Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 21:09   #586
BHPian

1) Punto (my vote with experience and an honest one)
2) Swift (close second beaten by better suspension and dynamics of number 1)
3) Figo (jack of all but master of none)
4) Polo (bcoz engine and space matters otherwise brilliant)
5) I20 (Jack of all except handling and master of none)

Dont know about Micra / Pulse siblings but nissan petrol drive i experienced was my worst drive till date and i am driving since premier padmini era

My opinion based on my knowhow and experience of these cars
namit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 21:47   #587
BANNED

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
1) Punto (my vote with experience and an honest one)
2) Swift (close second beaten by better suspension and dynamics of number 1)
3) Figo (jack of all but master of none)
4) Polo (bcoz engine and space matters otherwise brilliant)
5) I20 (Jack of all except handling and master of none)
I agree with your suggestion. Thing is the quality and condition with the ASC for cars 1 & 4. Rest three are decent enough for having a peaceful ownership.

Not that 1 & 4 are bad but they are not that their ASC is yet to be established and known like in terms of Hyundai, Maruti and likes..

As by the cars alone I would re-arrange them like below:

1) Polo,
2) Swift,
3) Punto,
4) Figo and
5) i20

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 21:47   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
May be this is already answered in previous posts, looking to buy a Swift or i20 for my parents. This will be driven by my driver bhai. I personally like the Swift, but parents seem to like the i20 better.
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
Swift does not make sense as it's not going to be self-driven.Also,rear seat space of the car is a sore point.Would be better to go with i20 as it offers better comfort and rear legroom.
You could look at the Ritz if you want a Maruti or maybe Sail UV-A could be right for you.It's got great space but Chevrolet after-sales is an unknown quantity.
Other options like Honda Brio,Ford Figo don't make sense if the car is going to be chauffeur driven.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 22:13   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post

Figo would be more appropriate. But, I would recommend Titanium diesel instead of ZXI. The difference is less than 50,000. But you would get 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD, Alloy Wheels, Driver Seat Height adjustment, Electrically Adjustable ORVMs, Rear Wiper, Fog Lamps etc. Isn't that a damn good deal for less than Rs. 50,000 more?
Hi, thanks for d suggestion. However my budget was for exi and not zxi. The price difference is a a lakh between exi and titanium. Anyways still not decided but sadly the top end is out of my budget.
Old 10th September 2013, 23:47   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Swift does not make sense as it's not going to be self-driven.Also,rear seat space of the car is a sore point.Would be better to go with i20 as it offers better comfort and rear legroom.
You could look at the Ritz if you want a Maruti or maybe Sail UV-A could be right for you.It's got great space but Chevrolet after-sales is an unknown quantity.
Other options like Honda Brio,Ford Figo don't make sense if the car is going to be chauffeur driven.
Exactly my point, I know Swift is a great car to drive. But its not going to make no difference for my parents.
Does i20 have a better rear seat comfort? No wonder my parents liked it over the swift.
Will have them TD Figo
Old 10th September 2013, 23:52   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my point, I know Swift is a great car to drive. But its not going to make no difference for my parents.
Does i20 have a better rear seat comfort? No wonder my parents liked it over the swift.
Will have them TD Figo
Swift is more of a driver's car, and is quite cramped at rear. The i20 is slightly better at the rear and is quite comfortable. The i20 feels more plush and luxurious. Swift's ride is considered a bit harsh, and i20's setup is on the softer side. No wonder your parents liked the i20 more.
Go for it, or might I suggest you the Grand i10 (If budget is on a diet) or Ritz (If you want a Maruti).
Old 11th September 2013, 11:05   #592
Senior - BHPian

Figo and Punto make sense in Diesel only. For Pretrol engines I would go with Honda & Maruti.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:04   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Figo and Punto make sense in Diesel only. For Pretrol engines I would go with Honda & Maruti.
+1 to this viewpoint. The petrol engines from Honda and Maruti have proven to be better than their counterparts among the hatches available today.

And there is always the Polo TSI, which shines above all.
Old 11th September 2013, 15:30   #594
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

+1 to this viewpoint. The petrol engines from Honda and Maruti have proven to be better than their counterparts among the hatches available today.

And there is always the Polo TSI, which shines above all.
The K-Series is a better one for the hatchback. Yet to drive the Brio but feedback from K-Series is very good.

Polo TSI is good but efficiency also matters to a certain extent.

Anurag.
Old 15th September 2013, 12:31   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be this is already answered in previous posts, looking to buy a Swift or i20 for my parents. This will be driven by my driver bhai. I personally like the Swift, but parents seem to like the i20 better.
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
Quote:
Oops forgot to mention that.. Petrol
kraft, Out of the two choices, the i20 would me my pick for a chauffeur driven car. i20 has more legroom at the back and a larger boot. Swift makes sense only if it is driven by you or your family, purely because of the smile it puts on your face after every drive. That apart, Swift has a more fuel efficient petrol engine. Else, it is i20 all the way.

You might want to take a look at the WagonR / Stingray if you want cheaper options. The W-R has very nice legroom at the rear, albeit at the cost of a smaller boot. For the elderly, ingress/egress is a boon too. The negative side - Am not sure how crashworthy these two cars are when you compare them with i20 and Swift, notwithstanding the fact that WR/Stringray have optional airbags.

Check out the Grand i10 too since they say it has a 'stretched' wheelbase, although I do not have any idea how comfortable it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?
Although beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, calling the Ritz better looking than the Swift is a little far fetched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
You call overcrowded, and no personal attention MASS as quality service.
The companies you consider providing barge pole service, just ask the owners how many times they need to take their vehicles to service centres and cost of actual ownership.
There are good MASS as well as bad ones. Try to visit the better ones. And every time, they try to pull a fast one on you. It is you, as an owner, who shouldn't be ignorant. Else, they are there to make money, not for social service.

We have owned many Marutis at home and we never felt the necessity to visit service center apart from regular service.
More on that here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rman-cars.html

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 15th September 2013 at 12:41.
Old 15th September 2013, 13:24   #596
BHPian

OK, a quick update here. finally booked a swift zxi glistening grey. the total on-road cost is coming to 6.35. the dealer is offering me 1 lakh for my old wagon r2005 and a 20k exchange discount. I know I might get more in the open market but somehow the metallic blue of my waggie seems to have no takers :( even got free advice from a few potential buyers (why don't you buy a more common/manageable/easy colour next time). so, should I go for the offer from the dealer or wait some more in the open market?
as for the new car, I have been told I will be able to get it by the 19th, let's see. the dealer has also promised a pre-registration test. in fact, the SA said they may also get an undertaking signed after the pre-registration check confirming the car's model and its condition have been verified by me. is this usual? is there anything I need to take care of during the visit?
Old 15th September 2013, 13:35   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
kraft, Out of the two choices, the i20 would me my pick for a chauffeur driven car. i20 has more legroom at the back and a larger boot. Swift makes sense only if it is driven by you or your family, purely because of the smile it puts on your face after every drive. That apart, Swift has a more fuel efficient petrol engine. Else, it is i20 all the way.
I agree that the i20 gives you marginally more legroom. The super soft suspension setup on the i20 is a turn off. But if it is chauffeur driven, why not try the Fabia has good space in the rear. Comfortable. Great deals available.
IMO the best chauffeured hatch you could own is Indica. Period.
Old 15th September 2013, 14:07   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I agree that the i20 gives you marginally more legroom. The super soft suspension setup on the i20 is a turn off. But if it is chauffeur driven, why not try the Fabia has good space in the rear. Comfortable. Great deals available.
IMO the best chauffeured hatch you could own is Indica. Period.
I agree on the Fabia and Indica. The only thing that goes against them is their petrol engines are not that fuel efficient. Also, the i20 and Swift (Suzuki and Hyundai in general) are perceived to be more niggle-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
OK, a quick update here. finally booked a swift zxi glistening grey. the total on-road cost is coming to 6.35. the dealer is offering me 1 lakh for my old wagon r2005 and a 20k exchange discount. I know I might get more in the open market
Congratulations on the Swift ZXi. It is a nice car to drive.
Trust me, you're much better off selling the car to True Value. Much more hassle free. No questions asked. And they take care of registration, paper work etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
but somehow the metallic blue of my waggie seems to have no takers :( even got free advice from a few potential buyers (why don't you buy a more common/manageable/easy colour next time). so, should I go for the offer from the dealer or wait some more in the open market?
How much more would you have got? Say 10-15K? Its the joy of owning your car in your favorite color for 8 years is more valuable that amount IMHO.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 15th September 2013 at 14:32.
Old 15th September 2013, 14:39   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Figo petrol is no fun to drive, but Punto 1.4 petrol is excellent. I would say its better than 90 HP in city because of low-end torque, silent, cheaper & likely lower cost to maintain i the long run. But yes, average will be around 12-14 kmpl.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:59   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

Congratulations on the Swift ZXi. It is a nice car to drive.
Trust me, you're much better off selling the car to True Value. Much more hassle free. No questions asked. And they take care of registration, paper work etc.

I agree. The hassles with the documentation is one reason for my willingness to go with true value. Plus, it's from the same dealer that I originally bought the wagon R. The only issue was the 10-15k extra, specially when there are no freebies. But yes, the tension is absent.

How much more would you have got? Say 10-15K? Its the joy of owning your car in your favorite color for 8 years is more valuable that amount IMHO.
yeah, that's what I told the free advisors...I mean, it's my car and I bought it for myself. Can't think of buying something so personal keeping in mind its resale value!

Only thing, can someone tell me if something like an undertaking from the buyer after a pre-registration check-up is normal procedure? Anything that I should keep in mind?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks