Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2011, 05:08   #1
BHPian

Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Team-BHP problems

Hi guys,

Just installed IE9 RC ver 9.0.8080.16413 a couple of days ago and am loving it. It's totally stable and much faster than Chrome.

Recently encountered something odd with IE9....it does not allow one to post on t-bhp or to respond to a PM.
On trying to post at t-bhp while on IE9, I kept on getting the error message "1.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters." And while trying to respond to a PM, it does not even show me the preview of the text that I have written.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions would be helpful.

peace,
~kg
Old 19th February 2011, 06:46   #2
BHPian

re: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Team-BHP problems

ditto me too, i faced a problem with IE9 Beta version during september10-december 10 also and now it continues with the IE9 RC too. It does not even allow smileys to be inserted in posts. I switched over to the Firefox 4.0 Beta version yesterday and no problems whatsoever. However, I am still unable to upload a profile picture for myself, keeping getting an error message: upload of file failed, help needed on this front anyone?
Old 19th February 2011, 06:49   #3
BHPian

I don't use IE. So I cannot comment about the particular issue. However, one quick solution to most IE9 problems is to use the inbuilt "compatibility view" feature. In the IE9 address bar, there is a "broken page" icon. If you click that, IE9 tries to emulate IE8 etc.

refer MS article for the feature: Some Web sites may not be displayed correctly or work correctly in Internet Explorer 8 or in Internet Explorer 9 Beta
Old 19th February 2011, 07:58   #4
BANNED

I had installed ie9 beta earlier but it's dll file was crashing my game GTA4 every now and then. I uninstalled it. I did visit team bhp and didn't see the problem you are facing. Can't comment now as I use chrome and firefox instead.
Old 19th February 2011, 09:43   #5
BHPian

the compatibility view icon seems to solve the problem, probably this post should contain a smiley also
Old 19th February 2011, 21:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
the compatibility view icon seems to solve the problem, probably this post should contain a smiley also
The niggling problems with the new products (particularly MS) is the reason that I wait some 2-3 months before trying any upgrade. I know that in the world of new tech and softwares this wait is too long, but now i don't have patience and time to undo the problems that the new app may create.

PS: During my college days I used to be among the first in college to try the new releases. And as a backup I always had a ghost map of my OS drive handy (updated that at the end of every trouble free month ).
Old 20th February 2011, 15:13   #7
BHPian

Trying to post after a longtime, I found that I was unable to. That was on 02 Feb 2011 while I was still on IE9 beta. The error message I got was that my message was less than 20 characters and I should lengthen it. I was literally taken aback and shot a message to the moderators/webmaster how I have been thrown out of TeamBHP. Next day however it suddenly dawned on me that I should try the compatibility mode and it worked. ( I had completely forgotten that I was on IE9 beta and this amnesia was mainly because of the fact that I never experienced such a problem in other forum/s where I post at the rate of 2/day.) I again informed this to the moderators/webmaster.

After this I went to Tools>Compatibility View Settings and added teamBHP.com there.

Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Team-BHP problems-compview-sett.jpg

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 20th February 2011 at 15:50.
Old 26th March 2011, 01:46   #8
AVR
BHPian

Facing the same issue with IE9.0 RTM version too! Anything that needs to be done from Tbhp end?
Old 26th March 2011, 10:26   #9
BHPian

@AVR

Tried the compatibility mode pal ??
Old 26th March 2011, 10:37   #10
AWD
BHPian

Same was the case with me, used the contact t-bhp option & reply from the Admin. was to use alternate browsers. Now posting from Chrome.

Will try & modulate "compatibility mode" because IE9 is my primary browser.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:01   #11
AVR
BHPian

@dre@ms

Now typing this with the compatibility mode on. Somehow, this ain't the way to solve the problem permanently!

Adi
Old 27th March 2011, 14:22   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Get a better browser

Seriously though, there is nothing we can do from the server side to solve an Internet Explorer problem. Use compatibility view for now, until Microsoft releases a bug-free explorer 9. Other browsers I highly recommend:

- Opera
- Firefox
Old 27th March 2011, 14:38   #13
BHPian

Re: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Team-BHP problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Get a better browser

Seriously though, there is nothing we can do from the server side to solve an Internet Explorer problem. Use compatibility view for now, until Microsoft releases a bug-free explorer 9. Other browsers I highly recommend:

- Opera
- Firefox
Best Option. Don't use IE9. Simple. I use Chrome, Safari & Firefox 4 which i found is a huge improvement over the earlier unstable Firefox 3 versions.
Old 27th March 2011, 19:46   #14
BHPian

the only reason to use IE is that some ancient banks have configured their inetrnet banking system to it, the virutal keyboard function does not work with firefox /safari//chrome.
Old 28th March 2011, 02:14   #15
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Get a better browser
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Best Option. Don't use IE9. Simple.
I used Firefox then Chrome and just tried IE9 out and to be frank it felt way faster in loading windows and opening new tabs. In fact even faster than Chrome. Hence, given that those are typically the few requirements we have of a browser IE9 wins hands down! Yes its a MS product. Still.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks