Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 17:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I buy a Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
.....tough time controlling it in the traffic considering how zippy it is.
I loved the yellow color and the spacious interior. I can ignore everything else and be happy with these two. As of now, its less than 1% chance of going out of Bangalore city limits and we have a max permitted speed of 80 kmph. I used to enjoy my 1.6 L engine only on high-way, so I am assuming Nano should be a perfect match for the city use, especially when I am preferring to be a passenger for sometime. Happy to be driven around !!
Old 26th May 2011, 18:32   #92
BHPian

Congrats Jay ! Happy zippy-ing in the sunshine yellow cutie.

@ MileCruncher: Zippy it is for sure. What I loved the most was when I took a u-turn in the space without reversing where my Indica needs to reverse for sure

(My cousin who bought this beauty home 3 months ago is one happy person with the change from his old M800 and that not only includes space but the chilling AC too)
Old 26th May 2011, 18:37   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Finally I have booked my sunshine yellow today ! Its in transit, so delivery is expected 1st week of June. My 'Khushiyon ki chaabi' is more waiting excitement than my first car 7 years back Not planning to add anything to the stock other than the body cover as of now.
Congratulations

Once the car comes, please arrange for a photoshoot of your INDIAN PEOPLE's CAR and my GERMAN PEOPLE's CAR

Let me put your photographic skills to test.

BTW, Both are YELLOW...

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 26th May 2011 at 18:40.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:50   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congratulations
Once the car comes, please arrange for a photoshoot of your INDIAN PEOPLE's CAR and my GERMAN PEOPLE's CAR
Thanks. Thats a terrific idea buddy, will surely do that. You find the location (preferably around our area itself), I will bring the 'Indian People' to the meet, we can title the event as 'When the Germans met Indians....' !!!
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 18:27   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I have booked my sunshine yellow today ! Its in transit, so delivery is expected 1st week of June. My 'Khushiyon ki chaabi' is more waiting excitement than my first car 7 years back Not planning to add anything to the stock other than the body cover as of now.
Many many congrats for the "Khushiyon ki Chaabi". May it unlock lots of wonderful miles for you.
Nano is a perfect choice for city use. And it is futile as well as disrespecting to the wonder car to compare it with the others. Its in a league of itself and it should be respected for what all it offers. Its a wonderful vehicle and once you sit inside, you are spoiled by the oodles of space.
Old 27th May 2011, 18:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I loved the yellow color and the spacious interior. I can ignore everything else and be happy with these two. As of now, its less than 1% chance of going out of Bangalore city limits and we have a max permitted speed of 80 kmph. I used to enjoy my 1.6 L engine only on high-way, so I am assuming Nano should be a perfect match for the city use, especially when I am preferring to be a passenger for sometime. Happy to be driven around !!
Hearty congratulations shajufx; I am sure you will have a wide grin plastered over your face everytime you zip around town and park so quickly! I wish you many a safe mile together

It is really so amazing to recline the passenger seat and relax while being driven around
Old 27th May 2011, 18:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Many many congrats for the "Khushiyon ki Chaabi". .......
Thanks guys (justwheels and selfdrive). I am sure I will be in love with this small wonder.

Sales guy gave me a long list of accessories, but I think the basic things required are ;

1) Body cover (because our usage is mostly weekends)
2) Mud flaps
3) Floor mats

Do you guys think anything else is absolute necessity ? I am not even thinking about music system in the nano, just because its never intended to be outside city limits. I still consider the ICEing done in my previous car went waste because it was never used to its potential even on highway drives.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th May 2011 at 18:44.
Old 27th May 2011, 20:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

I am sure I will be in love with this small wonder.

# Yes it will surely bring a smile on ur face and you will be amazed by all the attention!

1) Body cover (because our usage is mostly weekends) _ absolute must, ti fits nicely and is of good quality

2) Mud flaps - make sure they fit them properly since i have seen they fit it happazardly.

3) Floor mats
4) Go for Sun visor organiser - 75 rs only and worth it.
5) Remote locking/security system TKE 2180 4A , its good and comes with internal sensors.

Also Nano orginal neck rests are very good, get them for sure
Old 27th May 2011, 21:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
So you should be the best person to comment about the 'real' mileage. I hear very different figures from all over the net. Some claim 25 kmpl, some reports just 12 kms, whats your personal figure with AC and without ?

If Nano gives a mileage of 25+ at a speed control of 40-60 kmph, I can ask the Tata guys to lower the auto-cut-off point from 105 to 60 for my wife ! End of the day I pay for the fuel
I use the nano with AC only. I cover 30 kms up and 30 km down everyday. There are five signals in one way. Road is good. Little bit blocks of 5 minutes may be there.

My nano consistently gives 19 - 20 Kms per litre under the above circumstances.

On long trips, it gives around 21 kmpl.

These are reliable mileage figures and matches with what tata claims (23+ kms).

Quote:
Thanks guys (justwheels and selfdrive). I am sure I will be in love with this small wonder.

Sales guy gave me a long list of accessories, but I think the basic things required are ;

1) Body cover (because our usage is mostly weekends)
2) Mud flaps
3) Floor mats

Do you guys think anything else is absolute necessity ? I am not even thinking about music system in the nano, just because its never intended to be outside city limits. I still consider the ICEing done in my previous car went waste because it was never used to its potential even on highway drives.
Congrats on your right choice. If you do the Teflon coating at the time of buying, then your sunshine yellow color will stay fresh for years to come.
2-3 thousands are worth. Insist that the teflon coating to be done by standard companies like 3M and demand their warantee card. Many good companies offer 3 free coats within a period of one year.

I have seen some people postponing the teflon coating to the first service. NEVER NEVER postpone the teflon coating. It should be done when your car paint is fresh. Once dust, grease etc stick, any kind of washing will not be perfect.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd June 2011 at 13:38. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Plz use the Edit function of posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:52   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
....Go for Sun visor organiser - 75 rs only and worth it.
Remote locking/security system TKE 2180 4A...
Nano orginal neck rests are very good, get them for sure
Thanks for the suggestions, I dont think I will get any of these quoted items right now. This is my 5th car in 8 years and I have never done any mods without driving the stock condition atleast for a month. Thats to personally spot whats actually needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
...... If you do the Teflon coating at the time of buying, then your sunshine yellow color will stay fresh for years to come.......
If you saw my recently sold 22 months old Fiesta (morello color), you would never recommend me a teflon coat ! Because I love to maintain my things like showroom condition, sparkling new. A covered car parking and just weekend usage will definitely keep any vehicle like brand new, on top of that I always keep cars covered when not in use.

Some other nano thread I read someone got remote locking and 3M window films as freebies. Not sure if there is any chance of bargaining for that. I will never say NO to freebies
Old 27th May 2011, 22:21   #101
Team-BHP Support

We too are looking forward for two city run abouts and are waiting for Nano D to be out.
What we are apprehensive of is the pricing. If its even 50K lesser than an Indica D, an Indica would be a better Car, though not as maneuverable as the nimble Nano in city runs.

The Car won't literally never see the highway.

With A/C and full on commute, what FE can be expected from Nano CX, the current petrol one.
Old 28th May 2011, 09:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some other nano thread I read someone got remote locking and 3M window films as freebies. Not sure if there is any chance of bargaining for that. I will never say NO to freebies
I got Insurance free and 7K worth of accessories which I used to get central locking, mud flaps, foot mats and seat covers. I got the Nano neck rests also as complimentary.

All the best in bargaining!
Old 28th May 2011, 11:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I got Insurance free and 7K worth of accessories .......I got the Nano neck rests also as complimentary.......
I got insurance free (5921) and this month they dont seem to have any other offers. Its a thin chance of expecting anything else and I am very bad in bargaining, wifee is very good at it but she is not part of any of these communications. She is capable of bargaining an extra engine for free
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:21   #104
BHPian

Another week gone without me doing anything on this

Got my wife to TD a Nano. She liked the roominess and ease in turning and parking. The preference now goes like this Alto > Spark > Nano.

As someone mentioned in the previous posts, from purely economics point of view, Nano OTR is 2.3 in Pune now, Alto K10 LXi is 3.3 and Spark LS is 3.5 (not considering any discounts). This is a margin of a lakh of rupees, that would buy me petrol for next 5 years.

On the other thought, if I extend economics argument further, why not a resale M800? Truevalue is selling 2005 model for around 1.4 lakhs. You guys think its worth that much money - for a 6+ yrs old car? Or can I get the similar config somewhere else cheaper? Am in a big dilemma and have to decide something latest by this weekend before schools reopen.

Last edited by advaitlele : 2nd June 2011 at 12:23. Reason: edited ranking preference
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Got my wife to TD a Nano. She liked the roominess and ease in turning and parking. The preference now goes like this Alto > Spark > Nano.

As someone mentioned in the previous posts, from purely economics point of view, Nano OTR is 2.3 in Pune now, Alto K10 LXi is 3.3 and Spark LS is 3.5 (not considering any discounts). This is a margin of a lakh of rupees, that would buy me petrol for next 5 years.
As an existing owner (actually the wife will dispute this as she hardly lets me drive it!), I would vote for the Nano. I have driven the Alto and it was not very convincing. While I havent driven the Spark, space/ room seemed to be a bit tight. I have already sung hosannas for the Nano in my earlier posts so will spare you an encore!

Also, you can save 20K more if you go for the CX model; the top end only offers some more features like power windows and fog lamps which may be dispensable. IMHO, there isnt enough days of fog in Pune to warrant fog lamps, and power windows can be a nuisance with kids around (assuming they will travel as you mentioned schools)

Mods: Perhaps this thread should be renamed as What city hatchback? or Alto/ Spark/ Nano or what car budget 3.5L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks