Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-144.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 4599427)
Am I missing something?

"+ $231.46 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to India"

Haha
I will be traveling to USA next month. I can ask my friends or colleagues to buy it for me. So, I can save the shipping :D

Thought I'd caught you out there! rl:

I don't know about USA: I think maybe they have good prices. But I though I might buy some stuff in UK last year only to find that prices are higher than India!.

Do consider that, buying abroad, there might be warranty problems. Sony is particularly bad at manipulating its markets in this way: I don't know about other manufacturers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4596880)
I heard that, when a woman gives birth, the memory of the horror of it is wiped out by a specific hormone, without which most people would never risk a second time.

Interesting to know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4596880)
Check the firmware version: the latest improves the behaviour of the manual focus.

Thanks, I did - it's still on V1 (and i don't really care about MF) so in no hurry to upgrade.

Haven't used it too much - but no complaints with the AF so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPearl (Post 4597459)
There are some good deals on Sony a7 with 28-70 kit lens. You get a full frame camera that has the same size and weight of APS-C mirrorless cameras.

I have to disagree with this. The A7 is noticeably heavier and slightly bigger.

Was recently travelling with a Sony APSC and the A7RII w/ 28-70 and the latter was heavier to the point of being tiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4598433)
...Oly is a good camera but you need to work for results.

The Sonys are just too damn smart!

Really looking forward to this making its way to the next Sony i buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QJmX6FCG28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4599011)
The description says it is manual focus and as such needs some tweaking in the settings! I have Nex-5N and would like to know whether the same is compatible!

If it works for the 5T, pretty sure it'll work for the 5N.

The "settings tweak" is probably just something simple like allowing shutter release when "lens is removed" (since it wont be detected as a lens, as it probably has no contacts).

Before I go ahead and purchase my first mirrorless camera (it's between Canon M5/M50 and Fuji XT20/XT100), I forgot to ask one of the most important question - HDR.

One of the reasons I started using my smartphone more compared to my Canon DSLR was portability and other was HDR. My Canon 600D does not have in-camera HDR. A lot of my shots are scenarios where I have people in backlit conditions - the foreground but the background is bright (sunlight/indoor light). In such scenarios, the Canon produced totally unusable images while smartphones like Pixel/S10 used computational photography magic (HDR) to produce nice looking shots with good exposure. I think this was the trigger point when I started carrying the DSLR less as it is extremely frustrating to carry heavyand dedicated camera gear only to find out your tiny smaryphone in your pocket can click better phots. I know we can use exposure bracketing and then post-process to create better images but that's not me. In last 5 years, I would have done something like this for 10 images. SO, the question is - Do the current generation cameras like Canon M50 or Fuji XT20 have in-built HDR? If yes, how are those images compared to an iphone and Pixel (without post-processing)?

I frankly will wait until the infrastructure (ie lenses) are redone for the mirrorless world. Else we are getting the same old lenses. Remember when there is a mirror involved then the lens has to avoid any stuff in the mirror space. As a result it tends to become longer and heavier and more complex. The lenses will now be more like what is done in the rangefinder world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4601053)
I frankly will wait until the infrastructure (ie lenses) are redone for the mirrorless world. Else we are getting the same old lenses. Remember when there is a mirror involved then the lens has to avoid any stuff in the mirror space. As a result it tends to become longer and heavier and more complex. The lenses will now be more like what is done in the rangefinder world.

You mean like how Sony, Panasonic and Olympus have been doing over the last 10 years?

Which old lenses are you talking about?

I have had the sony NEX-5N since 2012 using a small 16-50mm pancake lens. There are quite a few now.

Mirrorless is not new anymore. Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Olympus and now even Canon have proper options for Mirrorless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4601189)
I have had the sony NEX-5N since 2012 using a small 16-50mm pancake lens. There are quite a few now.

Even, I have a Nex-5N bought in 2013.

Is NOT the lens 18-55?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4601192)
Even, I have a Nex-5N bought in 2013.

Is NOT the lens 18-55?

I got it from USA with the 16-50mm pancake lens. Small one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4601193)
I got it from USA with the 16-50mm pancake lens. Small one.

Even I bought from USA. But, mine came with 18-55mm Lens!

Have you bought any prime lens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4601195)
Even I bought from USA. But, mine came with 18-55mm Lens!

Have you bought any prime lens?

Oops my bad. I just checked. Mine was 5R bought in 2012.

I sold mine last year to a fellow mod here and got an Olympus O-MD E-M10.

I was going to buy this lens before selling it: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-50mm-F1-...s%2C389&sr=8-3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4601198)
Oops my bad. I just checked. Mine was 5R bought in 2012.

Yes! 5R came with 16-50mm lens!

I am still hanging onto my Nex-5N. Any reason for the sell?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4601200)

I am still hanging onto my Nex-5N. Any reason for the sell?

YEah keeda (itch / bug). lol:

I wanted a better lens than the 16-50mm and only option was the Zeiss 1670mm which was $900. And since my body was 6 years old it meant investing in Sony eco system for a long time and the newer bodies like 6500 were a lot more.

The Olympus O-MD was with 5 axis stabilization and $500 for 14-42mm pancake lens.

After a few months I got the Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens and its pretty insane.

Though I feel for someone not looking at minimal effort with brilliant result stay with Sony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4601200)

Not sure if Nex supports E Mounts. But if it does, check out the Sony 35 mm 1.8 prime. Really good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4601189)
Which old lenses are you talking about?
Mirrorless is not new anymore. Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Olympus and now even Canon have proper options for Mirrorless.

Proper options does not necessarily mean lenses recomputed for mirrorless operation! In the beginning there will be some optics computed/designed for mirrorless but the majority will be old lenses.

Of the lot you have listed I only consider Fuji, Olympus and Canon as camera companies. Others have strayed into this domain. When I
bought my (Nikon C) SLR two years ago, I found no lenses for mirrorless camera designs.