Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2006, 17:11   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
At 3 series prices or slightly lesser you would get the Superb diesel. Maintenance should be cheaper than a Beemer ? Dunno am just guessing.

Also, would the Terracan fit into your scheme of things ?
I am ready to spend big money only on the BMW because the stock diesel engine can do 0-100 in 8.3seconds with an FE of nearly 17 in city plus it is a 6 gear manual
Old 16th February 2006, 10:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
I am ready to spend big money only on the BMW because the stock diesel engine can do 0-100 in 8.3seconds with an FE of nearly 17 in city plus it is a 6 gear manual
hmmm .. looks like your best bet in June (if you HAVE to buy a new car) is to go for another Elantra :( .. till something worthwhile is launched
Old 17th February 2006, 02:20   #33
BHPian

Dude,look no further ,go and buy elantra once again .Sadly,thats the only choice available for you ..or wait for the Embera crdi (i guess it should be out in august-sep but m not sure)

As of now ,the elantra and tucson seem to be the two options ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
does any one have any info on the accord diesel being launched.
I read in some mag that they have an awesome diesel engine which does duty on both ACCORD & CR-V
All i can say is Forget aout it ,its not goin to happen, atleast not in this year ..

p.s Dont wait for any D segment luxury diesel car(under 20 lacs) ,as per my knowledge there aint any coming this year . I 've been waiting for a good VFM luxury diesel car since last more than one year and now finally decided to go in for the same Old octavia . Sadly, the choices here are very limited in D segment for people like us

OT :I 've often heard people saying (espically in this part of the world) in our language, have patience, "sabra ka fal meetha hota hai" ..
F**** ,atleast not in my case .
Old 17th February 2006, 03:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

OK lets go look at it this way.

Hatch:- You have had a wagonR until now. Looks like you are pretty satisfied with the car but need a better replacement.

options are

1. chevrolet Aveo
2. fiat palio
3. Ford Fusion
4. hyundai getz
5. maruti swift
6. tata indica

The hatch I guess is mostly for city use and maybe driven by your wife. If that is the case then cut off palio and Indica. You have used a maruti product before. I would suggest you try out another product in the form of

chevrolet Aveo
ford fusion
Hyundai Getz

For the diesel sedan wait for the lancer cedia. ITs going to have both CNG and diesel options. WIll fit the bill for you as CNG and diesel are good for long distance running and low on costs.

Otherwise you will have to go down to c segment for Hyundai accent(old and you already have a hyundai),Ford Fiesta or lancer diesel.
Old 21st February 2006, 19:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
Dude,look no further ,go and buy elantra once again .Sadly,thats the only choice available for you ..or wait for the Embera crdi (i guess it should be out in august-sep but m not sure)

As of now ,the elantra and tucson seem to be the two options ..

All i can say is Forget aout it ,its not goin to happen, atleast not in this year ..

p.s Dont wait for any D segment luxury diesel car(under 20 lacs) ,as per my knowledge there aint any coming this year . I 've been waiting for a good VFM luxury diesel car since last more than one year and now finally decided to go in for the same Old octavia . Sadly, the choices here are very limited in D segment for people like us

OT :I 've often heard people saying (espically in this part of the world) in our language, have patience, "sabra ka fal meetha hota hai" ..
F**** ,atleast not in my case .

Hey Beemer... Elantra CRDIs are now available for 10 lacs ON THE ROAD!!... check it our with the nearest dealer... twin airbags, ABS with BAS & EBD, Traction Control, Trip Computer, etc etc + full stanley leather trim!

There cannot be a better VFM package in the country right now!!.

SUjit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks