Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2006, 22:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
A friend of mine wanted me to look for a OHC. I had shown him a 2002 1.3 Delux, october month car done 36000 kms with service records. The car looks neat and has a 10 cd changer. The final price quoted was 4.2 Lakhs. My friend stayed away from the deal at the last moment.

I was thinking whether to sell off my Swift Vxi 2005 model done 10000 kms ( i understand i may lose around 60k) & purchase this OHC.

Just curious to check is there specific advantage that Swift has over OHC?
Wow..you seem to love the OHC a bit too much. Keep the swift buddy. It is brand new and will serve you longer than the OHC. Moreover the asking price for the 1.3 is a bit too much. The swift has a newer better engine.
Old 9th February 2006, 23:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i chucked it and got a new city cvt for 9.5 laks last week.
Do u mean the NHC VTEC??
Old 9th February 2006, 23:21   #18
BHPian

Avoid it, plain & simple. A 1.3 OHC isn't something worth considering at any rate. I wouldn't exchange my car (bought new) for something that is a few years old to begin with. Add the fact that it is a 1.3, then the fact that the owner wants a ridiculous 4.2L for it; then factor in the bottom line - it isn't even in production any more.

Your answer should then be as clear as day. Heck, I'd argue that even an OHC VTEC isn't exactly a great buy - but then only because it is no longer manufactured.
Old 10th February 2006, 10:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
4 laks is a proper price i guess since it is a 2nd hand already. i think hondas are way overpriced. i still missed the black vtec 2003 i was going for in 2005 which was for sale for 6.25. i chucked it and got a new city cvt for 9.5 laks last week.

hey Jesal what should be the right price for both a 2002 as well as a 2003 OHC Vtec in mumbai ?

~A
Old 10th February 2006, 12:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
It was put on the site. It was a beautifully, maintained vehicle.

Here, the dealers don't know what VTEC means and they argue with nonsense. So, :(
Not at all. Dealers know what VTEC means. Just ask them to show you a Vtech for purchase, they will explain you about Vtec to substantiate the price they quote .

In Chennai market, price he quoted seems to a reasonable one for direct purchaser (4.5L). Iam sure he can find buyers for 4.25L. But also keep in mind that selling a second owned car is bit difficult. Best way is to go for ads in Hindu & advertising in car sites

I will give you an example. Wanted to sell off 2000 model Lancer petrol with annual tax registered in company name. Take into account that it has got annual tax & the buyer needs to spend around 30k for converting into LT since it is registered in Companys name.

Dealers here offered me 2L and only one guy stretched it upto 2.25 L. After 2 weeks I sold the car for 2.7 L to a direct buyer. If at all you decide the car to sell it for 4 laksh, don't sell it to dealer. Give it to direct buyer at the same cost with a condition you will fill the details in transfer form.
Old 13th February 2006, 00:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
hey Jesal what should be the right price for both a 2002 as well as a 2003 OHC Vtec in mumbai ?

~A
Well , if you dont mind me answering this :
Here's the quote :
2002 Vtec : 4.25-4.40
2003 Vtec : 4.75-4.90

Most Viewed