Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:55   #826
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Hi All, if anyone has upgraded their ipad 2 software to IOS6, please share your experience of upgrading !

I tried to do it over wifi but didnt complete even after leaving it overnight. Is there something im missing ? I navigated through the menu and selected the upgrade software option.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:44   #827
Team-BHP Support

New Ipad mini announced.
Looks good starting at 329 for a 16GB on wifi only with a 7.9 inch display.

Apple site is already updated.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:49   #828
AWD
BHPian

iPad4 launch is shocking.
Mere 6 months life for ipad3!

iPad2 stays at 399$
iPad Mini starting at 329$ (wifi 16gb)

Last edited by AWD : 23rd October 2012 at 23:50.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:54   #829
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to buy a tab,primary usage will be Video Calling,so it must have a decent front camera,Any recommendations?
Price-Lesser the better
Old 24th October 2012, 00:00   #830
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I am looking forward to buy a tab,primary usage will be Video Calling
Samy tab2 for ~18k. Suggesting because it does calling.
Old 24th October 2012, 01:02   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
New Ipad mini announced.
Looks good starting at 329 for a 16GB on wifi only with a 7.9 inch display.

Apple site is already updated.
Highly disappointed with specs. What were they thinking when saying 1024x768 resolution or dual core a5 processor. This is so ipad and ipad 2 specs. 2 years old and that too at $329+.

I guess Nexus 7 is the clear winner as far as hardware specs go. Even the user experience is better with JB. Not to mention a saving of $80 while getting quad core, 1280x800 resolution, NFC, better GPS and then some more.

Very disappointing. OTOH, 4th Gen ipad looks good but 3rd gen users will be pissed for sure. I guess this is more because of the competition what with MS Surface and Nexus 10 coming out in next few days.
Old 24th October 2012, 01:11   #832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Highly disappointed with specs.
That is true. The only reason I think they had to do it this way was to differentiate with rest of the Ipad line-up. The only reason I said its good is because,
of the Apple eco-system and ease of ioS apps. I was expecting a 299 starting point.

To me the best buy seems to be the 8.9 inch Kindle Fire HD at 299.
But the problem is, such products (nor the Nexus) would come to India, but at least the Mini would in some point in time (though at a higher price point)
Old 24th October 2012, 15:55   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is true. The only reason I think they had to do it this way was to differentiate with rest of the Ipad line-up. The only reason I said its good is because,
of the Apple eco-system and ease of ioS apps. I was expecting a 299 starting point.

To me the best buy seems to be the 8.9 inch Kindle Fire HD at 299.
But the problem is, such products (nor the Nexus) would come to India, but at least the Mini would in some point in time (though at a higher price point)
I have been hearing rumors about the Nexus 7 being launched in India towards the end of october / early november with 3G support due to lack of public wifi penetration in India.
Old 24th October 2012, 17:06   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps

I have been hearing rumors about the Nexus 7 being launched in India towards the end of october / early november with 3G support due to lack of public wifi penetration in India.
Google is going to announce 3 main devices during its 29th Oct event. Info for this has been floating on various sites.

1. Asus made Nexus 7 32GB variant. Hopefully with 3 G
2. Samsung made 10" tablet
3. LG made next gen Nexus mobile.

There is no concrete proof of these but a lot of rumours / speculations are going on.

Also google isnt developing a 3G model just for India. But globally. Major question is when will these products come to India officially? Hope uts soon.

Regards,
Old 26th October 2012, 11:06   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam having a problem with my Blackberry Playbook with regards to wifi connectivity. They are as follows :-

1. Initially when I bought the playbook the range of the connectivity was pretty good. I can use the PB from far end of my apartment in the nook of some balcony but, over the few weeks notice that wifi doesnt work at the same location at all. I need to come inside the apartment or closer to the wifi router

2. While the problem of range exists, i notice another problem with my PB. Internet connectivity last not more than 10-15 minutes in constant and suddenly the internet does not work though i see the wifi connectivity bars quite strong and even when i go to wifi setting see that i am connected. when I switch off the wifi on PB and switch back on, it again works but for same time period ( 10-15 minutes) and I need to keep repeating this exercise to stay connected which as you can imagine is a pain.

While the wifi connectivity on my laptops and mobile phone works seamlessly. This issue is only with PB.

What could be wrong here?
Old 26th October 2012, 12:08   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam having a problem with my Blackberry Playbook with regards to wifi connectivity. They are as follows :-

1. Initially when I bought the playbook the range of the connectivity was pretty good. I can use the PB from far end of my apartment in the nook of some balcony but, over the few weeks notice that wifi doesnt work at the same location at all. I need to come inside the apartment or closer to the wifi router

2. While the problem of range exists, i notice another problem with my PB. Internet connectivity last not more than 10-15 minutes in constant and suddenly the internet does not work though i see the wifi connectivity bars quite strong and even when i go to wifi setting see that i am connected. when I switch off the wifi on PB and switch back on, it again works but for same time period ( 10-15 minutes) and I need to keep repeating this exercise to stay connected which as you can imagine is a pain.

While the wifi connectivity on my laptops and mobile phone works seamlessly. This issue is only with PB.

What could be wrong here?
Delete your wifi router name(profile) from playbook and rescan-reconnect it, Should work.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:43   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Delete your wifi router name(profile) from playbook and rescan-reconnect it, Should work.
Shucks, how come this delete, re-install and reboot thought didnt come to my mind? The classic windows solution

Thanks, will try it in evening and report back.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:02   #838
Senior - BHPian

Is anybody using a USB Keyboard within a carry case for their budget android devices ?

Something on the lines of this : http://www.ebay.in/itm/MICROMAX-FUNB...item3a792689e1

How effective are they ?
I connected a normal, large, old PC usb keyboard to my Funbook and it worked mighty fine.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:45   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Samy tab2 for ~18k. Suggesting because it does calling.
Does it use skype for video calls? The review i watched was from igyaan and it looks like it will use the native app for 3G video calling. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

At 18k, samsung tab2 is definately a good buy considering its got GSM support, In case your phone is sufficient for phone calls, PB rocks in every aspect - One data connection and thats it
Old 27th October 2012, 00:14   #840
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 10 is leaked

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/g...ndroid-tablet/

Key Specs

1.7 Ghz Samsung Exynos 5250
2560X1600 Resolution (~297 ppi)
2gb, 16 gb. no micro sd
NFC, BT 4.0
Android 4.2

Specs looks awesome. The tablet looks good. A little less bezel would have been good but i don't want to be touching the screen when holding it, so a bezel will be good.

Looks like samsung and google has come up with a really good tablet. Would be a great buy if priced same as ipad and tf700t.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks