Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 20th August 2019, 12:02   #2206
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Not quite sure what causes this, I assume it is the stabilization system that needs some time.
IIRC, it is the sensor cleaning system. Every time you turn on, the sensor shakes like a wet dog to clean itself.

I have my E-M5 mkII since Jan 2015, no thoughts of upgrading. Suits my need perfectly.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 14:53   #2207
BHPian

I have recently moved from a Sony A6000 to Fuji X-T30.
While the image quality is excellent (with their fantastic 18-55mm), there is a bit of an adjustment to make wrt. the handling.

I'm planning to sell my A6000 (with 16-50mm) now, which is in excellent condition. PM me if someone's interested.
arup10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 16:17   #2208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
IIRC, it is the sensor cleaning system. Every time you turn on, the sensor shakes like a wet dog to clean itself.

I can understand the sensor cleaning system coming on line when you actually power up the system. But I am talking about the situation where you have the master switch on, and the display and EVF goes blank after a while (you can set this in the menu). Once you hit a button everything powers up.

But without the master switch having being switched on/off or a lens being swapped I don’t see why the sensor cleaning system should kick in every time the camera’s wake’s up.

You could well be correct, but I fail to see the logic in that. I have a very good manual on the Mkii, from Friedman, but it doesn’t seem to mention anything along these lines, either way. I will try my luck at some FaceBook groups, see what can be done.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 16:21   #2209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup10 View Post
I'm planning to sell my A6000 (with 16-50mm) now, which is in excellent condition. PM me if someone's interested.
Me too (but body only). Just need to get around to it, which isn't happening. And I guess the price is dropping daily
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 17:20   #2210
Distinguished - BHPian

New Sony a6nnn cameras (to be officially announced within hours)

Leaked images and specs of the new Sony A6100 and A6600 and 16-5mm f/2.8 and 70-350mm lenses!

It seems like a refreshed range of a6nnn cameras for new buyers, but for me at least, my GAS is safe from irresistible upgrades.
Old 4th September 2019, 12:28   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is the Sony A7 worth buying anymore since it is 6 years old? I am getting a A7 with the 28-70 kit lens for a little less than 50K from an overseas online retailer. I understand that tech gets obsolete in a couple of years time, and 6 years means too much to ignore. Unfortunately I have not kept up with the recent advancements in photography.
And there he is:
Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-img_20190904_121657.jpg

My first mirrorless
First full frame
First Sony

Cost me 48K.

Damn heavy with the kit lens.

Bye Nikon. I will have to sell my Nikon D50 and lenses to make money for a 50mm prime.

I used to think that flashes did not have compatibility issues. My Nikon flash does not fire with the Sony.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2019, 14:07   #2212
Distinguished - BHPian

Flashes seem to come with N/S/C/etc in the model number. Once upon a time all the camera did was fire the flash: now it must talk with it!