Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2650796)
You mean Olympus financials woes? Naahh! My reasons are mentioned here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post2545056

i meant, regarding olympus discounting it.... esp with our currency having fallen off a cliff recently!! not your reason for sale - that i had read :)

Samurai San,
It could be a blessing in disguise? :) Why not give it to someone who wants to learn how to use a camera? And oh by the way, Panasonic has announced fast zooms for micro four thirds, so you might want to look out for those. They have announced 12-35 f2.8 and 35-100 f2.8. I was hoping for f2, but I can live with these as well.

Olympus already has E-PL3 available. They have what, 6 models now? I guess that's the reason they're trying to push E-PL1 out by reducing prices. I am trying to sell my GF-1 with LVF-1, and the GX1 has kind of impacted this. Let's see how that one goes.

And I think Sony should have done better and given the people nex-7 last year. A lot of people (couple of reviewers as well) are now thinking of getting an X-Pro1 instead of Nex-7. A big hit for sony if this happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2650948)
Samurai San,
It could be a blessing in disguise? :) Why not give it to someone who wants to learn how to use a camera?

Right now I will continue to use it as my travel camera.

Quote:

And oh by the way, Panasonic has announced fast zooms for micro four thirds, so you might want to look out for those. They have announced 12-35 f2.8 and 35-100 f2.8.

Hmm, finally something I was long waiting for. Lenses people said can't be made. The 12-35mm looks small enough. Will it be fixed aperture, hope so. But Panasonic prices them pretty high usually.

Quote:

Olympus already has E-PL3 available. They have what, 6 models now? I guess that's the reason they're trying to push E-PL1 out by reducing prices.

They always drop the price drastically every year. If you want to resell, you are screwed. This time I will wait longer before upgrading body.

Quote:

And I think Sony should have done better and given the people nex-7 last year. A lot of people (couple of reviewers as well) are now thinking of getting an X-Pro1 instead of Nex-7. A big hit for sony if this happens.

The technology change in body is happening so rapidly, I am really wary of dumping big bucks into another body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2650978)

Hmm, finally something I was long waiting for. Lenses people said can't be made. The 12-35mm looks small enough. Will it be fixed aperture, hope so. But Panasonic prices them pretty high usually.

True. I have been eyeing the 7-14mm forever and the price on that one doesn't seem to fall at all. There's only one lens the sigma 8-16mm that probably can give that kind of FOV on APS-C lenses.

Yes, both lenses are fixed apertures. They were showcased at CES. The size will definitely be small as the image circle is smaller and made for micro four thirds sensor. Many may be ready to pay the price if the IQ is good.

Quote:

They always drop the price drastically every year. If you want to resell, you are screwed. This time I will wait longer before upgrading body.

I agree. Somehow the GF-1 hasn't depreciated much. In fact, it usually sells for more than what a GF-2 goes for, because of the manual controls.

Quote:

The technology change in body is happening so rapidly, I am really wary of dumping big bucks into another body.

True. The thing that I have been waiting for the most is the price fall in X100. It finally seems to be happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2651021)
The thing that I have been waiting for the most is the price fall in X100. It finally seems to be happening.

When? Where?
Flipkart is still showing it at an eye watering 60K!!!!

I am guessing its FujiFilm X100 you are talking of.

BTW guys FujiFilm is seriously upsetting the apple-cart of established guys these days.Much awaited X10 is on the way.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilmx10/

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2651028)
When? Where?
Flipkart is still showing it at an eye watering 60K!!!!

I am guessing its FujiFilm X100 you are talking of.

BTW guys FujiFilm is seriously upsetting the apple-cart of established guys these days.Much awaited X10 is on the way.
Fujifilm X10 Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Sorry about that, I need to change my city :(. Amazon has dropped the prices, it was about $1050 couple of days back. This will push the used ones down to $700-$800.

I somehow didn't like the X10 as much as X100 or X-Pro1. But, that's just me.

Quote:

You are totally wrong.
In case of Canon when the XXX-D cam comes out, eg 500D, it costs 45000. When the next version comes after 1 year, the 550D becomes 30-35K and the 550D becomes 45K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2653234)
You are totally wrong.

I am sorry, totally wrong about what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2653234)
In case of Canon when the XXX-D cam comes out, eg 500D, it costs 45000. When the next version comes after 1 year, the 550D becomes 30-35K and the 550D becomes 45K.

So you are saying even Canon has starting doing it. So how am I wrong? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2653245)
I am sorry, totally wrong about what?

So you are saying even Canon has starting doing it. So how am I wrong? :confused:

In your comment you mentioned, you won't buy Olympus because the prices drop quickly. and canon Nikon do not drop prices. I wanted to say that in entry level space, as soon as next version is launched, canon and nikon do drop prices. This fluctuation is more drastic in entry level than at mid or high level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2653262)
In your comment you mentioned, you won't buy Olympus because the prices drop quickly. and canon Nikon do not drop prices. I wanted to say that in entry level space, as soon as next version is launched, canon and nikon do drop prices. This fluctuation is more drastic in entry level than at mid or high level.

In that case I am not wrong. Olympus drops prices faster and deeper than others. I bought the E-3 within a month of its release in US. Six months later I found the price discounted from $1799 to $1299, that was a horrible feeling. Before the year was over they brought E-30 (lesser series) at $1299 and kicked E-3 further down to $1199. And E-3 was the top most offering from Olympus, not entry level. Canon/Nikon never discounted within 6 months. Meanwhile Olympus release EPL1s, EPL2, EPM1 & EPL3 within two years of EPL1.

Good to see more companies interested in micro four thirds system. Kenko Tokina, Tamron and Astrodesigns are joining this group.
OLYMPUS | News Release: ASTRODESIGN, Kenko Tokina and Tamron join the Micro Four Thirds System Standard Group

Hopefully this will bring in more lenses and healthy competition. Sigma has already released two lenses, waiting for more from them.

Real life Fuji X-Pro1 images are out and man oh man, the high ISO photographs are delicious!
3 days & 2 nights with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 Photo Gallery by hugo poon at pbase.com

Come on Sony, where's the nex-7 that you had promised?

I managed to sell my GF1 with view finder for the same price as I had got them for. Now, I am looking at UWA options. Samurai san, how do yo like your 9-18mm? I really want that Panasonic 7-14mm, but there's no option of adding filters to it :(.

Digital Rev does a review of the Sony Nex-7:
DigitalRevCom's Channel - YouTube

As always Kai cracks me up :D. But, that Zeiss lens looks huge on the sony body and kinda makes it pointless to go mirrorless.

I love my Sony Nex5. Great great camera in a small size. Have managed to get two Olympus Zuiko prime lens's for cheap and am using them with an adapter. Learning curve is not as steep as I thought, but still tough.

Enjoying every bit of it. With the latest firmware, the focus peaking feature really helps to use manual lens's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 2659885)
Now, I am looking at UWA options. Samurai san, how do yo like your 9-18mm? I really want that Panasonic 7-14mm, but there's no option of adding filters to it :(.

The 9-18mm is the only reason I am sticking with m4/3 for now. Whatever body I buy next needs to work with 9-18mm. It is a delicious lens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 2664917)
I love my Sony Nex5. Great great camera in a small size. Have managed to get two Olympus Zuiko prime lens's for cheap and am using them with an adapter. Learning curve is not as steep as I thought, but still tough.

Enjoying every bit of it. With the latest firmware, the focus peaking feature really helps to use manual lens's.

Very nice. Do post photographs in the non-auto image thread. Peaking is something we micro four thirds folks miss, but the 5x MF zoom makes up for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2664948)
The 9-18mm is the only reason I am sticking with m4/3 for now. Whatever body I buy next needs to work with 9-18mm. It is a delicious lens.

Thank you. I am still deciding and researching if there is any way I could use filters with 7-14mm. BTW, get the olympus 45mm f1.8 lens and you'll get another reason to stick to this system. That lens blows my mind everytime I use it.