopping the update. Need help please....

Cheers..
I suggest you download the phone software offline from Redington India and then update your phone with it. Here is the link for you. (https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2D703CF991D00F). The offline update method is pretty easy and it does not harm the phone because the software is official release for India. I have updated my phone many times so I can help u if u have any problem. If u have any further queries bbm me. My pin 28981A88.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:04   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Hi!

I have recently bought BB 9900 and have successfully transferred all my contacts using BB Protect. I have downloaded the latest version of BB desktop Software. Now whenever i'm trying to sync it with my outlook it throws up the following error: "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id", moreover when i'm trying to update the device software to 7.1 the software takes a back-up of my phone and at the time of updating it says please check your internet connection. The internet is connected through out the day but it still keeps stopping the update. Need help please....

Cheers..
Found this article on RIM tech center website.
KB31008-Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Few have suggested a remove/re-install of Desktop Manager Application (probably the latest version or Version 6) and then try.

You could probably download the OS update, based on the country/service provider at (BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com - US and then Click on Access your service provider download site.)

Also, try loading the updated version of the OS offline, either through apploader (which comes along with BB Desktop Manager) or using third party tools like BBSAK.You need to download the latest OS update from RIM website for your device/carrier, install the setup in your pc and proceed with the upgrade using any of the above mentioned options.Please ensure you take a backup of your phone data before initiating an upgrade.

Check for more info on
BlackBerry 101: How to install an official (or leaked) BlackBerry operating system | CrackBerry.com
BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

Note:There are risks involved (data loss/device becoming unstable and unusuable if the update is not initiated in a proper way/ etc etc..).You could go through the demos/quick guides available on the RIM/Blackberry support forums that will give you an overview of the entire procedure.Good Luck
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:39   #4107
Senior - BHPian

I had purchased a Bold 9780 in May 2012 and the phone started to hang. It also had a small dot on the screen and I Redington Coimbatore offered to repair under warranty.

Now, the phone is back with me and working fine, except for the fact that I feel the phone is not mine.

I gave the device to them with the battery and I feel the same has been changed. Is there any way for me to verify that it is actually mine.

The dot they say was dust and no problem with display.

Also, did the 9780 come in 7Os?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

benny
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:45   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay
I had purchased a Bold 9780 in May 2012 and the phone started to hang. It also had a small dot on the screen and I Redington Coimbatore offered to repair under warranty.

Now, the phone is back with me and working fine, except for the fact that I feel the phone is not mine.

I gave the device to them with the battery and I feel the same has been changed. Is there any way for me to verify that it is actually mine.

The dot they say was dust and no problem with display.

Also, did the 9780 come in 7Os?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

benny
The 9780 comes with os6. You will know if the phone is yours by checking the bb pin.
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:48   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
The 9780 comes with os6. You will know if the phone is yours by checking the bb pin.
Thank you very much. How do I verify if the battery is mine.
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:58   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay

Thank you very much. How do I verify if the battery is mine.
Theres no way of finding out if the battery is yours except if you had marked it. If it works fine keep it. If not then go back to the service centre and ask for a replacement. Thats the only way out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks