Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2014, 13:11   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
The note and the iPad Air are both amazing pieces of hardware. But at the end of the day, it depends on which OS you would prefer.

If you prefer the closed ecosystem of iOS, go for the iPad. But if you'd like to exploit each and every feature that a device of that price range has to offer, go for the note with eyes closed. Plus Samsung's TouchWiz customization is really cool, and adds loads of convenience, not to mention the S-pen.

Cheers
Rohan
Thanks for the reply. I was told that in India they do not offer the Wifi only variant of the note. Is that true? The one with 3g is priced around 42k here and the WIFI only model in USA is around 470$. Hence quite a bit of difference.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:59   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Came across a good deal on FK for iPad Mini Exchange. What surprised me most is the devices listed in the eligible exchange list. Right from Nokia E series to Lumia to Laptops etc. I exchanged my 2005 purchased Toshiba laptop running Win XP and got 7000/- OFF and bought iPad Mini 16GB WiFi for my Mom & Dad. I also had some gift vouchers with me from FK worth 3000/-.

So in the end i paid 12040/- for a brand new iPad Mini 16GB WiFi. The iPad is mainly going to be used by my parents for Skype, Facetime and occasional emails. I personally think its a fantastic deal.

I had gotten myself a Samsung Tab 2 in early 2013 from HS18 for 8200/- and today FK is ready to pay me 7000/- for the same too. If anyone out there is planning to get an iPad Mini do check out FK. There are lots of eligible devices for the exchange scheme. One of my cousin benefited a lot, she paid 6990/- for her Lumia 520 around Nov 2013 and today she ordered iPad Mini too and got a cool 7000/- for her phone.

Name:  ipad.png
Views: 741
Size:  17.2 KB

Regards,
Old 27th May 2014, 15:40   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

So in the end i paid 12040/- for a brand new iPad Mini 16GB WiFi. The iPad is mainly going to be used by my parents for Skype, Facetime and occasional emails. I personally think its a fantastic deal.
New iPad mini on Amazon is about Rs. 17000. So, isn't Flipkart overcharging in the first place?
Old 27th May 2014, 15:42   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
New iPad mini on Amazon is about Rs. 17000. So, isn't Flipkart overcharging in the first place?
Yes. There are various sites & sellers selling at 17-18k range. In fact, there are other sellers too on FK itself selling in that range. This offer in particular is by WS Retail. But what got me going is the possibility to sell out an old gadget which is just taking up space at home. Considering FK is listing iPad Mini @ 21990/- and offering 7000/- exchange value for several gadgets and 5000/- for almost all, its a win - win situation for us users.

The reason i state this is, when i had asked my PC supplier for a buy back on my 2005 Toshiba, he had offered me 2200/-.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 27th May 2014 at 15:44.
Old 27th May 2014, 17:21   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Yes. There are various sites & sellers selling at 17-18k range. In fact, there are other sellers too on FK itself selling in that range. This offer in particular is by WS Retail. But what got me going is the possibility to sell out an old gadget which is just taking up space at home. Considering FK is listing iPad Mini @ 21990/- and offering 7000/- exchange value for several gadgets and 5000/- for almost all, its a win - win situation for us users.

The reason i state this is, when i had asked my PC supplier for a buy back on my 2005 Toshiba, he had offered me 2200/-.

Regards,
For sure, the offer appears to be tempting when you look at the valuation of the old gadget that you are trading in. My playbook will fetch Rs. 7000.
But, in the end, I am actually paying Rs. 5000 extra for the iPad. So, net-net, my Playbook is going to fetch me only Rs. 2000.
Old 31st May 2014, 13:34   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am thinking of getting the Google NEXUS 7, particularly this model.
http://www.flipkart.com/google-nexus...eals_prd_title

Since I have not been keeping a track of the tablet scene lately I wanted to know if there are newer models coming out for the Nexus any time soon.
Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 21:29   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I am thinking of getting the Google NEXUS 7, particularly this model.
http://www.flipkart.com/google-nexus...eals_prd_title

Since I have not been keeping a track of the tablet scene lately I wanted to know if there are newer models coming out for the Nexus any time soon.
Thanks
Nexus 8 launching end of this month. 8.9 inch screen. Google for the latest. Pun intended :-P
Old 1st June 2014, 08:42   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
For sure, the offer appears to be tempting when you look at the valuation of the old gadget that you are trading in. My playbook will fetch Rs. 7000.
But, in the end, I am actually paying Rs. 5000 extra for the iPad. So, net-net, my Playbook is going to fetch me only Rs. 2000.
The gadget exchange deals have always been the same especially on Flipkart. Sometime time last year when there was an exchange offoer going on for the I Phone 4 the prices were set pretty high. However, if you paid cash the retailers were allowing 3-4K discount. So net your gadget exchange value turns out ro be really low. If this is a trap consumers are easily falling for it as its very tempting unless you have a really old gadget like Harshal who had to dispose of the old laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Nexus 8 launching end of this month. 8.9 inch screen. Google for the latest. Pun intended :-P
I will check it out but I really like the 7 inch size. 8.9 inch would be too big for me. Also it will be more expensive. So any plans for a new Nexus 7 in the near future ?

Last edited by Pancham : 1st June 2014 at 08:44.
Old 14th June 2014, 09:28   #1524
BHPian

Got android 4.4.2 kitkat update on my Note 10.1 N8000 yesterday night. The size of the file is around 800MB. It took around 2 hrs 15 min to complete the update.
Old 14th June 2014, 10:43   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Any windows tab users here? There is a new,Xolo Win tab on sale on flipkart. It's priced at 19k and with an exchange offer going on. The specs seem,pretty decent on,paper. Want a first hand user experience if anyone here using the same.

Regards,
Old 14th June 2014, 11:35   #1526
BHPian

Cover for Nexus 7 (2013)

What cover should I get for my Nexus 7 tablet? Thinking of a backcover + pouch or a flipcover. Does using a flipcover add too much weight? I'll be holding the tab for most of the time, and I already have Carpal tunnel syndrome. The ones I found online were too costly. Will buy something locally. What are the good brands?

What do you recommend?
Old 14th June 2014, 12:02   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cover for Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
What cover should I get for my Nexus 7 tablet? Thinking of a backcover + pouch or a flipcover. Does using a flipcover add too much weight? I'll be holding the tab for most of the time, and I already have Carpal tunnel syndrome. The ones I found online were too costly. Will buy something locally. What are the good brands?

What do you recommend?
I bought this http://www.ebay.in/itm/360-Degree-Ro...E:L:OC:IN:3160 for my (mom's) 2012 nexus 7. Decent and cheap for once/twice aweek use but if you will use your tab extensively everyday, please consider getting a good stuff stand that you can buy in person.
Old 15th June 2014, 10:10   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The gadget exchange deals have always been the same especially on Flipkart. Sometime time last year when there was an exchange offoer going on for the I Phone 4 the prices were set pretty high. However, if you paid cash the retailers were allowing 3-4K discount. So net your gadget exchange value turns out ro be really low. If this is a trap consumers are easily falling for it as its very tempting unless you have a really old gadget like Harshal who had to dispose of the old laptop.

I will check it out but I really like the 7 inch size. 8.9 inch would be too big for me. Also it will be more expensive. So any plans for a new Nexus 7 in the near future ?
Update: I got myself an iPad Mini with Retina Display. Its a pretty amazing piece of technology and my first apple.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:30   #1529
BHPian

I have a 64GB Playbook and I am unable to use the hotspot on my Mote 2 to use internet on my tablet. Anybody who can help?
Old 26th June 2014, 11:53   #1530
BHPian

Re: Cover for Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I bought this http://www.ebay.in/itm/360-Degree-Ro...E:L:OC:IN:3160 for my (mom's) 2012 nexus 7. Decent and cheap for once/twice aweek use but if you will use your tab extensively everyday, please consider getting a good stuff stand that you can buy in person.
Thanks phamilyman. I have a similar cover for another tablet but it got spoilt fast. Checked other covers on ebay and many shops. Finally bought this (stylus included).
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Clear-Flexibl...-/291048643245

Cover is good, stylus not so much.

Last edited by amolbh : 26th June 2014 at 12:17. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks