Team-BHP - Query On CCTV Camera And Installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Query On CCTV Camera And Installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/96322-query-cctv-camera-installation-5.html)

My parents are looking for a CCTV setup for their house as well. I went through all the posts in this thread and it is confusing with so many options. Can someone guide me on what would work best for this particular requirement?

My parents stay in an old bungalow with plenty of space around. They want a CCTV setup that can be viewed remotely, so that they have peace of mind when they travel.

What we are looking at
- Maybe about 4 cameras, 2 in front and 1 for side and back
- Storage and option for remote view access

Can you please guide me on what cameras we could look at, what kind of server/internet connection would be needed and how much would it cost for a professional to come and set it up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by guha_2001 (Post 3608125)
My parents are looking for a CCTV setup for their house as well. I went through all the posts in this thread and it is confusing with so many options. Can someone guide me on what would work best for this particular requirement?

My parents stay in an old bungalow with plenty of space around. They want a CCTV setup that can be viewed remotely, so that they have peace of mind when they travel.

What we are looking at

Can you please guide me on what cameras we could look at, what kind of server/internet connection would be needed and how much would it cost for a professional to come and set it up?

These days you get fairly decent quality Chinese options for approx. $250.00 ( Conversion of around 90/-) based on today's customs duty and dollar rate.

This would include 4 cameras and one NVR.

What you would need to additionally invest on would be the following

1) Hard Drive to record.. approx. 4-5K based on size
2) Broadband connection with necessary service provider's router
3) A small UPS to take care of Power Outages
4) Cabling ( CAT6 cable Plus PVC Conduits) - approx. Rs.50/- per mtr

Depending on the place you need to install, it would probably cost you around 5 - 10K for installation is my estimate but people can do it for lower as well.

Hope this helps.

Should you need any other information, you can give me a shout anytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guha_2001 (Post 3608125)

What we are looking at

Hi.. Did you finalize on the CCTV setup for your house? If yes, can you pl. share more details around it since even I am looking out for something similar.
Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 3692256)
Hi.. Did you finalize on the CCTV setup for your house? If yes, can you pl. share more details around it since even I am looking out for something similar.
Thanks,

Hey no we didn't, postponed this decision as our requirement changed. But your best bet is to enquire with this company called Zicom, they were able to offer a competitive quote. You can look up their local dealers through Justdial, and they should be able to help you with a custom offering for your requirement.

Hitting on this thread, I've to get CCTV installed at my home and clinic. There is spurt in theft and crime in my area plus due to my profession, I need to be wary of idiots. After lot of deliberations and discussion, I've found out about 2 companies that can do installation at my place, one is G-More and other one is CP Plus. Installation requirement is 16 channel DVR with a 9 camera setup to start with including home and clinic. Which one of these 2 is better? CP Plus total cost will come to about 4K more than G-More but I'm getting a 2 year warranty against 1 year from other one. These are not IP cameras. Can anyone help me with choice of CCTV company between these 2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 2237075)
Hey,

since I am in this trade i will try and help / guide you as much as possible. Lets start from the basics.

if you need further info pls PM me.

Hi,

I am in to electronic security field for the past few years.As per my understanding you can go with any good brands like CP Plus,HIK vision which is low budget products and suits most of residential requirements . Only thing is you need to select proper system integrator or installer who can install properly and gives you future support .

If you have budget then better to go with IP based cameras which can directly hook into POE powered NVR where your hardware components reduces .This set up requires less maintenance due to LAN network and RJ connection.Based on your budget you can select analog or IP based solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3916113)
Hitting on this thread, I've to get CCTV installed at my home and clinic. There is spurt in theft and crime in my area plus due to my profession, I need to be wary of idiots. After lot of deliberations and discussion, I've found out about 2 companies that can do installation at my place, one is G-More and other one is CP Plus. Installation requirement is 16 channel DVR with a 9 camera setup to start with including home and clinic. Which one of these 2 is better? CP Plus total cost will come to about 4K more than G-More but I'm getting a 2 year warranty against 1 year from other one. These are not IP cameras. Can anyone help me with choice of CCTV company between these 2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3916113)
Hitting on this thread, I've to get CCTV installed at my home and clinic. There is spurt in theft and crime in my area plus due to my profession, I need to be wary of idiots. ?

Just curious, what is your profession? Bone collector, clinic, these hint at an orthopaedic surgeon, am I right?

Methinks all of us in every profession need to be wary of idiots:D

IP cameras are good choice if you need a cheaper 1080P solution with easier PTZ(Pan-Tilt-Zoom) operation. Some IP cams even feature talkback capabilities.

Recently, CP-Plus and others have released their 720P HD-CVI systems (HD streaming over analog RG-59 coax) Here too there are 3-core cables available where the power cables for the cameras are combined with the RG59 coax forming a single cable that goes to your camera.

