Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 05:29   #46

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

just bought the creative zen vision m(30 gb) three days back.it costed me Rs 15000.the av cable has to be bought seperately which costed me rs1200.i connected it to the tv using the av cable and the the clarity of the movie on the tele screen was pretty good(though it depends on the bitrate).i had a ipod nano previously and the audio quality of the creative is any day better.compared the video quality of the zen m to the video ipod and again,creative was on top.the biggest difference is tat you dont need to convert everything into a supported format like in the case of an ipod as the creative supports variouis formats.since the creative has a custom eq,you can make it sound just the way you like it.also,the creative comes with a wall charger unlike the ipod where you have to buy it.i didnt try connecting it to a music system but did manage to connect it to the cars hu(pioneer 6850) and the sound clarity was damn good,no hissing sound etc.
i had done a lot of research on the creativ zen vision m and am very happy with it.it has managed to surpass my expectations.
if sound quality,features are your prime motive then go for the creative.have used an ipod previously so i can be damn sure to tell you that creative is anyday better.
Old 26th June 2006, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Awesome, U made my day.. I am going for Creative now.. Thanks a lot buddy.
I am not POD freak bcoz i know its just good in look & Feel. nothing much. Its good for gals who like smooth looks( I feel so, no offence to guys :P )

POD is high only bcoz of looks & Feel as well marketing. Creative Zen is best in feature wise. No need to convert movies in iTunes. Zen supports DivX, Xvid too..

Just small question. Which Creative zen M u got there are 2.. See the links below..

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1892275,00.asp

OR

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen...-31632696.html

Can u please tel me which one u have ? Whats the major diff b/w these two ?

PS: iPOD is totally out of my list now.
Old 4th July 2006, 05:50   #48

sorry for replying so late.the first link is for the zen vision whereas the 2nd link is for the zen vision M.i have bought the zen vision M(the second link).
the first difference between them is price .
2.)the zen vision has a 3.7" screen,
3.)has a removable and rechargeeable battery which means you can buy an additional battery which can be used when your far away from a charging point.
4.)integrated plug and view compact flash slot:which means if your dig camera has a flash memory card,you can insert it into the zen vision and directly view the photographs.
5.)the a/v cable is included in the kit which means you dont have to buy it seperately.

comparing it to the zen vision M(the one which i have bought),it has a 2.5" screen,doesnt have a removable battery,no compact flash memory card slot,a/v cable has to be bought seperately.
point to note:the zen vision doesn not compete with the video ipod and is more of a competitor for the archos,toshiba pmp(portable media players).the drawback of this is that sinceyou will be listening to more of music than watching movies,the screen siz becomes irrelevant to some extent as the basic utility you look for is size.the zen vision is heavier and bigger than the zen vision M.
IMHO you should go for the Zen Vision M which is more value for money.
if you decide to go for it,check the box of the device.creative has currently launched a new packaging wherein they are not offering the wall charger.you can make out the difference by the size of the boxes.the bigger box contains the wall charger whereas the smaller box doesnt have one.this way they have further reduced the price of the zen vision m .so opt for the bigger box as the price difference is marginal.(seperate wall chargers for the vision m will be hard to get as the product is still new in the market and the accessories havent penetrated into the market like in the case of the ipod)
Old 5th July 2006, 02:15   #49
BHPian

Thanks a lot again. Will surely check out Demo in Bangalore. I have been calling Creative Dealers in Bangalore from past 5 months, just they have got this vision M in last month. Will have to check the demo 1st.

I have already checked demo of POD Video in Forum mall, but its out of my list now.

I will see the demo of Zen vision M & ask my friend to get it from Dubai Or US. Its so cheap there.

Thank u again.
Old 5th July 2006, 02:45   #50

anytime...glad to be of help to a fellow tbhp member
Old 13th July 2006, 22:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzterdesign
anyone here who knows where i can get my "yes YMP-10" mp3 player repaired?
Hi,

Please contact them here

http://iloveyes.net/contact.php
Old 15th July 2006, 00:43   #52
BHPian

ipod period, even though i have a creative Zen 20gb. The battery drains out even if u don't turn on the unit, is bulky and heavy..u can also consider the iriver !!
Old 17th August 2006, 17:35   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
ipod period, even though i have a creative Zen 20gb. The battery drains out even if u don't turn on the unit, is bulky and heavy..u can also consider the iriver !!
the one ur talkin about is not under consideration.does ur creative play videos etc.
Old 31st August 2006, 12:28   #54
BHPian

finally i chose sony nwe107 for 130$
Need a good sq FM transmitter fro my sony networkman NWE107
can any one advice me with that
nways the specks of my i pod are NWE 107, 1gb, runs on 1 AAA battery and that means i never ran out of battery
Old 31st August 2006, 14:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
the one ur talkin about is not under consideration.does ur creative play videos etc.
Zen 20GB dosn't but other models of creative have feature of playing videos....
Old 9th September 2006, 03:58   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
Zen 20GB dosn't but other models of creative have feature of playing videos....
maybe the piece that you got is defective
Old 9th September 2006, 13:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

OK - I need info here - the best , cheapest , reliable MP3 player with 512MB/1GB capacity , a must is that it should have FM radio as well.

Which one guys ?? And where will I find it ?

Seen a Sony 1GB one with FM for 66XX ...is it worth ?
Old 9th September 2006, 13:48   #58
Team-BHP Support

id go for the creative muVo TX FM 1GB. it has all the mentioned features and doesnt need any cables to connect to pc. ive had it for a year and works fine.i think it costs around 5-6K not sure as i got it from US.
Old 9th September 2006, 14:58   #59
BHPian

I recently bought a 1GB YES mp3 for Rs4700 from Alfa. Worth the money....... 1GB Nano was for RS7500
Old 11th September 2006, 18:57   #60
BHPian

go 4 this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
OK - I need info here - the best , cheapest , reliable MP3 player with 512MB/1GB capacity , a must is that it should have FM radio as well.

Which one guys ?? And where will I find it ?

Seen a Sony 1GB one with FM for 66XX ...is it worth ?
i use nwe107 but it does not have any FM
if tou want FM try sony NW-S200 Walkman series 15 x 15 x 97 mm @ 250$
check this link
http://www.cnet.com.au/mp3players/mp...0091721,00.htm

sony has one of the most unique and sporty designs
looks long but fits into a wrist band and is not that big
and obviously is sony so extreme power and awesome quality
i tried i pod also, i think my sony SQ is the best
i think it operates on AAA battery so no need 4 pc to recharge

BEST THING IS -->water resistant, so it can withstand sweat and even rainfall , cant belive man its written there in page, see u r self...also
keep track of calories burned

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks