Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 20:06   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Please suggest me an Android tablet within budget of 10,000. Can extend by 2-3k more if something good is available.
Old 6th March 2015, 20:29   #1592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please suggest me an Android tablet within budget of 10,000. Can extend by 2-3k more if something good is available.
Nexus-7 2013 Version is awesome product. Its a bit outside the budget you mention, but surely better than buying the other ones. Do think it over.
Old 10th May 2015, 12:23   #1593
BHPian

Looking for reviews on Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666: http://www.micromaxinfo.com/laptab/lt-666/

Looks like a good deal at the price.

It would be used mostly for browsing and online gaming.

Any negatives which would hamper the usability, like slow response screen?
Old 25th May 2015, 14:09   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Looking for reviews on Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666: http://www.micromaxinfo.com/laptab/lt-666/

Looks like a good deal at the price.

It would be used mostly for browsing and online gaming.

Any negatives which would hamper the usability, like slow response screen?
I am also looking to buy a Tab , was looking at MI Pad and Canvas Laptab.

But as you said that this is going to be primarily used for browsing and online gaming and browsing, key board might not be really required and also detaching the Canvas Laptab from the key board seems to be a bit odd.( Source :http://www.windowscentral.com/microm...st-impressions).

Will wait for any members to provide their inputs to finalze.

Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:18   #1595
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung Tab4 10 inch tablet. How can I mirror screen through HDMI?Does MHL work?
Old 11th July 2015, 07:59   #1596
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of buying a Nexus 9. Checked out on amazon but they have only 16 gb wifi variant with them. 32 gb lte version out of stock and they have no idea when it will be back on sale.
Though the pricing of 16 gb ~25,000 looks tempting.

Any reviews about Nexus 9? Is it worth going for? We have a ipad air2 and a asus tablet in our family. Going after anothet ipad in same budget wont be a good idea I guess.

Also except for space difference, any specific reason to not to go for 16GB and the other way around?

When next iteration of Nexus 9 will be released?
Old 13th July 2015, 14:39   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the auto rotate sensors on my Nexus 7 (2013, FHD) has conked. Any good repair place in Bangalore to fix the same?
Old 20th July 2015, 10:29   #1598
BHPian

Need help for my next tablet. My nexus 7 died a couple of weeks ago.

Uses: Watch movies (HD), TV shows (1-2 hours a day), run a torrent client - which will probably run all night, light browsing and facebook.

I always had the MI pad in the back of my mind (high res screen, MIUI, great build), but on second thoughts, the 4:3 aspect ratio is good for reading and not movies. The 7.9 inch screen provides only about 6.3" width.

I considered the newly launched Galaxy Tab E (9.6", 16:10 aspect, HD screen) for a while, but it feels a tad overpriced (17K) for the specs. Screen is supposed to be mediocre (viewing angles), unheard of chipset and only kitkat at launch (no hope for lollipop). The 9.6 inch screen provides about 8.2" width.

Latest is the fondness list is the Micromax Laptab (http://www.amazon.in/Micromax-Canvas.../dp/B00WJPUDCE), but not sold to it yet. I find a lot of advantages - 2GB RAM, Windows 8.1 (10). And OS updates would be fast as you can do it yourself and need not wait for the manufacturer to release updates. Plus you get to install all windows software. Its excellent VFM at 15K which includes the dock. The downside (and a huge one at that) is the weight - 1.1kg. Not that I intend to carry it around (it would remain at home), but I like lighter gadgets. The 10.1 inch screen provides about 8.6" width.

Now, what are the other options I should be looking at? Apart from Samsung, Lenovo and a few cheaper brands, I don't find many mainstream manufacturers active in the tablet space. Budget is 10-15K extendable to 20K for something very special.

Last edited by civic-sense : 20th July 2015 at 10:32.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:58   #1599
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am thinking of buying a Nexus 9. Checked out on amazon but they have only 16 gb wifi variant with them. 32 gb lte version out of stock and they have no idea when it will be back on sale.
Though the pricing of 16 gb ~25,000 looks tempting.

Any reviews about Nexus 9? Is it worth going for? We have a ipad air2 and a asus tablet in our family. Going after anothet ipad in same budget wont be a good idea I guess.

Also except for space difference, any specific reason to not to go for 16GB and the other way around?

When next iteration of Nexus 9 will be released?
Why not Mi Pad?
http://www.mi.com/in/mipad/
Almost the same specs (if I am not mistaken even the processor is same) at half the price.
however, the screen size is 8"

Last edited by mxx : 21st July 2015 at 15:01.
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:21   #1600
BHPian

Looking for some reviews for Acer 2-in-1 device S1001 -

Seems to be a good deal @13k - http://www.flipkart.com/acer-s1001-i...ME8PF5FY4MXBZJ
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:37   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Looking for some reviews for Acer 2-in-1 device S1001 -

Seems to be a good deal @13k - http://www.flipkart.com/acer-s1001-i...ME8PF5FY4MXBZJ
Acer is a good brand in computers. I have a 2007 Acer laptop which is still in full working condition whereas an expensive Lenovo Y50-70 laptop bought around 6-7 months already given up on build quality front. hinges went loose, bottom cover got broken without any accidental impact, keyboard feel fragile, screen produces terrible colors. Chinese brands will remain Chinese.

There is another good substitute of this 2 in i device by Asus: http://www.flipkart.com/asus-eeebook...ME8PF5FY4MXBZJ
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:03   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post

There is another good substitute of this 2 in i device by Asus: http://www.flipkart.com/asus-eeebook...ME8PF5FY4MXBZJ
Thanks for your inputs. Asus is a great brand, however, the reason I am liking the Acer device is - it can double up as a tablet too; at a lower pricepoint of 12.5k effectively.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:06   #1603
BHPian

Any users of iBall Slide Blade X1 (seems like a copy of Lenovo Yoga 2 but with a 10" screen)? Plenty of positive reviews on FK. How do the users here feel about its performance/durablity?

Thanks

P
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:13   #1604
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LTE in an impulsive buy. It does fairly good in the tasks I put it to..mostly office/business related. Screen is the same size as the Dell E7240.
But then, I somehow find the Surface 3 appealing.
Both are light, have a Stylus input option and bluetooth keyboard dock etc.

Question - is it better than the Note Pro I am using? I am a bit tossed. is it a worthy consideration to switch to the Surface 3? do you suggest I let this moment pass away and continue with the Note Pro?

I have a buyer for the Note Pro and have to make a quick decision. all suggestions are welcome.
Old 4th August 2015, 10:02   #1605
Senior - BHPian

I am considering the MI pad tablet. Is it necessary to have a scratch guard on same since it's suppose to have gorilla glass ?

Thanks.

Most Viewed