Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2013, 15:28   #1141
BANNED

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Finalized on the Note 10.1 for the missus. Exploring accessories at the moment.
Still to buy the item. Hopefully there should be offers this month to get this for around 30-31K.
The S-pen is very impressive indeed.
Great product! But do keep in mind if you don't have a utility for the S-pen there are better 10 inchers in the market.

My family is also interested in buying a Note Tablet. Totally impressed by the S-pen but the 10 incher is a bit too big and heavy for us. So waiting for the release of the Note 8.0 to get the perfect balance. Many stores in my city complained about lack of Supply from Samsung.

BTW, What prices have you been quoted? and why do you think you could get it for 30-31k this month?

The original accessories like the Book cover seem pretty steeply priced.
Old 10th April 2013, 19:43   #1142
Senior - BHPian

guys,

in continuation to my samsung tab 2 query.
how is the performance on it after the JB update? hows skype on wifi? since my primary requirements are movies and skype while travelling.

thanks.
Old 10th April 2013, 22:52   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Great product! But do keep in mind if you don't have a utility for the S-pen there are better 10 inchers in the market.

My family is also interested in buying a Note Tablet. Totally impressed by the S-pen but the 10 incher is a bit too big and heavy for us. So waiting for the release of the Note 8.0 to get the perfect balance. Many stores in my city complained about lack of Supply from Samsung.

BTW, What prices have you been quoted? and why do you think you could get it for 30-31k this month?

The original accessories like the Book cover seem pretty steeply priced.
Currently with coupon, Indiatimes is offering it for 30.5K. Samsung is having a cashback offer price of 30.16K. However, when I called up Croma, eZone and MobileStore, they said we are out of stock.

S pen is good for taking notes, drawing etc. My wife can make good use of that.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:51   #1144
BANNED

Quote:
Currently with coupon, Indiatimes is offering it for 30.5K. Samsung is having a cashback offer price of 30.16K. However, when I called up Croma, eZone and MobileStore, they said we are out of stock.

S pen is good for taking notes, drawing etc. My wife can make good use of that.
Yeah, Just opened today's newspaper and a full page advert about 15% Cash back from Samsung. So now it will cost about 30K.

Leaves me wondering where the note 8.0 will slot in. I thought it was going to be a little under 30K, but if they do so, there won't be much product differentiation (in terms of pricing).
Old 11th April 2013, 10:49   #1145
Senior - BHPian

^Well, the sad part is Note 10.1 is out of stock everywhere. I called up Croma, Reliance Digital and MobileStore.
So, though the offer is good, I cannot avail it. Will go to the shops today to checkout personally.
Old 11th April 2013, 12:25   #1146
BANNED

Quote:
^Well, the sad part is Note 10.1 is out of stock everywhere. I called up Croma, Reliance Digital and MobileStore.
So, though the offer is good, I cannot avail it. Will go to the shops today to checkout personally.
Funny you say that, Croma is one of the few places in the city , I actually found it in stock. They only had one piece at the shop, claimed to have more in warehouse. Only White color. But they didn't budge under 35K, so wasn't very interested.
But, Croma is a really good place to experience a product, If know about the product already.
When I went to check it out,the following conversation happened.
Me: Where is its Stylus(S-Pen)?
Croma Guy: (While playing games on iPad) We don't have it.
Me: Check it, it is there in the package.
Croma Guy: (Still playing Games) Yes you will get it in the package you buy.
Me: Then how do I know if I want to buy it . and Why should I buy it from you? You dont even have a demo piece!(after raising my tone a bit)
Croma Guy:(Finally puts down the iPad).(Asks his senior about the S-pen), finally takes it out from the package under the display. Even connecting to the Wi-Fi was a pain, he didn't know the password
Old 11th April 2013, 12:46   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
I think you'll be easily able to get it at the Samsung smartphone cafes.
They keep all products on display.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:34   #1148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I think you'll be easily able to get it at the Samsung smartphone cafes.
They keep all products on display.
Having a product on display and having a piece to sell one are two different things.
As I learnt when I visited a newly opened(and heavily advertised) shop in my city. Very happily, the salesman handed me a Note 10.1 and after 10 seconds told me that they are not getting stock from Samsung and that I should look at the Tab2 10.1 instead
Old 11th April 2013, 15:42   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Guys,

I was going through the discussion on this thread, but instead of getting some leads, ending up getting more confused.

What I am looking for is following:

1. A 10" Tab (No 7" at all) which would be primarily used for Video calling.
2. This would be used by my In - laws for making skype calls to family
3. Other usage would be checking emails and pretty much routine internet surfing.
4. Budget - Not more than 15000
5. Should be reliable, with minimum tinkering around required and niggles. As the people using it would not know much about setting it right on their own.

Thanks

Rohit
I have the exact same requirements and budget.
Don't want them to be running to service centers.

@Jkdas, have you tried skype on the iberry? Is it satisfactory?
Old 11th April 2013, 17:19   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
"Few pix ON my iBerry CoreX4 ..." because that's all that we can see, baba! Pliss put some normal light pics for people with non-IR vision
:P will do.

Quote:
Yes. I agree. Maybe they copied Apple.

Just the post after yours.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/iberry-Auxus-...t_15213wt_1182

Ask jkdas for a review before you put your money on iBerry.
Its fast, has 3G support via SIM ( not dongle), screen is ok, has no skin installed ( just vanilla android), battery life is good.

Only issue I faced is that it cant lock on to GPS that fast :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
I have the exact same requirements and budget.
Don't want them to be running to service centers.

@Jkdas, have you tried skype on the iberry? Is it satisfactory?
Not yet, will try.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:40   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Bought the Note 10.1 yesterday from a local store.
He said, I will get cashback after checking with someone on the phone. I hope he is right.
The device itself is really good. Now I need to hunt for a good case to protect it.

This is for the missus and she is happy. The thing works as fast as you would want. Open multiple tabs on the browser, have a game or video running the background and anything else you would want, it does not slow down at all. So far, this is the most fluid experience of Android so far on any device that I have used.

So, comparing it to my Motorola Defy, this thing is a complete contrast.

Updated the Android version to 4.1.2 and setup Google and Samsung accounts.

Negatives:
Youtube always shows video in HD. No way to disable that so far.
No indicator to show that battery is charging or charged 100%.

Last edited by S_U_N : 12th April 2013 at 15:42.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:53   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
guys,

in continuation to my samsung tab 2 query.
how is the performance on it after the JB update? hows skype on wifi? since my primary requirements are movies and skype while travelling.

thanks.
I purchased a Samsung Tab2 3110 (wifi only) a few weeks back. It comes pre loaded with JB.

Performance is strictly OK for casual use.

I was not able to make video calls using skype. The call gets connected but my video doesn't get displayed at the other end. Seems that skype is not stable on JB, other users have also posted similar experiences on other forums.

Rohan
Old 12th April 2013, 16:02   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I purchased a Samsung Tab2 3110 (wifi only) a few weeks back. It comes pre loaded with JB.

Performance is strictly OK for casual use.

I was not able to make video calls using skype. The call gets connected but my video doesn't get displayed at the other end. Seems that skype is not stable on JB, other users have also posted similar experiences on other forums.

Rohan
Thanks for the feedback. This is what i was waiting for. A confirmation on skype useage on tab 2. I think this time for the first time i am going to go the i way. I will check out ipad mini 16GB. Since Skype is my primary requirement and i know for sure it works well on ipads. will give me a chance to test the i platform too.

thanks guys.
Old 12th April 2013, 16:48   #1154
Senior - BHPian

@Harshal: Having briefly used both Tab 2 and Note 800, I can say, Tab 2 is strictly an average performance device. Perhaps this is due to bloatware that comes with the tab.
You should check feedback from someone using custom ROM on this device.
I have no idea about Skype on these tablets. I will install it on Note 800 in a few days, but generally Google talk is sufficient for our requirement.
Old 13th April 2013, 00:14   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Harshal: Having briefly used both Tab 2 and Note 800, I can say, Tab 2 is strictly an average performance device. Perhaps this is due to bloatware that comes with the tab.
You should check feedback from someone using custom ROM on this device.
I have no idea about Skype on these tablets. I will install it on Note 800 in a few days, but generally Google talk is sufficient for our requirement.
Thanks.

Hows the Note 800 in terms of performance and usability? Are there many 10" specific apps in play store? I actually dont mind waiting for a month or 2 and invest in something like note 800. But again i feel for my basic useage i should just get a 32GB nexus. Very confusing it all is.

Most Viewed