It presents a good upgrade option as the wiring doesn't need to be touched.

I'm still waiting for companies to release their 1080P HD-CVI DVRs and cameras here and then will upgrade from D1.

Recently, FLIR Systems had released a security camera for home users which was able to show you the entire days activity in a short time by only showing the important bits! I really liked the ideas as one wont need to sit through hours of footage, fast forwarding!

(and any setting on motion sensor on a dvr is either too sensitive or useless as to not trigger recording! and a lot of times cameras tend to capture hours of useless footage. At least that is better than no footage at all)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalvaz (Post 3916281)
Just curious, what is your profession? Bone collector, clinic, these hint at an orthopaedic surgeon, am I right?

Methinks all of us in every profession need to be wary of idiots:D

You guessed it right. I'm an orthopaedic surgeon and I agree that every professional needs to be wary of idiots. Problem in my case is my location and the kind of people inhabiting this part. I used to see patients as emergency at night but stopped it altogether after a few incidences. I'll be happy only when I'm alive. :)

Moreover there has been increase in theft cases since last few months so planning to secure the house also.

I need a 2 bullet camera setup for my place. I plan to do it as a DIY project. Confused as to what equipment I should be using. I dont want to splurge so wast thinking about IP cameras. But a little convincing may just change that.

For now, I was looking at a HikVision 4 channel DVR + DS-2CE16C2T-IT3 CCTV Camera (or IT3). I did not read good reviews about CD Plus so not considering those.

Sorry for the noob question. Can these be set to only record on motion detection?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshaymahajan (Post 3916645)
I need a 2 bullet camera setup for my place. I plan to do it as a DIY project. Confused as to what equipment I should be using. I dont want to splurge so wast thinking about IP cameras. But a little convincing may just change that.

For now, I was looking at a HikVision 4 channel DVR + DS-2CE16C2T-IT3 CCTV Camera (or IT3). I did not read good reviews about CD Plus so not considering those.

Sorry for the noob question. Can these be set to only record on motion detection?

Hi Akshay,

Not a noob question at all my friend.

1. IP cameras is the way to way. Going analog in 2016 is not advisable. IP gives you more flexibility to expand and also easier to set up and configure. Most IP systems come with DDNS pre configured and hence remote viewing is fairly simple and straightforward. Also most NVR (Network Video Recorder) come with POE in built which means you dont need to worry about running a seperate cable for powering your cameras. A simpe CAT5 / CAT6 from NVR to Camera and you are sorted.

2. You can set most systems available on market to record as motion detection. If you really keen on the over all package in terms of recording and playback make sure you get your self a WD purple HDD. They are made for CCTV industry.

Avoid going for generic "Chinese" brands. End of the day all are made in far east, but HikVision, Dahua etc are main stream recognized brands with good software and easy to use system.

If you PM me what city you are IN, i may ne able to point you to right ppl. I was in this industry in India for 7 years before moving to Melbourne in 2014.

If you have any further questions; feel free to post here or PM.

Regards,

I'm looking for a CCTV setup for our shop which is 2 big halls and one office space (14' by 8'). One of my relatives suggested that I go for a wireless setup as its less of hassle.

What would really be an advantage is if I could hook up the setup in such a way that I can access the footage from one or two iphones if need be. I don't need high-end stuff, just something that makes my labourers wary that somebody is watching them and something that gives me a quick view of whats happening when I'm away.

What would all of this cost me and where should I initiate my search from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 3916681)
If you PM me what city you are IN, i may ne able to point you to right ppl. I was in this industry in India for 7 years before moving to Melbourne in 2014.

If you have any further questions; feel free to post here or PM.

Regards,

Hi Harshal,

Could you please guide me to a good technician to set up my IP Cam.
I bought stuff off the internet, and now struggling doing the set up.

I am based in Bangalore.

Cheers,
Soum

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 3916681)
Hi Akshay,

Not a noob question at all my friend.

Regards,

Thank you so much. I dont know how it took me so long to read this reply. That was very helpful. I hear you about IP cameras and agree that it makes sense to go for the latest widely available technology.

I have been away from home, so have made no progress yet. Will start again in April once I am back.

I am based in Delhi, and while hopefully I will be able to do it as a DIY project, a few references wouldn't help. Appreciate it.

Guy's I have a problem with my HIKVISION 7208 HGHI-SH DVR.

No matter what settings I change on my DVR and save, it disappears and reverts back to the old settings on re-boot. Settings like Camera Name changes, Number of Camera views. It all changes back to the old default settings. Nothing else is wrong with it.

I believe it's on the latest firmware which 3.1.7

How do I solve this problem ?