Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 14:30   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Can you make calls using the Nexus 7. Not an important feature but I suppose it can come in handy sometimes.

And how is the OTG support on it? Have you tried connecting a usb hub to it and attach multiple devices?
I have seen the Tab2 support multiple devices and large hard disks via OTG.
I use Skype, Viber and Google Voice to make calls. It works without any problems. I don't think its possible to make a call like a phone. Another alternative is to use OTG Data Stick. Third option is Wifi hotspot and bluetooth teethering.

I am sure developers are working on something to fix this. Meanwhile above options are available.

I have a 1TB Seagate HDD that i use as OTG device for client visits. It works great. I have also used usb sticks, mp3 players (to charge and transfer files on the go), phones. All these works without any problems. I have also attached keyboard and mouse and it works fine too. I have even attached PS3 controller to charge. It works fine. It depends on what kind of OTG device you get. Also you need to root it to use HDD and USB Drive.

Hope this helps
Old 24th December 2012, 21:44   #962

Attention: iPad users.

I am thinking to buy iPad (3rd generation) White. But all the online stores out there have only Black colour in stock. White ones are sold out.

Is the iPad 3rd Generation permanently discontinued? Has Apple stopped it's production?

I am planning to buy a 16gb version. Anybody has any idea about Satellite Hard disk?.

Also, in some forums, I have read about i-usb connectors. It states that, external micro SD cards can be connected to iPad and thus increase it's memory capacity.

Can someone help me with the following doubts?
Old 28th December 2012, 14:05   #963
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has anybody used any magazine apps in ipad. Magzter seems to be giving a good deal on one year subscription. Is it worth going the electronic route ?
Old 28th December 2012, 14:31   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Has anybody used any magazine apps in ipad. Magzter seems to be giving a good deal on one year subscription. Is it worth going the electronic route ?
Not Ipad, but I am using Zinio on my sony tablet s.
Its good. and TG costs just half as much. Allows you to buy foreign editions as well.
Experience wise, you miss the feel of paper initially, but soon get used to it.

Last edited by mayankk : 28th December 2012 at 14:32.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:36   #965
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Not Ipad, but I am using Zinio on my sony tablet s.
Its good. and TG costs just half as much. Allows you to buy foreign editions as well.
Experience wise, you miss the feel of paper initially, but soon get used to it.
What is Tg. Pardon my ignorance
Old 29th December 2012, 09:07   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospool View Post
Attention: iPad users.

I am thinking to buy iPad (3rd generation) White. But all the online stores out there have only Black colour in stock. White ones are sold out.

I am planning to buy a 16gb version. Anybody has any idea about Satellite Hard disk?.
Can someone help me with the following doubts?
I think flipkart is now having the white color.
Old 29th December 2012, 09:21   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post

What is Tg. Pardon my ignorance
TG =Top gear. The magazine.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:04   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Your question got lost among the hot discussion that happened recently.

I would say Nexus 7. Let me explain why!

I was in same situation as you. Both very appealing products. I list few advantage of Nexus 7 below and the reason i went for it. Day to day use, i love Nexus 7.

- Better Screen Resolution, more ppi and love the display. Very useful for media.
- Faster Processor. Easily supports JB's faster frame rates. No hiccups.
- Has proper stereo speakers. Tab 2 has worse speakers imo.
- Has Gyroscope.
- Better Battery life.
- Gets first OS updates. Great XDA Community support.
- I am heavy cloud user so i don't miss memory slot.
- DLNA, my TV has one.
- Has NFC. I have NFC Tags and have a NFC Enabled phone. Very useful to transfer data on the fly. You can read about my NFC tags review elsewhere in the forum.
- Quality of tablet. Love the way it feels in my hands and that i can hold it w/o worrying of dropping it.
- I have 32gb with wifi and hspa+. Unlocked so can use any data plan anywhere in world.
- I would never use rear camera on a tablet to click pictures. Would look so dorky.
- Finally the VFM of Nexus. At $300 for 32gb HSPA+ tablet, its hard to go wrong.

I do miss expandable storage sometimes but cloud has me covered there. Apart from that i don't miss Tab 2 much.
Hope this helps
All good points but not available officially in India, guess anyone who needs one in India has to procure through an importer or import one directly?
Old 3rd January 2013, 02:45   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
All good points but not available officially in India, guess anyone who needs one in India has to procure through an importer or import one directly?
Sorry, i don't know if its available or not. But Hiren asked and since i had experienced it, i thought i should pen it down.

Also, its very easy to procure nexus 7/10 from UK or USA. If not through online sellers than through relatives/friends coming from these countries. The price for which it is offered is unbeatable.

I hope they start selling in India at a reasonable price.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:26   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Sorry, i don't know if its available or not. But Hiren asked and since i had experienced it, i thought i should pen it down.

Also, its very easy to procure nexus 7/10 from UK or USA. If not through online sellers than through relatives/friends coming from these countries. The price for which it is offered is unbeatable.

I hope they start selling in India at a reasonable price.

I totally understand dear, not available in India officially so far, but if anyone is coming back to Noida/Delhi sometime soon, I would very much appreciate if they could get one for me :-)
Old 4th January 2013, 15:40   #971
Senior - BHPian

How does this tablet look. Specs except the display look more than promising with the price being 16000 INR.
Source: http://www.techulator.com/resources/...fications.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-clip_image001.jpg  

Last edited by dipen : 4th January 2013 at 15:42.
Old 7th January 2013, 19:50   #972
BHPian

Please suggest a tab for purely business use with less entertainment. Doing a lot of works in 'word'. Hence, need a key pad also. Budget is up to Rs.30,000/-
Old 7th January 2013, 22:55   #973
BHPian

Microsoft Surface is the perfect solution for you. Sadly it is not available in India. For Android I have found ASUS Transformer Prime to be a good business tablet with the dock.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:39   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Microsoft Surface is the perfect solution for you. Sadly it is not available in India. For Android I have found ASUS Transformer Prime to be a good business tablet with the dock.
Thanks Acurafan. You endorsed my thoughts. Ofcourse, after waited for the past 3 months for surface I decided to give up and go for some other tab. I finalized to go for Asus Transformar TF 101. Now you are suggesting prime. I will check with that. Thanks again.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:32   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
How does this tablet look. Specs except the display look more than promising with the price being 16000 INR.
it is Iberry Core X4. if you are really out for 10.1, then it offers good specs against competitors. the only downside is resolution which is 1024 x 768 which will not look great on 10.1'' screen.
if you are OK with 7'' size then go for iberry Core X2 3G. it will give you 1280 x 800. it will surely look stunning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks