Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra DCi Premium (or) Ford Figo Titanium Diesel for a recently married co

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
in the above "their" refers to Renault or Nissan?
Good question. But again I could not share the fact as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Why dont they offer both airbags on the Micra diesel top end? At that price, it should be affordable to do that. Or is it a design limitation?
only Micra XV has dual airbags.
I could not get the strategy why was it so.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra DCi Premium (or) Ford Figo Titanium Diesel for a recently married co

As a total package I would pick the Figo. But if you are inclined to a premium hatch, the Micra is the way to go. The TCO should be lesser for the Figo as well, but if you are looking at the exclusivity, then Micra for you.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd June 2011 at 20:23.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:24   #18
BHPian

Figo has a stable ride in highways (@ 120-140 kmph with 185/65R14 tyres)

Haven't driven a Micra at such speeds but be sure to check if you are driving B'lore - Chennai.

Music system is slightly better in Figo.

Usable boot space is more in Figo.

AC is super chilling in Figo to an extent that i have to switch it off or turn the knob towards "red zone" frequently.

Pete's costs 45K for Figo. I believe its way less for the 1.5 dCi.

Figo engine is a Peugeot design made by Ford-Peugeot JV. Lineage wise it is more or less equal to Renault engine.

I had a small issue (steering noise) & the support from Ford SC & CC is reassuring. Fix OE alloys otherwise your suspension/steering warranty is gone (If you decide on a Figo)

Since Micra costs more, my suggestion is to save the change & go for better tyres/sunfilms/stanley seats etc on a Figo.

Except black all other colours look feminine on a Micra (Personal opinion) Black Micra with black alloys, wider tyres & dark tints will look good (Again personal opinion)

Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:46   #19
BHPian

A poll for the same could have helped you aswell. I believe Figo is the way to go since the baby Ford is such a VFM proposition.
Micra is priced too high, service network is wafer thin and ABS is conspicuously absent.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:44   #20
BHPian

I have driven Figo extensively and have not driven the micra yet. If I have to base my vote on my Figo experience and what I have read about micra, I would recommend Figo.

You seem to be making one or two Chennai-Bangalore trips every month and I feel ABS/Airbags are important safety equipments for highway driving. In addition to that, the handling and steering of Figo are among the best in the class and it is really confidence inspiring. I have done lot of Chennai-Trichy drives in Figo and I love Figo's handling, steering feedback and the stability at high speeds. Of course, Figo has its share of small niggles as shared by fellow bhpins but it is a well built car which can put a smile on your face at the end of each drive.
Old 24th June 2011, 08:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Dear Friends,

Figo:
2.) Fully loaded with ABS and Airbags
Dislikes
1.) Bland looks
2.) Too common on Chennai roads
3.) Turbo-lag when compared to the Nissan DCi
4.) Found the ride quality to be harsh on bad roads.
5.) Too many rattles on the test drive car.
Fun to drive, the Figo absolutely beats any car, given a corner, it simply glides into it. It becomes addictive to punch corners in a Figo.

Bland looks: Buy a White Figo and get some Fog lamps, and you have a mean looking machine. [You could afford this and a bit more for the Micra price ]

Not sure about the Turbo lag I drive a Petrol

Ride is really good on the Figo, not sure how you disliked it. Yes probably on the stiffer side, but will surely instill some confidence.

Rattles yes. Had one on my right rear door sometime back. But their support is more than good enough in solving these. Liked the Ford after sales. And is very cost effective.

The *** for the Micra is sure going to improve with Renault also planning operations with them, so 5 years down, it still would be a good sell off for your Micra, but somehow buying it now doesn't sound good to me.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post

Rattles yes. Had one on my right rear door sometime back. But their support is more than good enough in solving these. Liked the Ford after sales. And is very cost effective.

I haven't been to the service center yet (first service due next month) - but there are a few rattles now when the car rolls or goes over a bump etc. (coming from inside the car) - audible only at very quite times of the day when music is off.

The Dealership guys have been calling me almost every week about how the car is, whether I'm satisfied, whether there is anything more they can do etc.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Micra is priced too high, service network is wafer thin and ABS is conspicuously absent.
I thought only the passenger airbag was missing in the top end diesel. Does it not have ABS too? What a shame! Does Nissan think that top end diesel purchasers dont care for ABS or for their fellow front passenger's safety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
The Dealership guys have been calling me almost every week about how the car is, whether I'm satisfied, whether there is anything more they can do etc.
This is good work by the dealer; it seems this is being initiated and maintained by Ford. A good way to ensure the existing owners that Ford cares about them too and not about prospective sales only. After all most of the sales in India are by word of mouth/ recommendation by existing owners.

I have lost count of the number of people I have recommended the Nano too; at signals, petrol pumps, parking lots, restaurants. Everyone wants to talk to a Nano owner. In contrast nobody talks to me when I drive the Jazz; I must seem like a snob?
Old 24th June 2011, 12:18   #24
BHPian

Why are you considering only the Figo and the Micra? Don't we all know there are better diesel hatches in the price bracket you've mentioned?

Just wondering why the span is so narrow!
Old 24th June 2011, 14:02   #25
BHPian

@Geo_Ipe

All cars in the price band is more or less equal. The price & features balance each other out.

There comes in the personal preference.

When I was looking for a car 2 months back i had only Beat/Figo in my mind.

The thread starter has clearly mentioned not to suggest any other cars.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:47   #26
BHPian

I own a figo diesel and I was waiting out to see how other figo owners respond. I agree with most of the owners about what they have said. My experience is no different.

Difference is I have TD'd the nissan micra diesel (albeit after buying a figo) This is what I found
  1. The looks are bland and I dislike the frog eyes.
  2. Engine OK OK. No outright performance but the light weight car, combined with good gearing, makes it a breeze to drive in the city. Yeah and no turbo lag. Peppy but Figo is equally comparable.
  3. Suspension is good. Highways and speeds upto 100kmph also not a trouble. Patched surfaces are known inside the cabin and somewhat intrusive
  4. Nice noise insulation and better than Figo
  5. Light Grey plastic looks cheap but feel wise it is better.
  6. Space is big let down. Boot is smaller. Car is smaller.
  7. Seat not so good. Would have loved cushioning in many places. Wider seat also needed. Long drives are going to be tiresome since the underthigh support is less.
  8. Features are less other than start stop and keyless entry which are cool.
  9. AC control in figo looks like it is from previous century when compared to nissan top end version.
  10. Steering is stupid (no feedback and feels toy car like) Corners are not at all confident inspiring in the car when compared to Figo.

I had the figo already when I went for the TD so I was at all time comparing the Baby nissan with Baby Ford. When i finished TD I was satisified that I had taken a Figo
(Although micra dci was not launched when I bought my Figo and so was not an option).
Old 24th June 2011, 15:29   #27
BHPian

Simply for the ABS advantage of the Figo over the Micra, I would go for it. In real world usage (read rain, stray dogs, pedestrians), they serve a far more utility! And its not something you can fit from any aftermarket entity.

And plus, the big car feel is much more evident in the Figo (scaled down Fiesta). In all, I would anyday buy a slightly fun-to-drive car over a bland one. This is from the experience of driving around in an i10. After a couple of months, the light steering really starts to irritate you and you are just left staring at Figos and Swifts on the road, knowing how much more fun they are to drive.

This thread would have a lot of Figo owners recommending the Figo and Micra owners recommending the Micra, but from a neutral stand point, I think the Figo is the choice!
Old 24th June 2011, 20:01   #28
BHPian

Just drove the Micra today morning, and was stunned with the engine response. It never felt like a diesel car. The noise level too was much lesser than my own Ritz VDI.

I am very impressed with on road performance of the car. Driving it was fun as I felt ZERO lag. And since it is coming from the house of "NISSAN" reliability should not be a concern. The only let down was the interiors which as per me were very dull.
Old 25th June 2011, 13:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

go for the Micro Vinod - Nissan is leagues ahead of ford in engine design. I already see many on the road so resale should not be an issue..
Old 25th June 2011, 23:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
go for the Micro Vinod - Nissan is leagues ahead of ford in engine design. I already see many on the road so resale should not be an issue..
The nissan engines are leagues ahead of Ford in engine design but their 1.5Dci motor is pretty old school like the Ford. I have not checked the specific output or power to weight ratio etc but I feel 1.4TDCi producing 69bhp should be better than 64bhp yielding 1.5dci. Just my thought.

I think construction wise also the engines are similar.

Nissans are not known for their resale value in India. And with 1500 vehicles or less selling every month I do not think the resale value is going to be good.
i feel since the cars are costly and the perception with people that the service is going to cost a bomb,resale prices can only go south.

Just my thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks