Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 16:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

Get a tuscon and a Getz. You will get a large discount so you will be below 20L.
Getz is perfect as it offers better space than swift, though performance is lacking.
In that bracket if you leave out the skoda's currently there is no diesel, and for you current running you are left with Elantra again, or upgrade to tuscon.

BTW can we have a detailed report of your elantra since its run so much!
Old 14th February 2006, 16:40   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
BTW can we have a detailed report of your elantra since its run so much!
Arre yaar... I think even his Innova report will be great. I am not sure you will find many Innovas which have clocked close to 1L kms
Old 14th February 2006, 17:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

at the rate at which his cars are driven, by the time he completes writing te report, the innova would have crossed 1 L

Peace!
Old 14th February 2006, 17:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
I have quite a large part of my business out of town the roundtrip is around 350km and the car(if not me) travels the distance at least 15 times a month.
I have a 6 month old innova that has done 90k km in 6months .Now that is another story
My oh My !! how many drivers do you have ? They must be ..... !!

But seriously .. the way I see it.
* The Elantra is fast running out of time at this rate .. so you need a replacement fast .. June is just 4 months away. She will have clocked 3.2 L by that time.
* You may not have a comfy diesel sedan at 15 L available by June. i.e. leaving the Skoda's out of the picture.

Therefore .. do you actually NEED to spend 15 L on something you may not be fully satisfied with ? Or spend a lesser amount now on something not so flashy, but functional and replace it the moment you have a sedan option ..

So .. buy a top end Tavera now or a Lancer diesel .. hold on to it for a year .. then sell it when you have more D segment diesel options.
Old 14th February 2006, 18:02   #20
BHPian

read somewhere in this forum that hyundai is planning to come out with a 130 bhp Sonata CRDi to india - though not sure about the dates - but if it does, wont it be a great D-segment option for you ...

also, you could consider the laura manual version - could cost you, but it has better legroom at the back, and the ASS is not that big a nightmare after all ..
Old 14th February 2006, 19:37   #21
BHPian

I would suggest New Honda Civic for th elantra & Swift for wagon R.
Its true tht Civic not in class of skoda laura but New honda Civic is a stunner in looks & equipments.By june i think they wud be here in India
Old 14th February 2006, 22:36   #22

Chevy Aveo

THE AVEO would be a good choice. You can refer to the OVERDRIVE (February issue) or AUTOCAR INDIA (I think the Sep-Oct issue. I am not sure).
Old 15th February 2006, 06:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
My oh My !! how many drivers do you have ? They must be ..... !!
I have 3 drivers.Right now the innova is in agra and i got a call yesterday that there was some problem.

As for the long term reports i will write them once the innova does 1L and the elantra 3L(I am too lazy to put up such a huge post.I will find someone who can type for me)

In short i hit the elantra twice (not major)
first time i lost the left fender and left side RVM(i was happy with the cost of spares)
second time my driver hit a stone that was placed in the middle of the highway(those bludy vilage !@#$%*&) luckily we were not at high speed (around 60).Lost the AC compressor and radiator.
Other than that pretty good car not fussy at all just needs regular maintainence and replacement of wear and tear parts.The car does have a heavy appetite for tires,have to change them every 50k km(They have been replaced 5times already )

I have faced no problem with the innova no accidents also.
Superbly stable on highway. I think it looks pretty dumb from the outside but the interiors are sooooooo comfortable.
I hope there is no major problem(this particular driver makes a big issue of a flat tyre also)
Old 15th February 2006, 06:25   #24
BHPian

does any one have any info on the accord diesel being launched.
I read in some mag that they have an awesome diesel engine which does duty on both ACCORD & CR-V
Old 15th February 2006, 08:54   #25
BHPian

Try a second hand car

For the small car, there have been numerous suggestions, but for your larger car requirement, how about considering a second hand Merc or a diesel powered SUV from Toyota/Mitsubishi? You will surely find some good cars in the 15L bracket...
Old 15th February 2006, 09:10   #26
BHPian

I dont think a 2nd hand car would be good for me becuase with my kind of mileage i doubt if the car would last that long
Old 15th February 2006, 09:21   #27
BHPian

Any news on the BMW 320d or a later model coming to india they have awesome engines and i dont mind putting that big money on it.(No offence but i dont like MB)
Old 15th February 2006, 11:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

BMW is setting up a plant near chennai because they dont want to come as CBU route. So you may get BMWs at cheap rates(less than C for a 3 series).
But thats gonna happen only in 2007 end when the plant starts full production.
Till then for your kinda travel you need a long lasting diesel car or MuV/SuV and Tuscon is the only one(Endeaver is a joke if you want to do 3L kms).
Old 15th February 2006, 13:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

At 3 series prices or slightly lesser you would get the Superb diesel. Maintenance should be cheaper than a Beemer ? Dunno am just guessing.

Also, would the Terracan fit into your scheme of things ?
Old 15th February 2006, 13:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Till then for your kinda travel you need a long lasting diesel car or MuV/SuV and Tuscon is the only one(Endeaver is a joke if you want to do 3L kms).
Do we know anyone who has used Tucson extensively yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks