Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 19:03   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
oh well. No you didnt. I missed that the Nano has completed a year in my garage too. I should schedule an appointment for the 1 year service too. ....will try to see if I can get the beadings from the 2012 version
Yours had taken a ride to Kaas right ? Let us know about your experience on 1 year service, cost & beading details here. Are they giving us free left side mirror ?
Old 27th June 2012, 19:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yours had taken a ride to Kaas right ? Let us know about your experience on 1 year service, cost & beading details here. Are they giving us free left side mirror ?
No, I had taken my Jazz to Kaas as we had 5 people and 1 of them was using a car seat! I think silverado's nano went to Kaas. Our nano went to Mahabaleshwar last April.

Will update you on this service and whether they are willing to part with that beading to existing customers. I dont think they will give the left ORVM for free, but I dont mind even if they charge for it. It is very essential.

I should remember to take my service booklet to save money!

Last edited by selfdrive : 27th June 2012 at 19:25.
Old 27th June 2012, 19:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
.....I dont think they will give the left ORVM for free, but I dont mind even if they charge for it. It is very essential.....
I had never driven without left ORVM until I bought nano. Now I am almost used to it. Got an extra wide centre mirror to compensate that, but it came off in 2 parts when it was parked somewhere in the heat for 2 hours !!! So much for the chinese quality
Old 21st August 2012, 16:59   #139
BHPian

I am planning to get the Nano LX Yellow in Oct with fulll down payment.
I really like the features and space that it offers.
It will be mainly for city use with a rare trip on the highway.

But some people(who have never driven nano) are suggesting me to go for an alto, which I will not be able to buy without a loan.

They are citing reasons for alto like boot space, better brakes, better safety and better on highway if need be.

I am confused please help, BTW I feel alto is very less on space compared to nano.
people who have driven alto as well as nano share your views to get better perspective.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawald3 View Post
I am confused please help, BTW I feel alto is very less on space compared to nano.
people who have driven alto as well as nano share your views to get better perspective.
I have left my comments on the pages earlier. I think apart from the MUL badge and may be a slightly better engineering, Nano is definitely much higher VFM!

I say go for Nano.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 18:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

yeah, we have discussed this and compared with Alto in the previous pages.
Edit: let me also update you that Tata was offering buyback of Nano 2011 make around 80K (4 k kms).

Quote:
They are citing reasons for alto like boot space, better brakes, better safety and better on highway if need be.
why do they say this? I dont think the Alto comes with ABS/ airbags either. Just perception perhaps?

Last edited by selfdrive : 21st August 2012 at 19:17.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:50   #142
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get the Nano LX Yellow in Oct with fulll down payment.
I do not own either of them but I have driven Alto 800, Alto K10, and Nano for a couple of short distances within city. While K10 is absolutely fun to drive, my recommendation for a City hatch goes to Nano. It has sheer amount of space, engine is peppy (upto city speeds - 70 - 80 kmph), 4 years warranty is nice to have, real life FE of 20+, and it can be parked anywhere.
If you are not against buying a used car, try to look for a 7-8 months old (2012 model) Nano CX or LX and you shall be able to get one for approx. 1.5-1.6 lac hence saving a cool 30-35% of the cost of new Nano.

Last edited by infotech58 : 21st August 2012 at 18:51.
Old 21st August 2012, 19:41   #143
Senior - BHPian

During my recent trip to Ooty, I have seen atleast 4 to 5 Nanos. Initially I was surprised, since the roads were all steep and how can a 600+cc can do such stunts. But believe me, it was going around without any issues. Infact, I saw some of the very steep & narrow roads where only a 2 wheeler would easily do, these nano was moving around.

So, do not underestimate the vehicle. it does have good utility factor and surely a VFM...
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:42   #144

I now own a nano for a month and have done already 2000km on it. It still amazes me each day i take her out. I did one trichy-chennai(330) driverway even before 1st service and kept the speed at 70. She returned an amazing fuel efficiency of 29kmpl with ac at point 2 all the way. People who just laughed at my idea of buying nano few months back, when i ask them to sit in the car for a drive...they go looking at the space, she has to offer for four.

Neat package and easy to drive around & park in city. I love her so much today, and not a minute i regret my decision. Starting tomo, i have planned to take her on a 2300 km trip over the next week.
sramven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:38   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramven View Post
I now own a nano for a month and have done already 2000km on it. It still amazes me each day i take her out. I did one trichy-chennai(330) driverway even before 1st service and kept the speed at 70. She returned an amazing fuel efficiency of 29kmpl with ac at point 2 all the way. People who just laughed at my idea of buying nano few months back, when i ask them to sit in the car for a drive...they go looking at the space, she has to offer for four.

Neat package and easy to drive around & park in city. I love her so much today, and not a minute i regret my decision. Starting tomo, i have planned to take her on a 2300 km trip over the next week.
I am facing the same situation here, every one is ridiculing me over my choice

but no one has been in a Nano yet and give expert opinions on not buying it

29 kmpl is great, great for the pocket and the environment too.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:03   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing the same situation here, every one is ridiculing me over my choice

but no one has been in a Nano yet and give expert opinions on not buying it

29 kmpl is great, great for the pocket and the environment too.
Dhawal, I currently use a Nano (Owned by a friend). I prefer it over the Vista when I am driving within the city. It is very comfortable, does have a boot (with space enough to put in two cabin size bags). Pulls comfortably ( i have had 6 adults in the car and we drove up some flyovers without hassle). It also has an amazing FE of 18+ with AC in the city. I have done a Pune-Mumbai drive on the expressway and back via the old highway.
It is an amazing vehicle. Go ahead, I am sure you wont regret.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 10:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

I see quite a few nanos on the road these days, even on the highways. Saw about half a dozen of them in Ooty as well, with local number plates.

I was at the Concorde Motors a few months ago with a friend who wanted to buy a n Indigo. Saw a nano on display and checked it out . It is quite roomy and nice inside, though I am yet to drive one. The show room guy said they are selling 3 - 4 nanos a day on average.
Old 24th August 2012, 11:52   #148
BHPian

Even today when I was at a signal, the guy on a bike next to me asked me about the car - and I could see his appreciative glances.

A couple of kms later, another guy on a bike lifted his visor off his helmet and smiled at me after giving my Nano a good look-see.

There was a time when I was laughed at for buying the car. Now the same guys are grudgingly acknowledging the car and my decision.

Cheers for Nano.
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 15:09   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Dhawal, I currently use a Nano (Owned by a friend). I prefer it over the Vista when I am driving within the city. It is very comfortable, does have a boot (with space enough to put in two cabin size bags).
I have seen the space in the boot which is quite good, people who say it is very small should think off all the hatchbacks in Delhi, Ahmadabad which have CNG and there is no boot space left at all, you cannot even keep a large ladies purse in it.
Old 24th August 2012, 15:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

An interesting read

Why you shouldn

The 2012 Nano does seem a great buy.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks