Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 17:33   #4591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Z10 is one of the best phones out there and its touch and keypads are outstanding. If you search, there is a brief report from me on this very thread
Summary : I completely love this phone
Z30 is even better. Battery life is MUCH better than the Z10. You will find a new love!
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:58   #4592
BHPian

Guys I am in a fix, some small pins in the sim card slot of my q10 broke while taking the sim out! Happened for the first time ever to me with a mobile phone. Attaching a picture for your reference, any idea whether this will be honored under warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-20140522-00.57.17.png  

Old 22nd May 2014, 01:34   #4593
BHPian

Guys, am having a problem with my BB Curve's wifi connection.
I access internet(twitter etc.) and Whatsapp on my Curve 8520 using my home wifi.

It was working perfectly fine but since recently it has been acting quite weird. Everytime I come in the wifi range, I have to reboot the phone to be able to use it (not even switching off and turning on works) ; else I am not able to use twitter and don't even get Whatsapp messages. However, the browser works perfectly fine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a complete new version of whatsapp, I also deleted my wifi connection and re-connected it, still nothing works.
So basically, everytime I go out of wifi I am cut-off and to again be able to use whatsapp I have to reboot.

What is the solution? Thanks in advance.

-Bhargav
Old 22nd May 2014, 06:09   #4594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Guys I am in a fix, some small pins in the sim card slot of my q10 broke while taking the sim out! Happened for the first time ever to me with a mobile phone. Attaching a picture for your reference, any idea whether this will be honored under warranty?
I am using a Galaxy S3. Similar thing happened to me also. The pins of sim tray broke as I used an adaptor to convert my nano sim to micro sim. I took it to service centre and they told me that it will not be covered under warranty. So you have to pay for the same.
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:33   #4595
BHPian

I went to the blackberry service centre for the broken sim tray today and the jerks are telling me that they cant repair it even if I am willing to pay, their attitude reeked of arrogance and when I asked for the same in writing they ballantly refused and told me to write to bb care email id.
Pathetic is the word, I bought a BB after 2 years just for old times sake and this is what I end up with! A Rs. 33000 paper weight.

Edit: went to the sec-14, ggn service centre

Last edited by trumpcard : 22nd May 2014 at 12:35.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:10   #4596
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the blackberry service centre for the broken sim tray today and the jerks are telling me that they cant repair it even if I am willing to pay, their attitude reeked of arrogance and when I asked for the same in writing they ballantly refused and told me to write to bb care email id.
Pathetic is the word, I bought a BB after 2 years just for old times sake and this is what I end up with! A Rs. 33000 paper weight.

Edit: went to the sec-14, ggn service centre
That's well and truly atrocious.

Have you tried going to another service center? It really looks like a simple thing to repair. Why don't you email the higher ups at Blackberry?

I too ended up with a Rs.12k paperweight when I had bricked my Xperia while running an update on it and the service center guys had no clue how to restore that thing.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:20   #4597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats indeed sad to know. Such accidents are beyond control and can happen anytime to anyone. Why dont you write to higher ups and raise some noise, iam sure they would act fast if you do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Z30 is even better. Battery life is MUCH better than the Z10. You will find a new love!
Woah! Sorry for such a late reply as I havent checked back into this thread ever since. My next upgrade is certainly the Z30 if Z50 doesnt come before end of this year and is unimpressive

Till then, let me continue to enjoy 8th wonder (call my Z10 lovingly that) of this world...
Old 23rd May 2014, 00:31   #4598
BHPian

Guys thanks for the support but I just needed the phone in working state asap hence got it repaired from a non authorised bb service center for Rs. 1500/- time was of the essence to me and these guys delivered on that, replaced the part in 40mins.
I lost my warranty for a 2 month old phone but with such pricks at authorised centres who cares for warranty.
Got it replaced from a mobile repair centre in haus khan main market above cafe coffee day.
Old 23rd May 2014, 22:44   #4599
BHPian

While using the q10 couldn't resist the temptation and picked up the z10, I am loving the Q and the Z combo. It has replaced my note 3 which was pretty huge for me to handle.
Old 24th May 2014, 11:01   #4600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam using a Blackberry Z10 from last 12 months ( STL-100-1) and iam extremely happy with this device as its been an extremely smooth 1 year journey with this beauty. And, for first time i didnt feel the need to move to a new device which i normally have the itch to after 9-10 months of buying a new phone
Same here , running on Z10 but had to upgrade the hardware from STL-100-1 to STL-100-3 due to couple of issues.
1) Verly slow charging - Used to take ~6hrs for 80% charging.
2) Use to crash while charging.
3) Cannot dial toll free numbers begining with 0 (000-800-xxxx)

BB replaced my phone with STL-100-3 and then i did an OS upgrade to 10.2.1.2012. Since then, no issues and i just love my BB.I did buy a mobile case along with the phone, this one really impressed people and is my favorite as well. Couple of photographs attached. Apologies for the low quality.
Only thing missing would be the team-bhp app for BB.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-bbmobilecase2.jpg  

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-bbmobilecase1.jpg  

Old 24th May 2014, 13:18   #4601
BHPian

Napo
I am really not feeling the touch keyboard of the Z as compared to the fantastic one on my Q, but I am sure it will grow on me.
Whats the battery life that you are getting!
Old 24th May 2014, 13:35   #4602
BHPian

I have not used Q so am not sure about the touch interface. I believe its rated better than Z in reviews.

Battery stands for around 10-12 hours, the usage is relatively high and am mostly on 3G. One thing that i have noticed is that the battery drains faster when i am out of network or when i face network issues. It's something common for all , but i guess its on the higher side on my device.
Old 24th May 2014, 13:44   #4603
BHPian

Quote:
Napo
I am really not feeling the touch keyboard of the Z as compared to the fantastic one on my Q, but I am sure it will grow on me.
Whats the battery life that you are getting!
So are you looking Q10 or Z10?
Old 24th May 2014, 13:47   #4604
BHPian

Happyroadie
I have both buddy as mentioned above.
Old 27th May 2014, 13:31   #4605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
I have not used Q so am not sure about the touch interface. I believe its rated better than Z in reviews.

Battery stands for around 10-12 hours, the usage is relatively high and am mostly on 3G. One thing that i have noticed is that the battery drains faster when i am out of network or when i face network issues. It's something common for all , but i guess its on the higher side on my device.
Touch on both is the same. With the Q, i just miss the 'back buttom'.

Try keeping your mobile network on 2G & 3G. I was told this saves the batter a bit more that leaving it on just 3G.

Most Viewed