Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 17:21   #841
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

well, i didn't really think it would be an issue but nevertheless, I guess the speeds i mentioned were not really slow so mods, point noted!
vibbs: thanks. I know many cars can attain those speeds, much more than that too, but as you said, it's about actually touching them. As for our roads, most cannot be called roads at all but the yamuna expressway is different. Of course, there is a catch: it's cemented all the way, so you needs really good tires and well-maintained and tuned vehicles to drive on it, speed or no speed. The only reason i mentioned the speed was to highlight the comfort part (since a lot of people on this forum have questioned/slammed that in the Swift) and the driving ease. As for safety, as I said before, you do need really well-tuned cars and tires to drive on expressway. And yes, the moment we realised the car was going so fast, we slowed down. It's to the car's credit that it took us a while to realise we were doing those speeds!
Old 16th June 2014, 14:17   #842
Senior - BHPian

In earlier posts I had inquired about what would be good between Brio, Gi10 and Ritz to replace by Esteem. Had also mentioned that Ritz was discarded because my better half didn't approve of the looks.

However, the scenario has changed now. I forced her to take a test drive of the Zxi and she loved it. Also the OTR price of Rs 5.65 L for the Zxi helped a lot. She even mentions, when she sees a Ritz now, that the looks are growing on her. Color is limited to white though, which I am absolutely fine with.

Looking to book one next month based on what I get to see in my appraisal letter next week.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:38   #843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
In earlier posts I had inquired about what would be good between Brio, Gi10 and Ritz to replace by Esteem. Had also mentioned that Ritz was discarded because my better half didn't approve of the looks.

However, the scenario has changed now. I forced her to take a test drive of the Zxi and she loved it. Also the OTR price of Rs 5.65 L for the Zxi helped a lot. She even mentions, when she sees a Ritz now, that the looks are growing on her. Color is limited to white though, which I am absolutely fine with
Congrats in advance for both the Ritz (if it materializes) and for the appraisal letter.

Good to see the OTR for ZXi with 6L and I am sure you will be very happy with that car. I am ex-owner of the same (but VDi) where I did 1 lakh in 3.2 years. The Ritz is a very-understated car that gets rejected mainly due to its looks but the looks do grow over a period of time.

Anurag.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:06   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
In earlier posts I had inquired about what would be good between Brio, Gi10 and Ritz to replace by Esteem.
However, the scenario has changed now. I forced her to take a test drive of the Zxi and she loved it. Also the OTR price of Rs 5.65 L for the Zxi helped a lot. She even mentions, when she sees a Ritz now, that the looks are growing on her. Color is limited to white though, which I am absolutely fine with.

Looking to book one next month based on what I get to see in my appraisal letter next week.
Congrats for your new car, Indeed Ritz is one of the best cars from Maruti stable sold in much higher numbers with very little or no marketing. Be it space, comfort, power, performance, FE, city or highway driving..apt car for both genders in all situations.

I did a 5555 kms drive with wifey and lots of luggage on my VDi in 14 days
Old 16th June 2014, 15:53   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats in advance for both the Ritz (if it materializes) and for the appraisal letter.

Good to see the OTR for ZXi with 6L and I am sure you will be very happy with that car. I am ex-owner of the same (but VDi) where I did 1 lakh in 3.2 years. The Ritz is a very-understated car that gets rejected mainly due to its looks but the looks do grow over a period of time.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Congrats for your new car, Indeed Ritz is one of the best cars from Maruti stable sold in much higher numbers with very little or no marketing. Be it space, comfort, power, performance, FE, city or highway driving..apt car for both genders in all situations.

I did a 5555 kms drive with wifey and lots of luggage on my VDi in 14 days
Thanks guys. Like I said it all depends on what comes out on Tuesday next week.

And I like the combo of Ritz and Karizma for both of you. Hopefully I will be the third.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 16th June 2014 at 15:54.
Old 28th June 2014, 00:58   #846
BHPian

Which diesel hatch ?

I'm looking for a diesel hatch -

Usage -
1.) 60-70 kms. on weekdays in delhi-ncr
2.) the odd highway trip
3.) mostly will be for a single person, but preferrably comfortable space for the 5th passenger as well

Requirements -
1.) Comfort features - anything from a dead pedal to electrically adjustible orvm's are most welcome
2.) Fuel Efficiency - Don't want to burn a hole in the pocket with the running costs, but not a deal breaker
3.) Budget - No bar, but has to be practical and worth every extra penny, obviously <10 lakhs, not even considering beetle or mini cooper or a class.
4.) Resale Value - Not an issue, because probably will keep it for atleast 5-7 years
5.) Maintenance cost - Should not be very high but don't mind paying 10,000 or so once a year (like the case in polo) or the same amount in 2-3 services (like the case in i20 in the first year, although i doubt that prices for servicing hyundais are getting high)

Have not shortlisted any car as of now, taken a test drive of beat diesel only so far, I like the polo, but news of new model on 15th july has postponed my final decision certainly.

No urgency, can wait a while, say a month or so.

Suggestions required from all please.

Thanks

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 28th June 2014 at 01:16. Reason: Adding text
Old 28th June 2014, 05:55   #847
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which diesel hatch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post

Usage -
2.) the odd highway trip
3.) mostly will be for a single person, but preferrably comfortable space for the 5th passenger as well

Requirements -
1.) Comfort features - anything from a dead pedal to electrically adjustible orvm's are most welcome
2.) Fuel Efficiency - Don't want to burn a hole in the pocket with the running costs, but not a deal breaker
3.) Budget - No bar, but has to be practical and worth every extra penny, obviously <10 lakhs, not even considering beetle or mini cooper or a class.
4.) Resale Value - Not an issue, because probably will keep it for atleast 5-7 years
5.) Maintenance cost - Should not be very high but don't mind paying 10,000 or so once a year (like the case in polo) or the same amount in 2-3 services (like the case in i20 in the first year, although i doubt that prices for servicing hyundais are getting high)

Have not shortlisted any car as of now, taken a test drive of beat diesel only so far, I like the polo, but news of new model on 15th july has postponed my final decision certainly.

Thanks
If you plan this one right, then you could be the first customer who gets the Honda Jazz when its launched in India. I am betting on this one de-throning the Dzire. The Jazz is going to be more stylish than before and is going to get that frugal diesel under the hood
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 06:29   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have a good budget and can wait, I would say the face-lifted Polo. Its just 3 weeks away as reported by ACI and the GT TDI is expected to get the 104 bhp version of the new 1.5L engine. Please take a TD once its available and decide.

Crystal clear requirements!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 11:00   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Facelifted Swift will be coming out shortly and so will the all new Jazz. Both fall under your requirements pretty well.

IF you can, I would also suggest waiting for the new Ford Figo (2015)
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 18:07   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If you plan this one right, then you could be the first customer who gets the Honda Jazz diesel when its launched in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Since you have a good budget and can wait, I would say the face-lifted Polo.
Crystal clear requirements!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Facelifted Swift will be coming out shortly and so will the all new Jazz. Both fall under your requirements pretty well.

IF you can, I would also suggest waiting for the new Ford Figo (2015)

Thanks for replying with apt suggestions.

Tomorrow will be visiting dealerships of almost every company that has a diesel hatchback and/or entry level sedan (very less price difference) and taking test drives apart from enquiring in detail about prices and new model launches if any.
Will also test drive new/facelifted models that are launched over the period of next one month or so.

I will be choosing the car based on all the factors - fuel efficiency, cost, discounts, age of current model, driving comfort, etc.

Will also try and post about my test drive experiences in this thread and/or the right thread.

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 28th June 2014 at 18:09. Reason: Adding text
vishalchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 19:19   #851
BHPian

The Punto is good option too since you aren't worried about the resale value, the car is a good contender for your requirements.
Servegaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 20:17   #852
BHPian

Punto 90hp if it has to be. Please wait for the facelift if you happen to finalise punto :-)
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 20:47   #853
BANNED

Quote:

Usage -
2.) the odd highway trip
VW Polo GT TDI fits the best. Swift also suits well but no clear cut time when it could launch.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 19:32   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servegaar View Post
The Punto is good option too since you aren't worried about the resale value, the car is a good contender for your requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
Punto 90hp if it has to be. Please wait for the facelift if you happen to finalise punto :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
VW Polo GT TDI fits the best. Swift also suits well but no clear cut time when it could launch.

Anurag.

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.

Had gone for test drives today, cars driven -
1.) Honda Amaze i-Dtec
2.) Honda City i-Dtec
3.) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Diesel
4.) Renault Duster 85
5.) Renault Scala Diesel
6.) Skoda Rapid Diesel
7.) VW Polo Diesel
8.) VW Vento Diesel
9.) Ford Figo Diesel
10.) Ford Ecosport Diesel

I know, I know that out of 10 cars driven, there are only 2 hatchbacks !

Never had thought of it, but the day panned out like that only.

Considering 3 cars - Amaze, Polo and Ecosport.
Although seem to be favouring polo in discussion at home, not the gt version though.

Will wait for the new polo, but till that time if any other new car/facelift arrives will test drive it.
Old 30th June 2014, 16:02   #855

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.

Had gone for test drives today, cars driven -
1.) Honda Amaze i-Dtec
2.) Honda City i-Dtec
3.) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Diesel
4.) Renault Duster 85
5.) Renault Scala Diesel
6.) Skoda Rapid Diesel
7.) VW Polo Diesel
8.) VW Vento Diesel
9.) Ford Figo Diesel
10.) Ford Ecosport Diesel

I know, I know that out of 10 cars driven, there are only 2 hatchbacks !

Never had thought of it, but the day panned out like that only.

Considering 3 cars - Amaze, Polo and Ecosport.
Although seem to be favouring polo in discussion at home, not the gt version though.

Will wait for the new polo, but till that time if any other new car/facelift arrives will test drive it.
I wonder why you never test drove either the Xcent sedan or the I20 diesel. Xcent may be excused due to the mediocre 1.1 cylinder diesel, but I20 seems to be a good option.

Sorry if I missed any detail from the previous post about you not interested in the Hyundai cars, and I'm not a fan either, but just asking this question on a purely need to know basis.

The reason being that I am also interested in buying a car for around 6 to 8 lakhs budget, and I have shortlisted Hyundai I20, Honda Amaze, Fiat Grande Punto and finally Ford EcoSport.

Any suggestions from our brothers on my dilemma are also welcome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks