Team-BHP - Help in Bargaining
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Help in Bargaining (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/10064-help-bargaining.html)

Hi Friends,

I saw an ad in TOI today that there is a discount on Fusion.

I test drove Fusion a few months ago. Though I was impressed with the car, the price put me off.

I called Metro ford today and the sales guy says the best deal is on Fusion+

Prices:
Fusion (Basic) : 5.59 (Ex Show room) and 6.48 (OR)
Fusion+ : 6.1 (Ex Show room) and 7.00 (OR) - This version comes with Alloys etc.

I am again considering Fusion+. ( BTW: even with these discounts, Fusion+ is very near to Fiesta 1.6 in terms of price)

I never had a chance to bargain at car dealerships in India. I need some tips..

What all discounts can I cask for? What more accessories can I ask etc..

Thanks..

the price u have is so much better than what i was quoted for the fusion i was given rs. 9.5 laks for it some time last year. i have just booked a city as well and honda is so cheap they cant even give a asimo doll free for which my girlfriend has been going on forever. i mean they need to know how to make people happy now really. arent fusions going for 5+ laks now ??? btw

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisecontrol

What all discounts can I cask for? What more accessories can I ask etc..

Thanks..

Whats the discount they are offering now? I dont remember the prices of ESP & OTR. I remember they offered a flat discount of Rs.1.25 L on OTR prices before the fiesta was launched. I guess they brought down the discount later though not sure about the figures

Please specify your needs.....
If u want efficiency:
In 7 lacs u can go in for a accent CRDi (test drive n i doubt u will ever forget the punch it gives) if u daily drive 50+ kms....
Or NHC if are only a small distance city commuter....

Ford Fusion somehow always has been overpriced....even with discounts 7lacs ...

If u're getting the Fusion+ with ABS, airbags,etc... for 7 lakhs , think twice before u decide.

The price of Fusion should come down and this car never got to selling well. Maybe you can negotiate to get insurance, seat covers, stereo etc in the deal for the price mentioned to you. Many a time dealers tend to throw in these freebee's to prevail on undecided/unsure customers. Also, better to talk about another brand of car (which u can tell them u are considering/planning on buying), and never ever show too much enthusiasm in the product u really wanna buy. if you do then ,thats the key for them for what we say they got you hook line and sinker and then they just reel you in!!

The best way to bargain in car showrooms is:

I am ready to close the deal ASAP, and have a better offer from your competitor.

BTW, I had got an offer of 5.8 lacs on the road for the base Fusion in Mumbai.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
BTW, I had got an offer of 5.8 lacs on the road for the base Fusion in Mumbai.
GTO

This is the best deal I have heard.
I think at 5.8 laks, its definately worth it.

Does this also indicate that one can get a 2005 used Fusion for about 4.00 - 4.25 for the base version ?

take printed estimates of the best/final offer from dealers in/around your area. helps if the dealer(s) provide you with a printed copy on their official stationery.

compare them.

carry them with you when you start your final buying process and ask the concerned dealer to better/match the lowest price offered.
as GTO mentioned earlier....
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
I am ready to close the deal ASAP, and have a better offer from your competitor.

here, in the US we have additional help in the form of Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, Car.com, etc. don't know if any such support is available in India yet.

Here is my two bits on tips (sorry abt the tacky lingo haha)
Make a couple of phone calls to other dealers in your city AND other citys...get the best price possible...then go back to your deal as him for wat his best price is...if he is not budging more tell him the best offer u have got from the others and then ask him to take it or leave it.No need to show him written estimates just do it all over the phone, dont waste time in going down thr and showing him how intrested u r.
Not sure abt how u r going to pay but tell him u will take financing from his company (i think they give u 4% discount right thr on the amount) and tell him u will give him the booking amount on the spot.
Just think your shopping on fashion street ;-)