Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-94.html)

Here it is, the worlds fastest AF camera announced by Sony, the A6000. It is nothing more than a mix of NEX-7 and NEX-6 features.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/live-...lly-announced/

Overall, the camera looks a lot better than the old NEX camera line up. Looks much bigger than its older NEX cousins.

Is anyone waiting for Panasonic GX7 or GM1 to be launched in India, just like me? Just curious.

Last week I put my Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm F/1.8 for sale on Amazon.com for $400. It got sold yesterday. I love how Olympus gear can be sold so fast on Amazon.:)

I bought it for $499 last year. I could have priced it higher, but there was one reputed seller selling new pieces for $470.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3380312)
Last week I put my Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm F/1.8 for sale on Amazon.com for $400. It got sold yesterday. I love how Olympus gear can be sold so fast on Amazon.:)

Samurai, i have followed your ownership of OMD for quite some time and based upon your gear i was actually gonna buy the two lenses that you have.
However it seems that you have sold one of those.
In a way it simplifies things for me as i know which lens to keep. But i will appreciate if you can just point out one must lens for the camera, as the stock lens provided with OMD isn't an all purpose lens.
I am primarily looking for a portrait lens. Thanks!

My logic is described here. I bought 17mm F/1.8 because I needed better normal lens than the kit lens. However, when 12-40mm came along, I had no reason to stick with 17mm. BTW, the 45mm portrait lens is a must have, just get it.

Now I carry around just two lens, 45mm and 12-40mm. It is a great combo to have with OMD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3383525)
My logic is described here. I bought 17mm F/1.8 because I needed better normal lens than the kit lens. However, when 12-40mm came along, I had no reason to stick with 17mm. BTW, the 45mm portrait lens is a must have, just get it.

Now I carry around just two lens, 45mm and 12-40mm. It is a great combo to have with OMD.

Thanks samurai for the prompt response. 12-40 mm is a little expensive for me and i think i'l stick with the kit lens for a while but definitely I'm going for 45mm. Any suggestions where i can get it at a best price / online since flipkart etc don't stock it and my hurriedly done google search hasn't yielded any results.

P.S- Are you still using your kit lens or have disposed it off?

Lens buying in India is done in the traditional way. Go to a traditional camera shop. Any Delhi photographers should be able to tell you who sells lenses in your area.

My kit lens has gone into storage. I won't be using it at all, probably until I am ready to sell the OMD-EM5 some day. It is easier to sell with the kit lens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish.uno (Post 3383551)
Thanks samurai for the prompt response. 12-40 mm is a little expensive for me and i think i'l stick with the kit lens for a while but definitely I'm going for 45mm. Any suggestions where i can get it at a best price / online since flipkart etc don't stock it and my hurriedly done google search hasn't yielded any results.

P.S- Are you still using your kit lens or have disposed it off?

I got mine (45mm) for Rs 18k from camshot (www dot camshot dot in). They are based out of Pune and they will courier it to you. Excellent shop with good reputation.

Olympus gear is very very difficult to source otherwise. I generally ask people coming from US to get me my needs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3383669)
I got mine (45mm) for Rs 18k from camshot (www dot camshot dot in). They are based out of Pune and they will courier it to you. Excellent shop with good reputation.

Olympus gear is very very difficult to source otherwise. I generally ask people coming from US to get me my needs.

Thanks ! placed the order just now.

The Nikon 1 V3 + the kit lens + the 70-300 look like a cute portable option for nature and wildlife, e.g. while hiking. The 70-300 would become 190 - 810mm.
http://nikonrumors.com/2014/03/13/ni...announced.aspx
http://www.nikon-image.com/products/...0mmf45-56.htm/

A $1200 mirrorless camera with CX-format sensor. Will Nikon ever get in touch with reality? You can get OMD EM5 for less than that. You can get so many M4/3 or APS-C mirrorless for lot less than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3390282)
A $1200 mirrorless camera with CX-format sensor. Will Nikon ever get in touch with reality? You can get OMD EM5 for less than that. You can get so many M4/3 or APS-C mirrorless for lot less than that.

I don't think it will sell for that price for too long. As with most Nikon CX cameras will definitely fall down in price. That 20 FPS with some of the best AF tracking along with the 70-300 is a drool worthy camera for budget wildlifers. IMHO even some of those flagship m43 offerings are too expensive.

Quote:

The differentiator is the better AF, FPS and the lens launched along with the camera. If I were in the market for a tiny kit for wildlife (which I am not), and were willing to pay USD 2K , I would consider this seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 3390347)
I don't think it will sell for that price for too long. As with most Nikon CX cameras will definitely fall down in price. That 20 FPS with some of the best AF tracking along with the 70-300 is a drool worthy camera for budget wildlifers. IMHO even some of those flagship m43 offerings are too expensive.

True...same thoughts here.

Though, I feel that that such a market is pretty limited in size. Moreover, I am not sure what is the delta difference in IQ and AF b/w the super zoom P&S cameras and these kind of small sensor mirrorless cameras.

The way I look at it: any advance in IQ for these small sensors should also reach the DX and FX cameras. And perhaps some day (soon) hybrid AF systems will also reach the bigger cameras. So good for us DSLR folks.

Quote:

Samurai San,
  1. The price is for the camera + EVF + Battery grip
  2. It is a new launch
  3. It is a Nikon

So please forgive the pricing. :D

I am still waiting for an F mount mirrorless before I even think of a mirrorless system.

Well, if that is what it takes to convince Nikonians to use mirrorless, so be it.:)

Bringing F mount or any dSLR mounts to mirrorless will be defeating the very purpose, isn't it?