Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2012, 15:00   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
hi how did u install , have downloaded to my pc ,dont know how to install in my pb . any lead would help.

txns for the link
Watch the video i posted above. Its very helpful. I saw it 2-3 times before installing my first file.

I had to installed BB Desktop Manager. First i tried without Desktop Manager and it did not work. But once done, it was very easy. took about 4-5 mins to install the 3 apps.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:03   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

A small query for the Sony Tablet S.
I have rooted it, but not gone custom as of yet.
(mostly due to there not being much out right now).

Anyway, I looked and looked, and did not find anything in the way of native hotapot.
That was the reason I rooted it, to install opengarden.
Just wanted to know, if its missing on other tabs too, the hospot?
Old 10th April 2012, 15:26   #423
BHPian

Hi thanks, posted before seeing your link .

installed real football following the link, however am unale to run the app.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:49   #424
BHPian

Hey Playbook owners, should we create a new thread "Blackberry Playbook thread"? Last few posts were really useful. I didn't know loads of stuffs like PBNV.net and that the video chatting across platform is actually possible. And I feel that there are going to be loads of posts about Playbook (especially which Android apps work on Playbook) which I don't want to get lost in this thread.

I request every Playbook owners to list down the apps which they installed. Mine are-
1. IM+ (for amazing interface while chatting on Gtalk)
2. Asphalt Adrenaline (racing game)
3. Piano (just for fun)

That's all. I do most of my stuff through the browser. Still exploring what more apps to install.
Old 10th April 2012, 16:13   #425
BHPian

For all those who are not able to run real football , make sure that
1)You have the latest version of DDPB installed on your computer . This is the most essential criteria .
2)Make sure that your PB is on developer mode as it tends to switch back to normal mode sometimes .

Do try it out again , I do have it installed on my PB and it works brilliantly .

Regarding making a new thread for PB users , its a brilliant idea
Old 10th April 2012, 16:21   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
For all those who are not able to run real football , make sure that
1)You have the latest version of DDPB installed on your computer . This is the most essential criteria .

2)Make sure that your PB is on developer mode as it tends to switch back to normal mode sometimes .

Do try it out again , I do have it installed on my PB and it works brilliantly .

Regarding making a new thread for PB users , its a brilliant idea
I do have the latest version installed. As i downloaded today only so i assume its the most recent one.

Ya its in Developer mode as i managed to download Spider Man & Angry birds along with it and both work just fine.

Need to try that cross platform video call thing.
Old 10th April 2012, 16:30   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I do have the latest version installed. As i downloaded today only so i assume its the most recent one.

Ya its in Developer mode as i managed to download Spider Man & Angry birds along with it and both work just fine.

Need to try that cross platform video call thing.
Its not necessary that you have the latest version installed because you downloaded it today .its possible that you may have downloaded an older version .

I don't have my laptop with me so can't tell you which version I'm using , will let you know the same by evening .
Old 10th April 2012, 16:59   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not necessary that you have the latest version installed because you downloaded it today .its possible that you may have downloaded an older version .

I don't have my laptop with me so can't tell you which version I'm using , will let you know the same by evening .
Ya that could be possible. But i clicked the button for " Check for Updates" but it didnt show any results.

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-ddpb.jpg

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-ddpb1.jpg
Old 10th April 2012, 18:32   #429
Senior - BHPian

Just connected PB to my E72 via teathering and its working flawless. I am on VF Edge service but i could not find VF india in the list so added it manually. Name : vf , accespoint : www and left the other 2 fields blank. And it was all set and ready to use in no time.

Regards,
Old 10th April 2012, 19:50   #430
BHPian

Same version as mine . Try downloading it again , that might help . There is no problem with the game I can assure you that ..

Internet tethering works great , I have a blackberry torch 9800 and once I'm bridged to my playbook everything gets synchronised .

It just makes life "better"

Last edited by Enigmatic : 10th April 2012 at 19:51.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:20   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Ya that could be possible. But i clicked the button for " Check for Updates" but it didnt show any results.
Quote:
Same version as mine.
Guys! v1.0.8 is old! v.1.0.9 is the latest. It was released on 5th March'12. Download link- DDPB installer utility for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to v1.0.9 | CrackBerry.com
Old 11th April 2012, 18:04   #432
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have a query related to tethering via BlueTooth (BT) on BB Playbook.

When we connect our phone using BT with Playbook and use internet on it, how different or efficient will it be if the Phone is connected to EDGE or 3G? What is the data transfer speed supported by BT?

I am using Nokia E72 to connect to my BB Playbook. its serving me pretty well but since i was going away for a few days i thought of getting 3G services activated on my Phone but not sure what are the transfer speeds supported by BT.

Thanks a lot.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:22   #433
BHPian

So the Micromax ICS tablet is now for 5850/- on ebay when you use the 10% discount coupon. pretty good deal
Old 11th April 2012, 18:55   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

When we connect our phone using BT with Playbook and use internet on it, how different or efficient will it be if the Phone is connected to EDGE or 3G? What is the data transfer speed supported by BT?

I am using Nokia E72 to connect to my BB Playbook. its serving me pretty well but since i was going away for a few days i thought of getting 3G services activated on my Phone but not sure what are the transfer speeds supported by BT.

Thanks a lot.
I do not use a playbook but I do use internet on my laptop via bluetooth tethering on my Nokia E71.

Bluetooth transfer speeds are pretty high(do not know the numbers), they may not be as high as 3G, but still bluetooth tethering to 3G gives you much higher speeds than to edge or normal GPRS.

I normally use edge and the average speed I get is 50 kbps, I tried 3g for a short time(same bluetooth tethering) and the difference was phenomenol. Speed was averaging around 1200kbps or so. This was when the 3G services were in trial and were not yet launched. So with 3G services in full operation now, the speed should be much higher or atleast equal to what I got in trial runs. This is still going to be much higher than an Edge connection.

On a sidenote, I'm now using Joiku Spot premium on my E71. If you do not know about it, it is an app which turns your phone to a mobile hotspot. Once you start Joiku Spot, the app uses your Edge/3G connection and makes it available as WiFi. So you can connect any wifi laptop, tablet or any wifi product to this. Since this is on Wifi, you might get higher speeds. This app is on ovi store for around Rs.100. Downside is the phone becomes hotter, but never faces an issue because of that.
Old 11th April 2012, 21:27   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Guys,

Thanks a lot.
Bluetooth with edge is okay.
For 3g, use WiFi or USB, else no use.

Most Viewed