Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 05:56   #61
BHPian

Re: Notion Ink Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The shipping date for my Adam has drawn closer. But there is a lot of controversy. People who have ordered in December have STILL not gotten their Pqi 3G adams. I shudder to think what will happen if I am made to wait 3 months :-(
Ha!! I ordered on Dec 09 2010 and still have not received my Adam - Last update from GATI was that the damn thing is still awaiting customs clearance. My patience has been stretched to the limits

Notion Ink service and communication has been pathetic - not something I expected given the initial openness that they exhibited before pre-orders started
Old 5th March 2011, 22:34   #62
BHPian

I Just got the tracking number for my Adam from GATI with the mail stating an "assured delivery" on March 7th. Eagerly waiting for my Adam
Old 10th April 2011, 15:02   #63
BHPian

^^ did you get it - whats the feedback. I got the email invite for next batch - but am dabbling between this and galaxy tab 2!
Old 10th April 2011, 22:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ did you get it - whats the feedback. I got the email invite for next batch - but am dabbling between this and galaxy tab 2!
I did get the Adam. Overall, I like it so far but if you are expecting the "polish" of say an iPad, you will be disappointed. I'm not saying that the build quality is bad or anything like that - it has more to do with the software. Eden (software) is just not ready for prime time. It will take some more time for the software to stabilize.

If you want a hassle free experience, go for Galaxt Tab 2. If you are inclined to fiddle around with different Android ROM's and experiment with the software, go for ADAM
Old 10th April 2011, 23:22   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
If you want a hassle free experience, go for Galaxt Tab 2. If you are inclined to fiddle around with different Android ROM's and experiment with the software, go for ADAM
And that could be its USP. Need to get my greasy hands on one soon then..
Old 24th April 2011, 07:10   #66
BANNED

Re: Notion Ink Adam...Available

As per Team Bhp rules, i was told -New unopened gadgets cant be posted in classifieds. so i have posted it in ebay where the seller credibility can be verified and payment can me made thro card or online banking with ebay assurance. I am making a fair price for team bhpins adam lovers & for those who are waiting endlessly or for long.
Iam not even posting the link here ,so those interested can search for " Notion ink Adam LCD-3G" you will get the result with my name .iam sharing only under good intention mainly for those who waits for Adam with enthusiasm.The reason for sale is also mentioned in ebay.

Note : Still if mods consider this as any sort of unintended infraction you can remove this as i can still sell Adam thro ebay. I repeat iam only sharing the ebay info with genuine reason.
shapath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 20:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I did get the Adam.
Congrats on recieving your adam!!
Did you get a converter plug or did you recieve only the us spec plug?!
Old 24th April 2011, 20:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

I got my Adam on the 11th of April after ordering on 2nd February. Not bad at all. VERY VERY VERY happy with it. It's the Pixel Qi 3G version.
Didn't get the converter plug but hey it costs Rs. 10 to get one!
Old 24th April 2011, 20:22   #69
BHPian

Congrats Frank!!
Have you tried out 3g or 2g network? And are you using any rom?
aman9393 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 20:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey aman. I have the Beast ROM running on it with Gscript NTFS hard drive support. Reads my 3 TB external hard drive without qualms.
I have an Airtel 299 rupee special EDGE sim card which has absolutely unlimited internet on it. Speeds are quite bearable and overall, the Adam becomes a very integral part of things since it's so portable yet does everything a computer does.
Now to get a 64 gb SDHC card and to load music on it. THAT one thing will decimate my laptops and PCs at home. :-P
Old 25th April 2011, 09:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Congrats on recieving your adam!!
Did you get a converter plug or did you recieve only the us spec plug?!
Hey Thanks. I got the US spec plug with a converter thrown in as a "free Gift"

@frankmehta - How is the Beast ROM? I have not rooted my Adam and am waiting for another say 2 months for a stable build of Eden from Notionink. If I still do not get it by that time, will root and install Beast or may be EdenX

Last edited by chennai-indian : 25th April 2011 at 09:34.
Old 25th April 2011, 09:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Thanks. I got the US spec plug with a converter thrown in as a "free Gift"

@frankmehta - How is the Beast ROM? I have not rooted my Adam and am waiting for another say 2 months for a stable build of Eden from Notionink. If I still do not get it by that time, will root and install Beast or may be EdenX
The Beast rom is getting some really good feedback. I will be probably rooting my adam with beast once I get it.
From where are you getting apps for now?

@chennai-indian and frankmehta
I have bought Adam from shapath! So I will be needing a carry care or a sleeve.
What are you currently using for protecting your adam?
Old 26th April 2011, 17:44   #73
BHPian

After reading the posts yesterday I decided to get the BEAST and am so happy I decided to install the BEAST , awesome response , super fast ADAM , i love the live wallpapers on ADAM . Simply superb .
Old 26th April 2011, 18:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Beast rom is quite possibly the best rom I have used on the adam. And no, I didnt get the converter but my house is newly done up. Which means the plugs support different kinds of pins
Old 28th April 2011, 19:02   #75
BHPian

Engadget feedback is not so great for Adam, specifically many issues with software.
Notion Ink Adam review -- Engadget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks