Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 15:17   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Twitter app on HP TouchPad running CM9

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Has anyone faced this problem on a tablet? Installed CM9 on my HP TouchPad and then installed the official Twitter app. Now, I manage two twitter accounts and added them. But problem is, since there is no hard key or neither a soft key, I am not getting a "menu" option up to switch between accounts! The only way is to click on the button to type in a new tweet, click the current account icon on it and then click the icon for my other twitter account. Then the TL for this account shows up. No, don't want to switch to another twitter app just for this. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Any ideas?
Ok, fixed this "issue" by downloading and using TweetComb - a nice Twitter app specifically designed for tablets. Nice interface - 3 columns and you can log into multiple accounts.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:11   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Purchased an Android tablet recently. Ainol Novo Elf.
It did look great in terms of specs, and man I am pretty impressed with its performance till date.

Its really smooth (after new ROM upgrade made on 8-Mar-12) and is awesome with ICS version of Android. Plus, frankly its really cheap for the specs that it provides.

Anyone has this tablet?? I would enjoy discussing mods of this looking for company..

Ainol Novo 7 ELF – 7 inch HD (1024*600) Android 4.0 Tablet PC with 1GB RAM

Last edited by xingamazon : 17th March 2012 at 08:16.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:26   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
It did look great in terms of specs, and man I am pretty impressed with its performance till date.

Its really smooth (after new ROM upgrade made on 8-Mar-12) and is awesome with ICS version of Android. Plus, frankly its really cheap for the specs that it provides.

Anyone has this tablet?? I would enjoy discussing mods of this looking for company..

Hey I am really interested in getting one of these as I read about the features and it seems really great value for money. Although I'm a bit confused as I believe there is an Elf and an Aurora model?? Care to expand on how the tablet is and whether it is good enough for everyday use? Also did you order through uPlay, and if so how long did it take? Are they reliable?

Cheers.
Old 17th March 2012, 11:03   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon

Wow, looks like a good deal! Was it $165 (inclusive of shipping)? Some decent specs. Was it easy to remove the preinstalled app as they've mentioned?
Old 18th March 2012, 02:40   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Hey I am really interested in getting one of these as I read about the features and it seems really great value for money. Although I'm a bit confused as I believe there is an Elf and an Aurora model?? Care to expand on how the tablet is and whether it is good enough for everyday use? Also did you order through uPlay, and if so how long did it take? Are they reliable?

Cheers.
The only difference between Aurora and Elf is the Aurora has an IPS screen. And Elf has normal screen.
I have bought an Elf dint want to spend much on just the IPS feature
I got it from my friend who came back from Hongkong, but its available for around 9.6K in ebay.in

And for my daily usage its quite good, especially after I upgraded the OS recently its doing smooth and silky
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, looks like a good deal! Was it $165 (inclusive of shipping)? Some decent specs. Was it easy to remove the preinstalled app as they've mentioned?
It was not that difficult, there were only like two or three. Got a script run to remove these apps it worked great.
Old 18th March 2012, 07:28   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

This looks good. I was on the lookout for such a device for my 2-year old who doesnt let go of my phone when I am at home.

Just a question. Can you connect it to your LCD TV? Also how is the wifi performance/
Old 18th March 2012, 11:04   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This looks good. I was on the lookout for such a device for my 2-year old who doesnt let go of my phone when I am at home.

Just a question. Can you connect it to your LCD TV? Also how is the wifi performance/

Well there is a HDMI output, I have not tested it. I dont have the HDMI cable, but if I have it, I am guessing I should be able to watch HD movies thro the HDMI out port.

I am guessing it must work. Frankly dont want to become someone who is marketing the product. I just bought it cos it suited my need to the D.

BTW, I can totally understand your concern, I have spent atleast 4 months trying to research some product that would suit me.
In fact, I was close to finalizing on B&N Nook Color and tablet, but frankly its overpriced in India, thro Ebay else would have had it now.

Even now, if there is someone who you know is returning from US, I would recommend going ahead with Nook, though I have not tested Elf's reliability the branding side of Nook is strong, so I am guessing they would tested it to the core.
Old 19th March 2012, 14:38   #368
BHPian

iPad 2 prices dropped. now starts at 21K

Lowest Price on Apple iPads
Old 20th March 2012, 00:09   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone confirm if Android apps are available for Blackberry Playbook after upgrading the OS to 2.0?

If yes, where and how can i see a list of downloadable android apps?
Old 20th March 2012, 12:29   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone confirm if Android apps are available for Blackberry Playbook after upgrading the OS to 2.0?

If yes, where and how can i see a list of downloadable android apps?
Android app are available after you upgrade to OS2.0, but its not as easy as one might think as you can't just install the .apk or use the marketplace like in normal Android. Instead you need to enable developer mode, re-sign and repackage the .apk files into .bar format, and then use BBH tools utility to install to the playbook. However quite a lot of popular apps have already been converted to .bar format so its just a case of enabling developer mode and using BBH to install the apps. Once you do it a few times it isn't too difficult and should only take a few seconds, a minute at max. More info (and where I learnt what to do) at http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f258/diy-how-sideload-android-apps-playbook-2-0-a-701348/

There are some limitations like I found you can't use more than 2 android apps simultaneously as they both need the android player, and android apps can't make use of the playbook camera. This should all change soon anyway with future updates.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:49   #371
BHPian

i have little idea about tech details ,hence the following noob q's.my primary usage in a tab is for email access and some browsing while traveling.

I am looking at BB playbook

Can i connect a Reliance Broadband net dongle when not in wifi hotspot
could i use my cdma phone as a modem to create a wifi hotspot , if yes how
what are the other options to be able to access net for a wifi model.
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:50   #372
BHPian

Any Playbook users using HDMI cable to connect to Lcd tv ? May i know where you bought them from and at what price ?
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:25   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Any Playbook users using HDMI cable to connect to Lcd tv ? May i know where you bought them from and at what price ?
Available at Ebay,probably for around 300 bucks!! Have to buy it myself.

P. S osting this from the Playbook itself.
Old 24th March 2012, 13:15   #374
Senior - BHPian

Here's a step-by-step guide for sideloading android apps to your Blackberry Playbook tablet.
DIY How To Sideload Android Apps on PlayBook 2.0 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Anyone done this recently ?

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 24th March 2012 at 13:20.
Old 25th March 2012, 14:38   #375
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Is it true that tablets like the iPad and Samsung Galaxy tab have no detachable battery? If yes, then does that mean that the device will have to be thrown after around 3 years into the dustbin? In that case it works out to be a very expensive item to own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks