Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-107.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3721460)
My back pack is Lowepro flipside sport 10

See http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/f...e-sport-10l-aw

Jeroen

You may also want to check the sling bags.
http://store.lowepro.com/sling-bags/...t-sling-150-aw

I find it extremely useful given it is easy to carry a heavy bag and the fact that you don't have to put the bag down to change lenses.

I was about to buy canon 70d 18-140 , a casual meeting with one of my friend has left me more confused , should i go with mirrorless or proper DSLR . My usage is restricted to travel and occasional pics at home functions .

Had a look at Sony A6000 , it is available with 2 lens kit for 59K at sony world . Which would be a better option Olympus m5( seems to be popular ) or sony . I will not be upgrading atleast for next 5 yrs . BTW i am moving from a point & shoot camera . Folks pls advice .

@arjuna

For what you said even the Fuji X2 makes a good sense. You cannot go wrong with either of them. Personally for travel i always pick the FUji. Its the lightest camera of the lot yet feels more chunky.

The a6000 is super fast AF yet feels a little imbalanced with the lens.

The Olympus M5 is probably one of the best mirrorless. A6000 vs the Olympus, its simply what you want.

5 years is too long considering this market changes every 6 months or max 1 year. Mirrorless world is changing and the only weakness of AF being relative slow is getting slowly fixed.

A7000 is on the way so you can wait a little longer if possible to pick a nice used a6000 for a cheaper rate.

Olympus M5 is not available across any retail stores in hyderabad , Flipkart is selling at 66k and croma online at 50k for 12-50 kit lens . Almost all stores i enquired are quoting that Olympus is withdrawing from Indian market , i do not know how true it is !!while M5 markII is listed in their indian site .

In the m4/3 world, we call them EM5 and EM5m2, we don't want to be mistaken for BMW M5 owners. :)

I am surprised that EM5 is still selling at 66K at Flipkart, the Croma price looks right. I own both EM5 and EM5m2. The Olympus retail pricing in India is totally out of whack in the last couple years. It is lot cheaper to source it from outside the country. I have decided not to buy any Olympus stuff in India until they make is same as international prices, like it used to be until 2012. I bought the EM5 in India because it was same as US price. Then things went crazy in 2014...

The 12-40mm lens retails at 95K in India, I got it from Japan for 58K (free shipping to US). The EM5m2 body retails at 75K in India, I got it in Japan for 57K in Feb.

Hello guys. I stumbled upon this thread while looking for answers to sort out my 'lens' problems.

I own a Samsung NX 1000 which came with the basic 20-50 lens. A couple of weeks ago, the camera suffered a fall while the lens was still mounted. Needless to say that the lens got damaged. Searched around for an authorized service centre but came to know that it's only at Hyderabad in all of Andhra. Took it to a local repair shop but the guy gave up after a couple of days.

My query is this. From where can I procure an NX lens? I did go over majority of the online shopping sites but failed to find a Samsung lens on offer. It did figure in Amazon, but that was not in India.

In the absence of a NX lens, is there a substitute? Again in my inquiries, I had no joy in finding any lenses adaptable to the NX mount. Please let me know if there are any options available to me other than replacing the entire camera.

Thanks.

Does anyone know whether Olympus External Grip HLD-8G is available in India?

@Samurai,

Did you check with Anish

https://www.facebook.com/anish.george.944?fref=ts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter3077 (Post 3736828)
I own a Samsung NX 1000 which came with the basic 20-50 lens. A couple of weeks ago, the camera suffered a fall while the lens was still mounted. Needless to say that the lens got damaged. Searched around for an authorized service centre but came to know that it's only at Hyderabad in all of Andhra. Took it to a local repair shop but the guy gave up after a couple of days.

My query is this. From where can I procure an NX lens? I did go over majority of the online shopping sites but failed to find a Samsung lens on offer. It did figure in Amazon, but that was not in India.

I also have Nx1000, and the conclusion that I could draw is that Samsung doesn't really support their cameras in India, the way others do.
You need to look abroad and source it from global markets ...

Which is a pity, they could've really done great in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3760146)
@Samurai,

Did you check with Anish

https://www.facebook.com/anish.george.944?fref=ts

I checked today and he didn't have it. This is the trouble with staying outside of Nikon/Canon family. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3760439)
I checked today and he didn't have it. This is the trouble with staying outside of Nikon/Canon family. :)

Agreed. Terrible lead times for anything that's not Nikon or Canon.

I got the HLD7 grip for my EM1 & it took a well over 2 months to obtain. But one is patient you will get it eventually. :)

Best to try in the US or EU where it may even be a little cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 3760458)
Agreed. Terrible lead times for anything that's not Nikon or Canon.

I got the HLD7 grip for my EM1 & it took a well over 2 months to obtain. But one is patient you will get it eventually. :)

Best to try in the US or EU where it may even be a little cheaper.

Agree, I have given up getting stuff for my Olympus OMD-E5 here in India all together. I'm fortunate as I travel on a regular basis to Europe/USA and have family in both that can help out.

Ordered a whole bunch of small stuff from the Olympus NL website, have it send to one of my kids adress. Picked it up the other week during a quick visit. Cumbersome though!

Jeroen

Anyone already using the Sony A7II? I'm planning to upgrade to this FF model from my Sony NEX-6.

With my NEX-6, I have been able to get a decent 2 to 3 days of battery life, shooting about 200 pictures and a couple of videos. How is it with the A7II in terms of the battery life?

I'm also planning to pair it up with the Zeiss Loxia 35mm / f2 manual lens. Anyone already using it? Even though this would be the only lens that I will use for a while, I would like to know how the AF is under low light conditions? I might buy a good AF zoom lens in the future if one should be available.

Quote:

Anyone already using the Sony A7II? I'm planning to upgrade to this FF model from my Sony NEX-6.

With my NEX-6, I have been able to get a decent 2 to 3 days of battery life, shooting about 200 pictures and a couple of videos. How is it with the A7II in terms of the battery life?

I'm also planning to pair it up with the Zeiss Loxia 35mm / f2 manual lens. Anyone already using it? Even though this would be the only lens that I will use for a while, I would like to know how the AF is under low light conditions? I might buy a good AF zoom lens in the future if one should be available.
A7II is a brilliant camera. YOu also need to know its limitation. Unlike a olympus or Fuji Sony sucks when it comes to Jpeg and its better to shoot in Raw. Battery life is not a big problem when you have usb charging. YOu can even charge it in your car, railway station or any outlet point. Alternatively i would always advice getting 1 additional battery. For normal usage like trips and everything one charge usually holds good. But for professional shoots, must have back up battery for sure.

I would advice going for the 35mm F1.4 if you can. The only way i can describe this lens having used Leica lenses for sometime now is that this is a AF enabled SUmmilux. The images from this lens is out of the world and to me the best SOny lens of all sony lenses. Some may say the 55 mm but this 35 mm is THE best ever made by Sony.

I have the 35mm F1.4 and have tried the Loxia. Loxia is not bad but you are talking about lack of AF and F2 manual lens. The 35mm F1.4 is AF, big but not heavy yet will give you pictures that will melt into the scene.

I am not sure if you have tried the 75mm Lux but the images are as good as the 75mm lux and when you review the 75mm lux you will know i am talking about a character that is so exclusive to that lens.

AF on these cameras are pretty fast with their own mount E lenses. Dont expect a canon 1dx + 300mm or 85mm F1.8 lens speed. But its pretty good. I hardly need AF for the last two years so its never a deal breaker but the ability to use any manual lenses is a wonderful thing.

If budget is not a option my advice is go for the A7II + 35 F1.4

Alternatively please dont over look Olympus E5II. The best AF in the world, has world class lenses including the 75mm and the wide angle genious and the Focus so fast you will be surprised you are using a olympus.

With my NEX-6 I have been shooting only Manual mode with some Minolta lenses, so with the A7II, I would mostly shoot manual mode.

The reason why I'm inclined to the Loxia is its fully manual mode plus the ability to get EXIF data to the camera. I personally do not like bigger lenses on smaller bodies.

The Zeiss 34 1.4 looks disproportional to the camera body from my point of view. So I will probably not go for it. I was in fact considering to get a Voigtländer 35mm MC 1.4, but since it is not a native mount, I do not want to end up loosing the EXIF data. Hence I might settle in for the Loxia. I'm not going to rush as I would just watch it until this Christmas and see if the prices come down!

@ VW2010: Thanks for your suggestion. I take it that you own an A7II or?

Quote:

The reason why I'm inclined to the Loxia is its fully manual mode plus the ability to get EXIF data to the camera. I personally do not like bigger lenses on smaller bodies.

The Zeiss 34 1.4 looks disproportional to the camera body from my point of view. So I will probably not go for it. I was in fact considering to get a Voigtländer 35mm MC 1.4, but since it is not a native mount, I do not want to end up loosing the EXIF data. Hence I might settle in for the Loxia. I'm not going to rush as I would just watch it until this Christmas and see if the prices come down!

@ VW2010: Thanks for your suggestion. I take it that you own an A7II or?
I would recommend the Voigts 35 F1.2. Only problem i have with both is onion ring bokeh. The background will look awesome but once you start examining you will realize its onion rings and you dont like them.

I have used the 35mm Summilux and then when i tried the sony 35mm with AF, the choice was between size and AF and i picked AF. The sony 35 is just as good and better than even the legendary summilux 35mm per me.

My other recommendation for 35mm would be to see if you want to try the 28instead. Its small, stunning quality and exceptional value for money, wider yet has amazing bokeh wide open and is bitingly sharp wide open as well..

If you are after 35 your choices are Batis and other third parties. Voigt 35 F1.2 has a taste. If you like you should go for it.

But if you are after size and quality, try the 35mm Summicron (Bokeh King) version. Its costly for sure but the size is slightly bigger than iodex bottle(but not as heavy as iodex bottle) and yet the quality is SECOND to nothing.

There are like multiple versions of this lens and you wont go wrong with either of them.

If cost is an issue then you look at so many options with adapter

Canon FD 35mm, Nikon FD 35mm, Takumar 35mms(Superb lenses), heck i have even used Fujian 35mm which is like 20% of that iodex bottle,

and some comparison based on budget

http://3dkraft.de/index.php?option=c...id=40&Itemid=2

(the Canon 16-35 works like amazing charm on this camera as well)

I had A7, A7r, A7II and now sold everything and waiting for A7RII prices to come down. Now shooting with a Fuji X-E2 and a 75mm LUX with an adapter.

http://svivekimages.weebly.com/album...thday-08012015 (This album is fully on the Fuji and 75mm lux)

I will get the A7RII but dont mind waiting to get the price down to sane value. 3198$ is way too high for now. By Jan it should be around 2800 for sure.