Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 14:56   #571
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

How is the iBerry Auxus AX03G? Its a new tablet release and the specs on paper look good. Has anyone had an opportunity to try/test it out physically? I am beginning to incline towards buying that if I can get some positive user reviews.

Prajwal
Old 11th July 2012, 15:21   #572

^^
Yes Prajwal, the specs looks too good, iberry service is top notch, and I am sure they wont let down on the product either, it has a 3g sim slot in built, so you save another 1.5K on purchasing a seperate 3G dongle. All in all agreed its seems a good tab, only drawback its on prebook status.
Old 13th July 2012, 01:21   #573
BHPian

Re: Micromax Funbook P300 short review and Initial experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Do give a review Funbook after get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
@ghpk

Initally it comes locked to Tata Photon, maybe experts here can unlock it to work on other dongles too.
Micromax Funbook reached me Thursday morning. Its from Tradus.com and came via BlueDart. its a Slate grey. Looks great.

It was basic sealed packing, lacked extra bubble wrap which flipkart uses.
anyway Pack was intact and I have no problem if its delivered properly.

Unboxed and found it was sealed box, sealed unit. It included instructions sheet +sticker for the Rs.500 Tata Photon postpaid offer which was very advertised on other stores but I had no idea my purchase would include that too.

Removed Tablet from protective plastic and turned it ON, it boots very fast, after Initial setup (wifi+google a/c etc) it was ready to go within a minute.
Battery was 50% charged when I first turned the device ON.

Wow, 6K tablet and so smooth operation, no lags, ICS does feels much better from previous android versions.
Cables included were a Mini USB cable, Mini USB to USB Female and a charger.
Charger is not a common one, so you need to take it along if you plan to move around with this tablet.

Quickly inserted a 16GB Class 4, Sandisk MicroSD card and it was instantly mounted and was usable instantly.
had copied a few 720p movies on it, and video player played them without even a single buffer even with too many skips and rewind/forward.
Sound output is not impressive on video files, may be its due to compression used in those files.

Screen quality is good, and is much better than price paid.
Dual Mali - 400 2D/3D GPU, certainly shows you the best possible output even on this Low budget Tablet.

Loaded a few mp3, and they sounded excellent, using equalizer i was able to match it to my taste, I prefer low vocals mostly.
Sound output was much more than the video files used for initial run.

Now its time to check games, Installed Angry Birds Space, installed in a few blink of eye, games started smoothly, and me and my little angel cleared 8 levels in a couple of minutes, no lags, no problem in playing the game and screen was very responsive.

Front Camera is a very basic one, and is for chat only, but I won't expect a nikon lense at this price.

Used the Mini-USB to Female usb cable and inserted a pen drive containing movie and music files, it was accessible in file manager and movie played fine without taking time to buffer.

Now time to do some terminal testing, Installed Super user and Terminal Emulator from play store, Wow, device is not locked and is allowing root access, was able to access system files using SU.

Inserted a USB Huawei modem using mini-usb to female usb cable, this modem has vodafone 3G SIM and device was able to connect to Internet without any problem.
So its not locked to TATA 3G Dongles.

This Micromax Funbook P300 also includes a Mini-HDMI port, supporting 2160p SuperHD, so you can use this to connect the tablet to your favorite sized LCD/LED TV too.

Includes a 3.5mm Headphone socket, connected it to my home theatre and was watching movie on 7 inch Tablet with 2000 watts Audio Output, what a contrast sir ji...

So at Rs.5995/- I am more than very happy to get a good budget tablet, which would impress you with its simplicity in design, features, smooth operations and good value for money.

Edit: the education App. included free by micromax, is not as impressive as it sounded in advertisement as mostly they have a very basic 1-2 topics covered in free trial and other needs paid subscription, and out of 2 free topics for class 1 which i tried was giving server side errors.

If i missed any details, please do ask me.

Few pics attached, enjoy....

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-f8ia1.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-brtt4.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-iyvst.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-mhzfw.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-hxwyy.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-whzam.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-gbe3y.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-jf5q7.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-mbbqy.jpg

Last edited by ghpk : 13th July 2012 at 01:26. Reason: added details about education app.
Old 13th July 2012, 02:37   #574
Senior - BHPian

^^^Thanks for the review. Do update if you face any issues.

I'v seen two kinds sellers - those that pack like the parcel is going to go thru a nuclear holocaust and those that think couriers are run by angels. Tradus is the 2nd kind. Whatver few things I'v bought form them have come in nothing more than a poly bag. While "more than adequate" packing is of course wasteful and expensive, Tradus is taking quite a risk; and in turn so is the customer. I'm surprised that they are sending even relatively more expensive items like tabs in just poly bags.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:19   #575
BHPian

Re: Micromax Funbook P300 short review and Initial experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Micromax Funbook reached me Thursday morning.
If i missed any details, please do ask me.
Attachment 955736
Please update us about the tab battery life. (After some movie/Game played on tab)
is that tab has phone function ?
GPS?
Old 13th July 2012, 10:43   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Thanks for the review. Do update if you face any issues.
Well, the issue I am facing is that when the charge levels drop to around 30-35% , the device simply switches off.
Have to connect to a power source and then restart because it does not restart on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Please update us about the tab battery life. (After some movie/Game played on tab)
GPS?
Battery life is good enough for two movies, but with headphone output.
And no, it does not have a phone function. No GPS either.

Some of my observations :
- Responsive touch, very little lag.
- Battery lasts better than the specs suggest, however, it shuts down at 30-35%.
- Surprisingly good sound quality. Infact, make that great sound quality, and not just for the price. I plug in my sennheisers for a movie or two in bed, and the experience is more than satisfactory.
- Resolution is satisfactory.
- Good performance for the few games I have tried.
- Restarts on its own sometimes.
- The length of the charger cable is really small. Is a problem if your power point is at a relatively higher position.

*Please note, observations are considering the price+service center ratio of the device.

I am on stock ROM. Flipkart advertised the grey, but actually sent me a black one, which looks much better, IMHO. I can post of the device, if anybody is interested.
Old 13th July 2012, 11:40   #577

@ghpk
Excellent review, Funbook not locked to Tata Photon is news to me, everywhere it has been advertised as it is locked to Tata Photon.

@sajo
My Veedee D10, call it a Funbook or a Ployer Momo 9, shuts off when battery level reaches 6%, do anything wifi off/on, play anything, install n number of battery savers, the batterywill last for 4 hours, although the manufacturers claim it to be more, dont have a camera right now, will post the pictures tommorrow.
Old 13th July 2012, 19:41   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Well, the issue I am facing is that when the charge levels drop to around 30-35% , the device simply switches off.
Have to connect to a power source and then restart because it does not restart on its own.
Seems to be a battery calibaration issue. Haven't you tried calibrating?

Micromax Funbook seems to be good... but my question is if its better than the other options at a similar price, some of which have been mentioned above. Actually, this more relevant for a friend who is on the verge of buying a tab and counting on me for advice. As for me, I think I'll wait and watch a bit more...

Last edited by Raccoon : 13th July 2012 at 19:45.
Old 13th July 2012, 20:52   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
GPS?
No phone or GPS, still works great for browser and other apps requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Can be calibration issue, install battery calibration from play store and see if reseting the batt. stats helps.

Battery life is good enough for two movies, but with headphone output.
And no, it does not have a phone function. No GPS either.

Haven't seen full movie yet, turned it ON this morning, it was fully charged and been using it since morning, not continuous still have 51% left, been on wifi all day long without any restart.
kid did some gaming session, and I used some music and browsing.

Some of my observations :
- Responsive touch, very little lag.
- Battery lasts better than the specs suggest, however, it shuts down at 30-35%.
- Surprisingly good sound quality. Infact, make that great sound quality, and not just for the price. I plug in my sennheisers for a movie or two in bed, and the experience is more than satisfactory.
- Resolution is satisfactory.
- Good performance for the few games I have tried.
- Restarts on its own sometimes.
- The length of the charger cable is really small. Is a problem if your power point is at a relatively higher position.

*Please note, observations are considering the price+service center ratio of the device.

Couldn't agree more, the Tablet is performing much better than my expectation and hesitation as I used Samsung Tab2 for few days a month back and was thinking such smoothness would need 20K.

I am on stock ROM. Flipkart advertised the grey, but actually sent me a black one, which looks much better, IMHO. I can post of the device, if anybody is interested.
The Color thing is certainly confusing, I still fail to understand the color thing, I was not color blind earlier
front of Grey Device is all Black, (around the screen area) while back panel is Silver, My box states, Slate Grey.
I don't know what confusion is this, Grey is not Grey here, and having full Black front on Grey is another thing. Silver Back on Slate Grey etc etc.

Please do post Pics of front and back, better if few Funbook users can do this for comparison.
Old 14th July 2012, 09:34   #580
BHPian

Any feedback on Zync Z999 Plus.
Seems feature rich. Was waiting for first hand review. Any other proven tablet between 10-15k price range similarly spec'ed?
Old 14th July 2012, 11:34   #581

^^^

The IberryAXUS AX03G seems to be a better product, the specification, price and the after sales support, all go in favour of the iberry.

The Zync earlier model faced a lot of problem, so my vote goes to the iberry

Three Tablets I have shortlisted after going through the various reviews are

1, Ainol Aurora II marketed by Veedeedirect Rs. 12990/-
2. Iberry AXUS AX03G ( inbuilt sim slot) by iberry Rs. 9990/-
3. XTAB A10 Plus by ( IPS panel) NXG Electronics Rs. 7990/-
Old 14th July 2012, 15:00   #582

Some Pics of Veedee D10, sorry for the low quality pics, Note the similarities with the Micromax Funbook. Both are rebranded Ployer Momo 9, a small chinese company manufacturing tablet PCs
Attached Thumbnails
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-14072012002.jpg  

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-14072012005.jpg  

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-14072012007.jpg  

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-14072012009.jpg  

Old 15th July 2012, 00:51   #583
BHPian

Hey guys i have a archos 101 internet tablet. my son stepped on it and there are dark lines like a spider web on the display but the outer surface is intact. The tablet switches on and touch screen functions work. I would like to know where i can get a replacement lcd display for the tablet ( screen size is 10.1 inches i think) Any help on where to source the replacement display will be really appreciated.
Old 16th July 2012, 11:39   #584
Senior - BHPian

I have almost decided upon Samsung tab p310, I will be using it as a secondary calling device with my personal number, as I don't do much voice calls on my personal number, I think I will be able to use it as a phone.

Planning to get it from Hotspot, the price quoted is 19,200.
Old 16th July 2012, 19:51   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN
Some Pics of Veedee D10, sorry for the low quality pics, Note the similarities with the Micromax Funbook. Both are rebranded Ployer Momo 9, a small chinese company manufacturing tablet PCs
I too got my veedee d10 last week from VeedeeDirect for 6790.
Good one for the price. Battery lasts for about 4-5 hours. Booting does take a little time. The browser is also slow. Are any of the other browsers better?
Do you have any protective case for your tab? There is one avaiable in VeedeeDirect for 390.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks