Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 16:34   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Guys, I own a HP Touchpad and am running CM11 on it. However, I feel it is very heavy and I use it mostly when travelling - reading comics and books on it. Thinking of selling it but am lost for choice. What would you suggest at a 8 inch and above screen for less than 12k?

And how much do you think is the right price to sell this HP Touchpad?
Old 16th October 2014, 20:25   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, I own a HP Touchpad and am running CM11 on it.

And how much do you think is the right price to sell this HP Touchpad?
Is this the one with webOS?
if yes, I'd say you would be lucky to get more than 4-5k from it considering it was available for $99 when it was discontinued.
Old 17th October 2014, 01:14   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
SUN,

Thanks. No point in taking still baby pics. As said i mainly require for capturing baby activities.

Ramki
A babies eyes are super sensitive light, and a flash going off is harmful to their eyes, Please try and avoid using the flash.
Old 23rd October 2014, 07:37   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys

Looking for a tablet around 10000 rs and here are the requirements
1. 3G and voice calling
2. Min 7" and 8 would be bonus
3. Quadcore for snappy performance
4. I dont think i will get Windows tablets, so android it is but running newer androids
5. Build quality

Main requirements is for productivity apps and some childrens games.

Shortlisted below tablets
1. Huawei Honor T1 - Everything i mentioned above,Qualcomm proc, 8 inch tablet too. costs 9999,
2. Lenovo A7 50 - Seems to be bit older, around 10.5K
3. HP Voice 7 - Branded, has all features, older android version
4, Asus fonepad 7 2014 model - Cheapest one, but has only 4GB internal memory !!
5. Dell Venue 7 - 7 inch, but has every other feature, older android version though

Please suggest which one would be better ? Feel free to suggest alternatives in same range
Old 23rd October 2014, 08:17   #1565
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Not sure if this has been posted before but Notion Ink has come out with a Windows Tablet. It's available at Snapdeal for Rs. 19490. The release seems to have been rather quiet as compared to their earlier releases - http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/news...s-19990-594216
Old 25th October 2014, 18:40   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a tablet with budget upto 30k. Can be extended if required. Since I am new to tablet world, please recommend me a good one. I have new Nexus and new iPad in mind. Open to other models also if offer good hardware specs and calling facility will be an advantage.
Old 26th October 2014, 08:22   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Shortlisted below tablets
1. Huawei Honor T1 - Everything i mentioned above,Qualcomm proc, 8 inch tablet too. costs 9999,
2. Lenovo A7 50 - Seems to be bit older, around 10.5K
3. HP Voice 7 - Branded, has all features, older android version
4, Asus fonepad 7 2014 model - Cheapest one, but has only 4GB internal memory !!
5. Dell Venue 7 - 7 inch, but has every other feature, older android version though

Please suggest which one would be better ? Feel free to suggest alternatives in same range
Dell Venue series is a good range of budget tabs. Venue 8 is really good, if you can stretch your budget then that is the one to get otherwise the 7 is also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Looking for a tablet with budget upto 30k. Can be extended if required. Since I am new to tablet world, please recommend me a good one. I have new Nexus and new iPad in mind. Open to other models also if offer good hardware specs and calling facility will be an advantage.
Nexus 9 and iPad Air 2 are the best tablets in the market. Your choice should depend on which ecosystem you are part of. If you have an Android phone and use many Google services then the Nexus 9 would be of great use. While if you have an iPhone or use a Mac then getting an iPad would be better.
Calling facility wouldn't be available in either of these, it is generally there in smaller, cheaper tablets like HP Voicetab.

Last edited by Marauder : 26th October 2014 at 08:51.
Old 29th October 2014, 14:25   #1568
Senior - BHPian

I ordered the Lenovo Yoga 2 8 inches tablet yesterday from Flipkart @ 20,990/-. The 2nd generation tablets were launced by Lenovo on the 17th of October in India.

The tablet has specs as follows:
  • Full HD+ resolution display 1900x1200
  • 6400 mAh battery
  • Android 4.4.2
  • Super flexible stand
  • Intel Atom processor with 2 GB RAM
  • Intel GPU (Faster than Adreno)
  • Two front facing speakers
  • 8 MP rear camera
  • 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
  • Voice calling

Flipkart will deliver the tablet in few hours from now, as I am eligible for One Day delivery.

I will put my review of the tablet after a few days of usage. Watch this space.

Link to the official page: http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/table...ga-tablet-2-8/

I had considered iPad Mini and Nexus 9 before finalizing Lenovo Yoga 2. However, Yoga 2 turned out to be an extremely VFM tablet with the given specs. iPad Mini WiFi only model costs more than this and Nexus 9 Voice Calling model costs 45k INR.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 29th October 2014 at 14:27.
Old 29th October 2014, 16:58   #1569
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I ordered the Lenovo Yoga 2 8 inches tablet yesterday from Flipkart @ 20,990/-. The 2nd generation tablets were launced by Lenovo on the 17th of October in India.

The tablet has specs as follows:
  • Full HD+ resolution display 1900x1200
  • 6400 mAh battery
  • Android 4.4.2
  • Super flexible stand
  • Intel Atom processor with 2 GB RAM
  • Intel GPU (Faster than Adreno)
  • Two front facing speakers
  • 8 MP rear camera
  • 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
  • Voice calling
Flipkart will deliver the tablet in few hours from now, as I am eligible for One Day delivery.

I will put my review of the tablet after a few days of usage. Watch this space.

Link to the official page: http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/table...ga-tablet-2-8/

I had considered iPad Mini and Nexus 9 before finalizing Lenovo Yoga 2. However, Yoga 2 turned out to be an extremely VFM tablet with the given specs. iPad Mini WiFi only model costs more than this and Nexus 9 Voice Calling model costs 45k INR.
I believe there is a provision of keyboard with it.
Are you getting it as part of package?

Regards,
JLS
Old 29th October 2014, 17:11   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I believe there is a provision of keyboard with it.
Are you getting it as part of package?

Regards,
JLS
Yes there is a provision for keyboard. But the tablet was launched just 2 weeks ago. Lenovo is working on releasing supported accessories and should be available shortly.
Old 7th November 2014, 08:49   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

Am planning to get my son a tab for his gaming needs + occasional browsing. Budget is 15K, preference is for 8" + screens, fast processor, good screen capabilities and Android OS. Browsed through FK, the choices are:
1) Dell venue 8 (16GB/32GB)
2) Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T310
3) Digiflip Pro XT911
4) HP 10 (8GB)

How is the Digiflip Pro tab from Flipkart? The specs are brilliant, the review are mixed on FK. Best part is Priority center in Thane for the those teeth gnashing experiences. Kindly advise.
Old 17th November 2014, 17:05   #1572
BHPian

Folks. I am looking for a 3g/4g enabled WIndows tablet. 8" or 10" size.

Stumbled across Cain 8 from Notion Ink on Snapdeal. Any reviews or feedback on Notion Ink devices?
Old 17th November 2014, 18:22   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Report on Lenovo Yoga 2 8" 4G

I have been using the Lenovo Yoga tablet v 2 8 inches for over 3 weeks now. Its one heck of a tablet !

Price: 20,990/-
Where to Buy: Flipkart is the exclusive on-line retailer for the tab, for now. I bought it from Flipkart and it was delivered in 24 hours at doorstep without any issues.

Display:
One word brilliant ! The HD+ (1920x1200) resolution screen is really sharp, soothing and beautiful to look at. The movies, the photos, and the likes come to life on the gorgeous screen.

Performance:
I have not noticed any lag whatsoever yet. But it may be too early to jump to any conclusion. For sure, the internet browsing/download speed is much faster than Samsung Note 2 and Samsung S4 mobiles, while on the same WiFi connection. The web pages load just too fast comparatively.

Gaming performance is excellent. I have played games like Asphalt, Real Racing and the likes and never observed any lags, or frame-freezing issues. On the contrary, its a sheer pleasure to play games on this beautiful screen.

The framework allows you to create multiple user profiles, having exclusive partitions (per say) of data stored on the tab, apps, alarms and everything. We have created two profiles for now, mine and wife's. Its easier to download all the apps, movies and books from the store, which you've already downloaded on your mobile handsets.

Movie playback:
I had read at lot of places that Lenovo tablets cannot play movies with ease and there are some complicated ways to achieve that. That is a myth !!!
If you have the great MX PLAYER app on any of your Android device, you can play any type of movie under the Sun. I downloaded the same on the tablet and it plays all sorts of movies without any issues.

I am yet to try multi-window feature with respect to running two movies simultaneously.

Sound quality:
The tablet has two front facing speakers. The sound output is decent enough, if not the best.

Ergonomics:
The "Yoga" feature of the tablet is pretty useful. There are 4 ways to use the tablet, as shown in the demo video. Its not very heavy or big to hold in one hand. The stand is really sturdy and you never feel that you might break it if you handle it with force.

I am yet to insert a SIM card into the tablet. I am waiting for any 4G sim to be launched in my city. Airtel currently offers only 4G data, which is already there on the Wifi router. Once there is a 4G sim, i will use that and test the speed of the tablet practically.
Old 18th November 2014, 13:37   #1574
BHPian

The screen of my Nexus 7 (old model) has broken. Does anybody know of the approx cost involved to change the screen and where in Delhi NCR can it be done?
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:32   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

One of my relative is returning back from US and was thinking of getting a tablet for my son through them. Which tablet would prove to be cost effective buying from US. I can see a basic difference of Rs 7K between Indian and US prices. But then the tablets bought in US don't come with an international warranty and this would cost additional $50 which means the effective price difference comes down by another 3.5K. So is it worth getting a tab from US. The ones I am specifically interested are
1) Samsung Tab 4 T531
2) google Nexus 9 (but this doesn't come with 3G, only wifi)
3) Ipad Air 2

Advice needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks