Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 17:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Premium Petrol Hatches : which one to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_6818 View Post
I did'nt get you with your reason for being away from diesel cars.
In case of petrol Jazz is the best recommended, remember that if we are planning for our we need to consider for a big boot which would be more helpful for their shopping.
New swift would also be a better option.
Can also live up with Ritz.
Next to honda it is maruti that we can trust adding to this their A$$.

Micra and polo not aware of their upkeep costs.
Two reasons for not considering Diesel
(*) Usage is limited. Around 7500kms per year
(*) Wify dont like diesel clutch with couple of test drive on figo.
Old 19th August 2011, 21:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Jazz? New Swift? What premium petrol hatchback?

KumaravelS,

Out of the new swift and refreshed Jazz, my recommendation would be for the Jazz.

In the base variant itself, you'll get all the safety equipment, plus everything from the Audio to the mostly used features. Your wife will appreciate the lovely steering while in city limits, the space inside and the huge boot, which she will very likely use when you go for shopping.

Overall, the Jazz was always a good car, and now more sensible after the price corrections. Plus, an added bonus of the Jazz being excellent at fuel economy [expect between 14 to 16 kmpl in city driving].

I have a Fabia and it's a wonderful car too. Has decent boot space [300 lts], but it's fuel efficiency is average [or below average, if you compare it with Jazz]. The 1.2 Fabia might give somewhere between 11 to 12.5 kmpl, that's all. Jazz is a better buy, IMO.

Whatever you decide to buy, please ensure your wife does a complete TD to satisfy herself with the ergonomics of the car, as it would be a purchase for her.

Good luck.

aK
Old 19th August 2011, 22:05   #33
BHPian

^^ + 1. If its for your wife, Jazz is a better bet any day over swift. Its a different ball game altogether if you were the sole user. Then may be you could think of the Polos, Swifts, Fabias, Figos, Puntos etc.

If i were to be in your shoes, i10 AT would be my pick followed by Jazz and i20 AT.
Old 20th August 2011, 00:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
^^ + 1. If its for your wife, Jazz is a better bet any day over swift. Its a different ball game altogether if you were the sole user. Then may be you could think of the Polos, Swifts, Fabias, Figos, Puntos etc.

If i were to be in your shoes, i10 AT would be my pick followed by Jazz and i20 AT.

Agree with Karty.. You should let your wife take a TD of i10 AT, and then decide. BTW, some women find A-star cute - though I wouldnt advise

If manual, then you are really spoilt for choice.. My top pick would again be an i10 - its a hassle-free, easy to drive/park and fun as well.
Old 20th August 2011, 00:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

I see that you are comparing only premium hatches but if your wifey needs a comfortable drive, did you look at the I10 and A-star A/T? I would plonk in a CNG kit from the dealer as an add on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The ARAI figures are 16.7 kmpl for the Jazz. How are you able to get 17-19 in city driving mate? Please share the magic trick with us.
Sure.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...zzy-honda.html
Old 20th August 2011, 09:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

As most folks have stated, answers to all questions asked (and also questions not asked ) is Jazz.
The highest end is amazing value for money. At the same time once in a while, you can also take it on the highways (For the space it has).
Old 20th August 2011, 10:16   #37
BHPian

The i10 AT is a really nice car with all the bells and whistles, even a sunroof! Take a look at it before finalizing your car as your wife might just like it. I found it to be a bit pricey though @ around 6 lakhs. But its quite a good auto box and the engine is peppy too. I hope you can get a test drive.
Else, the Jazz followed by the New Swift ZXi would be your safest bets. The light steering of the Jazz will be a boon in the tight confines

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
3. You can look at Figo and Beat diesel as worthy contenders. You can get a CNG kit for both installed from the dealer.
Can you add CNG kits to a diesel car?
Old 20th August 2011, 10:26   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

With due respect to everyone who is suggesting the i10, it is *not* a premium hatch by any stretch of the imagination. It is a nice entry level hatch with an AT for God's sakes!
Old 20th August 2011, 10:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Jazz. Now that Honda has brought down the price, seems like a better package and more VFM. Swift's waiting period will drive you nuts.
The i20 has serious issues with the steering & A/C which Hyundai is not at all serious to sort out, that too after more than 3 years since its launch.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:03   #40
BHPian

Go for Jazz X. It has height adjustable seat - a MUST for ladies.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
With due respect to everyone who is suggesting the i10, it is *not* a premium hatch by any stretch of the imagination. It is a nice entry level hatch with an AT for God's sakes!
Noopster it sells for around 6 lakh! I know its an entry level hatch as it comes with a plethora of options and trims, but I don't know why the AT model cant qualify for a premium hatch?

I am not looking for an argument but just want to know your basis of defining premium? Is it the average buyer profile?
ra'ul M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 13:19   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Noopster it sells for around 6 lakh! I know its an entry level hatch as it comes with a plethora of options and trims, but I don't know why the AT model cant qualify for a premium hatch?

I am not looking for an argument but just want to know your basis of defining premium? Is it the average buyer profile?
Not for arguments, but I agree with Noops. Compare i20 with the Jazz, but i10? IMHO, it’s one of the best entry level hatches, but so far I have not seen any comparison reviews between an i10 with a Jazz, or with a Polo (in team-bhp or in any publications).
Old 20th August 2011, 13:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not for arguments, but I agree with Noops. Compare i20 with the Jazz, but i10? IMHO, it’s one of the best entry level hatches, but so far I have not seen any comparison reviews between an i10 with a Jazz, or with a Polo (in team-bhp or in any publications).
There is no comparison. But its an AT, which might give it some brownie points over the Jazz. I had suggested it over the Jazz for that very reason. If deciding on a manual Jazz with the recent price cut is quite unbeatable.

Sorry for taking it OT. If only the "premium" cars came with an AT option
Old 20th August 2011, 20:31   #44
BHPian

IMO Honda Jazz is a better car of the lot.

- Safety kit ABS +EBD and dual airbags.. available even on base model.
- Excellent ride, performance and comfort.
- Practical City and Highway car.
- This hatch has more space than some of the sedan's.
- Great flexi seating..you will never run out of need for space on this hatch.
- Recent price correction makes it excellent value for money.
Old 20th August 2011, 20:42   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
Two reasons for not considering Diesel
(*) Usage is limited. Around 7500kms per year
(*) Wify dont like diesel clutch with couple of test drive on figo.
Depends on your budget (sorry if I missed it). If you can stretch a bit, the i20 1.4 l Asta seems like a great buy. If you are going for a manual, go with the consensus, a Jazz (probably Select).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed