Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 21:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: India dumpyard for Apple !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
YET AGAIN ! Apple dumps. While the whole world gets a discount of $100. India gets a discount of around $75.

Source : TOI

Why wouldn't Apple pass on benefit to the customers. Well, no reasons of excise, CBU etc etc, blaming govt. can get in here.
actually it's opposite of dumping. They know Indian market is a cash cow for them. there are no alternatives.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
there are no alternatives.
Not sure about that. There are alternatives available here for phones as well as tablets.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:42   #63
BHPian

Can the thread starter post a poll regarding usage of apps. by iphone users. Of the say 25 iphone users I have known, around 6/7 may have downloaded apps, the rest never cared.

In case the whole app. business is found to be much less uselfull than it is touted to be, Iphone is fairly standard as a phone experience (now at least, as compared to say when it was first launched).

What gets me is that why are people praising the softwares so much when Apple can't get itunes to function properly, after what 10 years of bundling it with ipods. A library which doesn't auto-update?!
Old 8th March 2011, 21:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Not sure about that. There are alternatives available here for phones as well as tablets.
I meant secondary market for ipad. It's all a matter of demand and supply.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post

In case the whole app. business is found to be much less uselfull than it is touted to be, Iphone is fairly standard as a phone experience (now at least, as compared to say when it was first launched).
You might want to check your facts. Apple generated a revenue of 1.78 billion from app store last year. If "app business is found to be much less useful" apple wouldn't be minting that much money.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
You might want to check your facts. Apple generated a revenue of 1.78 billion from app store last year. If "app business is found to be much less useful" apple wouldn't be minting that much money.
In Indian context only. We are a different ballgame.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Indian context only. We are a different ballgame.
I believe all those who aren't using apps on their iPhone have paid a lot more than what they needed to. They could have bought a phone < 10K instead of spending more than 30K and then using iphone as a "phone"

I have an android (2.2) phone (and not iphone) and but I do have ipod touch and I love the way iTunes is so integrated with the apple gadgets. Not sure what are we complaining about here?
Old 9th March 2011, 08:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
A library which doesn't auto-update?!
I have been using iPhone for 5 months now in India and I'm just curious to know which part doesn't auto-update. so that i can be well prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I believe all those who aren't using apps on their iPhone have paid a lot more than what they needed to. They could have bought a phone < 10K instead of spending more than 30K and then using iphone as a "phone"
+1. If you are not going to use apps in iPhone then it is not worth in buying an iPhone. The only other reason that i can think of is "Style statement".
Old 9th March 2011, 08:59   #69
Team-BHP Support

Recently, when I was syncing the iPhone, the iTunes removed Facebook app from my phone. I have not idea why it did that.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
+1. If you are not going to use apps in iPhone then it is not worth in buying an iPhone. The only other reason that i can think of is "Style statement".
Are there any such users at all? Even the least savvy iphone users I have seen, have at least four or five apps installed and use regularly.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

^^^ As stated before, I am an Apple freak. I have like 25 apps on my iPod Touch. I too agree that if you don't use iTunes store, then your iPod or iPhone is quite useless. iTunes store is one of the most happening thing.

One of my friends' bought iPod Touch 4g and he did not even know what is AppStore and how to use it. So like mail4loys, mentioned, the iPod Touch for my friend is a mere style statement. Thats not what its meant for.
Old 9th March 2011, 12:12   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Are there any such users at all? Even the least savvy iphone users I have seen, have at least four or five apps installed and use regularly.
I didn't bother installing any app in my iPhone for the first 7-8 months. I deal with technology whole day, didn't want to deal with in my phone too. I have installed only 3 apps in my iPhone so far. Now one of them has vanished for no reason.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:50   #73
Team-BHP Support

Either someone has accidentally deleted or it is a bug. Just download it again and things should be sorted out.
Old 9th March 2011, 21:10   #74
BHPian

I really dont mind Apple making India their dumping ground as long as they make the Iphone a little cheaper.

Have been deciding between an iphone and an android for a while now. A month ago Sister went and bought an itouch, I used it for a few days and now i am addicted to it. Have not downloaded too many apps, just a few free games, browsed the net, listened to songs, watched movies, snapped pictures and I guess my decision is made. Its gotta be an iphone, just the sheer ease of usability did it for me. Did see some android models from HTC and Samsung, none even come close to the finesse of an itouch, leave alone an iphone.

MaSh
Old 11th March 2011, 19:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

^ i keep telling my friends this: get a blackberry bold and an ipod touch. best of both worlds!

Oh and yes i use a Bold 9780 and an iPod 32GB Touch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks