re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras

One more new technology

https://www.lytro.com/living-pictures/282
Old 23rd October 2011, 16:59   #287
BHPian

Just got to read upon the review for the Sony NEX 7 at this website:

The Sony NEX-7 Digital Camera Review by Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Feels like I need one as well. I guess this is the first camera with the tri navi for easy control when shooting using the EVF. Man.. man...man need to save money to buy this at least for next year.
Old 24th October 2011, 22:09   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Just got to read upon the review for the Sony NEX 7 at this website:

The Sony NEX-7 Digital Camera Review by Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Feels like I need one as well. I guess this is the first camera with the tri navi for easy control when shooting using the EVF. Man.. man...man need to save money to buy this at least for next year.
That's one camera I am really looking forward to (as in more user reviews). That might just be the one I will eventually move to. I think Sony has gotten it right this time. Though a little on the higher side, I'm ready to shell that out for an APS-C sensor.
Old 24th October 2011, 22:51   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
You stretched my suggestion. I was only referring to cropping for standard zoom.
Stretching is relative, I wouldn't do it even with standard zoom. In OTRs, you have to mostly shoot in congested places, wide angle of 24mm is a must. But if you go wider, composition has to be done very carefully, no time for that. By trial and error I found 24-120mm to be the best lens for it.

Quote:
To get a better feel on this, I went to the Best Buy store today. I ran into the problem you mentioned above. But then checked again after turning auto review off. It was pretty fast. The only lag being the time it takes to auto focus which is not such an issue. The continuous shooting mode was pretty good as well.
I usually need auto-preview, I rarely go click click click. So I can't keep it off. Wish auto-preview would switch off when the button is kept pressed.

Quote:
I loved the camera. But one more quick question. The display units don't have the memory card. I am not sure if with memory card the speed will slow down so that it can write.
With class 6 or above cards, memory write should not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I am only point and shoot guy as of now , and since my last camera has expired i am looking at Sony EX 3 @ 17,000 Rs.

Mostly i want mega zoom and good quality lens for ever day use and would sometime use them for wild life Photography. I have been told to take a look at Cannon DSLR D1100 to be future proof.
Unless camera size/weight is a big issue for you, stick to dSLRs in near future.
Old 24th October 2011, 23:03   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
That's one camera I am really looking forward to (as in more user reviews). That might just be the one I will eventually move to. I think Sony has gotten it right this time. Though a little on the higher side, I'm ready to shell that out for an APS-C sensor.
I made a mistake by buying the HX9V a week ago. Actually not a mistake but I like the NEX 7 much more. I should have waited for a while. Wifey would go crazy if I tell her that I would buy another camera a month later and this time an expensive one.

But all in all I feel that this is just the start and I'm sure that many other manufacturers would just copy the tri navi / bi navi design.The most valuable feature on the NEX 7 is that tri navi. The thumb sits comfortably in between the two navis on the top and the mind works out what to select when the eye looks through the EVF for a good shot. Awesome.

If you buy one anytime soon, do let us all know.
Old 11th November 2011, 10:41   #291
Team-BHP Support

I put my E-PL1 on sale. http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/11952/
Old 13th November 2011, 13:13   #292
BHPian

Any updates on the availability of the NEX 7? I still see that it is available for pre order at Amazon. But not able to find any reliable dates for shipping.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:43   #293
BHPian

The floods in Thailand have caused a lot of issues for the nex system. It will probably be a while before it is available.
Old 15th November 2011, 03:16   #294
BHPian

In other news Scott Bourne is selling his Leica M9 and other lenses because he likes his E-P3 and 45mm f1.8 for portraits. The reason (as stated by him) that I liked the most was:

"The smaller camera/lens is less intimidating to my clients. They are universally more relaxed around the smaller cameras than the monster DSLRs. (Some photographers might say they need a “professional-looking” camera to convince the clients that they know what they are doing. Sorry, but if you’re relying on LOOKING cool rather than being able to do the job, you’re in the wrong spot.)"

My New Favorite Portrait Camera « Photofocus
Old 1st December 2011, 10:49   #295
Senior - BHPian

@HW,

One of my friends bought a NEX3 yesterday. He wants to know about recommended adapters for A-Mount, other than Sony's original, any pointers?
Old 7th December 2011, 20:50   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@HW,

One of my friends bought a NEX3 yesterday. He wants to know about recommended adapters for A-Mount, other than Sony's original, any pointers?
Sorry, I missed this comment earlier. I am not sure about other adapters for A-mount as I have not done research regarding them. I am sure there are plenty of 3rd party adapters available, but just not sure if they'll autofocus.

A quick search yielded me this,
Sony Alpha Minolta AF A-type Lens to Sony Alpha NEX E-mount Camera Adapter DC111 | eBay
Old 6th January 2012, 14:41   #297
BHPian

Fuji X-Pro1 to be released soon. An EVIL camera with an APS-C sensor and three lenses. I am already in love with the design of X100 and this one looks good too. They're releasing three lenses with it: 18 f/2, 35 f1.4, 60mm f2.4. We've already seen how good Fujinon lenses can be and that lens on X100 is ridiculous.

The following points make a very strong case for Fuji:

- Responsephoto says the sensors name is X-Trans! R. writes that Fuji took some ideas from the classica film technology to create the new sensor which will beat the image quality of all current fulflrame sensors! The photosites will be of 6 different colors and disposed randomly, therefore moire will be avoided.

- There is no Anti Aliasing filter on the sensor.

Before you full frame sensor guys jump on me, I am just quoting what's written here:
Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | (UPDATED) HOT!!! First full size image of the Fuji X PRO 1 !!!

One thing is for sure, this market is heating up with some awesome cameras.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:29   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I removed my listing as I realised that Olympus India is competing with me. Yes, after spending almost 29K for the camera & accessories less than a year back, I was selling it for mere 18K.

But I am astounded to find Olympus selling new E-PL1 for the same price. I shouldn't have been surprised. Olympus does have the habit of dropping the price every year like crazy. Until now I never tried to sell it within a year, so I hadn't felt the pinch. I feel cheated by Olympus now. On the other hand, Canon and Nikon don't drop prices, so they have much better resale value.

I ain't buying Olympus no more.
Old 18th January 2012, 18:04   #299
Senior - BHPian

Does that have anything to do with its current woes?
Old 18th January 2012, 18:43   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Does that have anything to do with its current woes?
You mean Olympus financials woes? Naahh! My reasons are mentioned here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post2545056

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks