Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 17:31   #286
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano vs Maruti Alto vs Chevrolet Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Need your views pl.
Is it worth to sell my 8 years old Santro XP (1994 Aug) done only 26K KM and buy a new Nano car?
Since I have a another car ( Cedia) this Santro/Nano will be used only in city.
How much I will get for Santro?
You should give your reasons and priorities on why you want to do that, for the informed BHP-ians to help you.

Also have a look at this excellent article from GTO http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

I sold my 9 year old Fiat Palio (55K Km) and booked a Nano mainly to control my Fuel expenses and maintenance costs. There are always other benefits like maneuverability, ease of parking which finally helped us to take the decision.

Last edited by rknair : 10th December 2012 at 17:46. Reason: Added my example.
Old 10th December 2012, 17:32   #287
VMG
BHPian

Sorry, it is 2004 model; 8 years old
Old 10th December 2012, 18:31   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Need your views pl.
Is it worth to sell my 8 years old Santro XP (1994 Aug) done only 26K KM and buy a new Nano car?
Since I have a another car ( Cedia) this Santro/Nano will be used only in city.
How much I will get for Santro?
I sold my 9 year old Santro (Xing, second owner, > 80k kms) for Rs. 80000/- plus exchange bonus Rs. 30000 on a new Nano. So total benefit I derived is Rs. 110000/-

Compared to the Santro, I am saving > 1k every month on my fuel bills, while not missing any of the comforts (the seat is a tad narrower, but what the heck!).

If you are fed up with the Santro (because it's old and you want to upgrade), go for it.

However, if you were to use your head, think how many more years you want to own the Santro. Since it's about 8 years old, the loan has already been paid off (if there was any). So if it's in good running condition with all features working as they should, and you don't use it every day (like I do), keep it and don't think of exchanging it.

If you use the car everyday and saving on the fuel costs is important to you, by all means consider exchanging it for a Nano. You should get nearly 1L or thereabouts from the dealer (or more if you scout around for buyers).
Old 11th December 2012, 10:55   #289
VMG
BHPian

Thanks all of you for your feedback.

I have decided to keep the Santro for some more years (2 or 3) then I will think about changing.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:26   #290
BHPian

TATA Nano Twist or Hyundai Eon D-Lite+?

Hi,

Which of these would be a better 2nd car for short city runs?

The Nano Twist seems to be be loaded with a bunch of features this model of Eon lacks - central locking, front power windows, music system, antenna, tinted glasses, fog lights, LVRM, keyless entry and a power socket among others. The Nano lacks day-light rear view mirror, engine immobilizer and the larger boot.

The sound in Nano seems to be a considerable factor, apart from the so called niggles and service issues. The Eon on the other hand sounds a proper car but is cramped in comparison. The Nano scores on fuel efficiency.

With the Eon costing about 60K more than the Nano Twist after all offers and exchange bonuses, what would be the right choice?

Thanks.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:55   #291
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA Nano Twist or Hyundai Eon D-Lite+?

I would say, pick up Tata Nano. the service issues are not bad as they used to be - Tata is sure improving in many areas.
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 12:57   #292
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My vote for Nano twist as ASS is the only department where people were going away from tata. Now that also seems to have improved. They looked professional when I took my car last year.
ottocycle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:01   #293
BHPian

Even I would recommend a Nano.
My dad has been driving a Nano for almost 2 years now and is happy with it.
No issues at all .
praveen_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:01   #294
Senior - BHPian

Nano is what gets my vote. A second car and has the necessary bells and whistles and should be cheaper to maintain than the Eon.
dass is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:16   #295
BHPian

I'd say go for the tata nano since its a second car meant to be used in the city. You won't be needing much space and that could be managed with your primary car. Even Nano's backseat can be utilised to make up for the poor boot space. Paying 60k more for a hyundai eon just doesn't make sense. Nano twist is a joy to drive in the city and you won't find anything easier to park. Did you consider Datsun Go if space was a priority?

Thanks
Sunny
Autodoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:20   #296
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the Nano too, because it is your second car and can still transport you and a few others around in comfort. Since this is only going to be used within the city and depending on when you plan on buying the car, I'd suggest waiting for the Nano AMT if it is out by the first quarter of next year (IMHO only, no evidence/inside information).

We could probably add a poll to this thread too.

Last edited by VeluM : 14th October 2014 at 13:21.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:29   #297
BHPian

I would also say go for the Nano

Apart from the 60k cost saving , it will also bring in enormous saving in 3-4 years ownership terms.

TATA NANO with EXW and AMC(if available) will be another substantial saving for sure.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2014 at 14:30. Reason: Typos
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:56   #298
Team-BHP Support

Second car for city use? Nano wins that contest hands-down. The current-spec Nano has decent features to keep you happy. If you can (and want), wait for the rumored AMT model launch.

The decently-loaded Nano at nearly 50-60k (that's roughly a year's worth of Petrol assuming 1000 km/month and 15kmpl mileage, BTW) cheaper makes a lot more sense than the DLite+ variant Eon. Tata A.S.S. is getting better (as told by friends/acquaintances who own tata vehicles), and it also helps that the Nano is a simple car with nothing much to go wrong in the first place. Hyundai A.S.S. is horrendously expensive (both parts and labor, I'm suffering first-hand) and service quality is nothing to write home about either (may be dealer-specific though), so it's not really a deal-breaker point anymore.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2014 at 14:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 14:02   #299
BHPian

Blindly go for a Nano, as the 60K Rupee difference could compensate roughly for an year on your fuel bill. and on an annual basis Nano will save you money on Insurance and service cost too.
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 16:58   #300
D4D
BHPian

I think Tata Nano is a better choice since it's cheaper, smaller, spacious and very efficient. It's an ideal city car and does it's job more than satisfactorily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
The sound in Nano seems to be a considerable factor, apart from the so called niggles and service issues.
The sound in the Nano is due to it's 2 cylinder engine. Nothing can be done about it.
I haven't heard of niggles at all in the Nano. (Except maybe some panel coming off)
ASS is improving as per reports of many BHPians. And they should be improving fast considering they consider the Zest and the Bolt as their bread and butter cars for the next few years.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks