Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 20:47   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Agreed that the Ritz is outdated. I went for a TD of Brio about a month back and didn't face any issues in managing around the traffic. May be we will go for an extensive test drive again. Micra is ruled out as I am not convinced about Nissan's ASS in Chennai and the service center is quite far away from my home.
Searacer if you intend to drive your wife's car at times and if its a strictly city car you want, then stick to the brio, as my brio is my mother's car for the city drive in chandigarh, she loves driving it around, even the power is good enough for her. When I take it for a spin it just turns me into a wicked teenager again lol... The only problem with the mirca is its parts and service is quite expensive, my neighbour in delhi has one and keeps ranting the same thing as in the delhi traffic someone keeps hitting your car from here and there.

Last edited by Kanboy : 7th September 2014 at 20:49.
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 20:54   #977

Re: Brio VX MT vs Swift Zxi vs Ritz Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Being a Brio owner first things to be addressed are 1. The ivtec kicks in after 3500rpm same like a turbo. 2. The milage i have been getting in brio is within city with ac on is around 11.5 to 13 to the tops, without ac 12.5 to 14.. highway 15 is the maximum. 3. The low end torque of the car is acceptable, but the real fun starts after crossing the 3500 mark all the way till 6500 where the car shoots out like a bullet. I have given cars like Verna and Duster a hard time till 100kmph but after that it climbs slowly till it looses breath at 150kmph. This is our city car taken on highways too at times, but i must say nothing better than a Brio to drive around in a city as its extremely manuverable, with an awesome turning radius. The ac is good, but very effective when the vehicle is in motion. The only problem i felt in the car till now is when the ac is on it takes quite a bit stress to move around...btw i have driven my car around 21000kms in the span of 2.6 yrs..if you have any other questions do let me know
Regards
Do you find gears to be stiff and sometimes difficult to slot?
Old 7th September 2014, 21:57   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul26 View Post
Do you find gears to be stiff and sometimes difficult to slot?
Only when it was new, like for a year and a half. But now its surely a little stiff, but no problem in slotting.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:19   #979
D4D
BHPian

Simple decision: buy the Brio. If it's a petrol hatch only for intra-city commutes, Brio more than does the job. Also, it's got a better power to weight ratio than the swift and ritz. So it will be good even in the highways.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:42   #980
BANNED

Quote:
1. ABS and Air-bags
2. Good driving for city purpose. Shouldn't need frequent usage of clutch and gear-shifts as 90% of the driving is going to be in the city.
3. Should be fuel efficient
4. Servicing cost should be nominal and pocket-friendly

I have short-listed the following cars.

Brio VX MT
Swift ZXi
Ritz ZXi
I'd say the Brio VX MT.

I would have said the Ritz ZXi but I see your wife doesn't like the looks of it though it grows on you. I had the same car (but diesel) for 3 years and did 1.1 lakh kms in 3 years, extremely good car with no complaints and rattles.

Swift ZXi is a nice car though with the same engine but low on space be it height and boot.

What I feel is since the car will be 90% city running, why not an AT? Makes life easier.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 13:54   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'd say the Brio VX MT.

I would have said the Ritz ZXi but I see your wife doesn't like the looks of it though it grows on you. I had the same car (but diesel) for 3 years and did 1.1 lakh kms in 3 years, extremely good car with no complaints and rattles.

Swift ZXi is a nice car though with the same engine but low on space be it height and boot.

What I feel is since the car will be 90% city running, why not an AT? Makes life easier.

Anurag.
It's primarily the budget which is preventing us to go for AT. Earlier we were looking to go for only the mid variant as the car was to be primarily driven in the city and then we decided not to compromise on the safety aspect and increased our budget beyond the original limit that we had. We are almost stretched now on the Vitamin-M aspect.
Old 8th September 2014, 20:33   #982
BANNED

Quote:
Earlier we were looking to go for only the mid variant as the car was to be primarily driven in the city and then we decided not to compromise on the safety aspect and increased our budget beyond the original limit that we had.
Good to see you not skimping on Safety aspect. Thumbs Up!

What's the update here then?

Is the Brio VX MT or Ritz ZXi?

Anurag.
Old 9th September 2014, 00:10   #983
BHPian

Go for the Honda Brio !

The car feels alive when revved. Combine that to a light clutch and a slick gearbox with short throws makes it a gem to drive in the city. Contradictory to your apprehension the low seating is a very good thing for driving dynamics. Its keeps the centre of gravity low and that is why the Brio feels planted even at highway speeds. Having the wheels at the far corners and the lovely suspension set-up helps it to take corners without much bodyroll. Now that I have expressed how good the Brio is to drive, it does come with its drawbacks. The almost inconsequential boot and the mostly Spartan dashboard, but then the quality of plastic is top notch.

So you decide if you can live with the drawbacks. If not there always a Swift around the corner.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 04:48   #984
Team-BHP Support

I know I'm supposed to stick to the original choice (Brio VX MT vs Swift Zxi vs Ritz Zxi), but out of curiosity - why not the Brio AT?

Makes for a much better city car for a lady any which way you look at it!

PS - I am not suggesting Grand i10 AT because of the lack of airbags. Otherwise - Hyundai service is only as cheap / expensive as Honda.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 12:03   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see you not skimping on Safety aspect. Thumbs Up!

What's the update here then?

Is the Brio VX MT or Ritz ZXi?

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Go for the Honda Brio !
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I know I'm supposed to stick to the original choice (Brio VX MT vs Swift Zxi vs Ritz Zxi), but out of curiosity - why not the Brio AT?

Makes for a much better city car for a lady any which way you look at it!

PS - I am not suggesting Grand i10 AT because of the lack of airbags. Otherwise - Hyundai service is only as cheap / expensive as Honda.
Went for TD of Ritz Zxi MT today. Vehicle was driven on B2B traffic and also on open roads. Wife found the car to be comfortable and it was primarily because of the high seating position. I think the response in the low RPMs was also decent. I think she is okay with the looks also. The only drawback that she felt was the the visibility via the IRVM and that's because of the cramped rear hatch back glass.

This is the quote that I received from the dealer.

Ex-show room price - Rs 5.32 lacs
B2B Insurance - 18K
Registration, Life Tax, Incidental charges & basic accessories - 72K
Discount - 25k

Roughly the OTR price comes to Rs 5.9 lacs.

Is this a reasonable pricing?

@crazydriver - Not considering the Brio AT primarily because of the pricing factor and FE.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 12:33   #986
Senior - BHPian

If these three points don't matter much go for the Brio eyes closed.

1. Boot space : The boot space is a joke in this car
2. Resale value : Will definitely be less than a Swift. But if you intend to keep it for long term that shouldn't be an issue.
3. Interior feel : Swift will definitely feel more premium but Brio's interior is pretty practical.

Rest, having used a brio for close to 2 years now in the family I can assure you its one of the easiest to putter around in the city and does a splendid job on those one-off highway trips. That iVtec is one hell of an addictive engine.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 13:57   #987
BANNED

Quote:
Went for TD of Ritz Zxi MT today. Vehicle was driven on B2B traffic and also on open roads. Wife found the car to be comfortable and it was primarily because of the high seating position. I think the response in the low RPMs was also decent. I think she is okay with the looks also. The only drawback that she felt was the the visibility via the IRVM and that's because of the cramped rear hatch back glass.

This is the quote that I received from the dealer.

Ex-show room price - Rs 5.32 lacs
B2B Insurance - 18K
Registration, Life Tax, Incidental charges & basic accessories - 72K
Discount - 25k

Roughly the OTR price comes to Rs 5.9 lacs.
That's nice pricing and if possible do push for further discounts. Try other dealers and also tell them that you are simultaneously looking the Brio VX MT, things will get better automatically.

Anurag.
Old 9th September 2014, 17:45   #988
Senior - BHPian

I booked a Ritz Zxi today. Superior White.

The OTR here in Kolkata came to 5.61 L with Cash Discount of 35k and Corporate Discount of 2k.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:04   #989
BHPian

Quote:
That's nice pricing and if possible do push for further discounts. Try other dealers and also tell them that you are simultaneously looking the Brio VX MT, things will get better automatically.

Anurag.
Wife went for TD of Brio VX MT and Swift Zxi this afternoon. I also briefly drove both Brio and Swift. After driving both the vehicles, she said she does not like Ritz at all . She felt both Brio and Swift were better than Ritz w.r.t interiors and also w.r.t driving.

The below is what I felt.

1. Certainly Brio's low end response was much better than Swift's and this is what she also felt.
2. I thought that Brio's seating might be quite low but it's not bad at all.

The following was the quotation that I received.

Swift Zxi
1. Ex-show room price - Rs 5.82 lacs
B2B insurance - 20k
Registration fee, Life time tax, Extended Warranty - 78k
Discount - 10k
Plus there is a corporate discount of 2.5K, plus Gold coin of 4k (I will ask them to convert into cash discount), plus there could be entry level discount of 5k.

So, I think I could get it for Rs 6.6 lacs. Does this sound reasonable for Swift Zxi or could I negotiate further?

2. Brio VX MT

Absolutely no discounts.

The OTR comes to Rs 6.23 lacs (excluding B2B insurance). Does this price sound reasonable?

The way in which the Honda guys were speaking, it was as though I was doing them a favour by buying a car.

I am not sure how Honda's ASS will be. Suzuki folks were lot more customer friendly.

IMHO certainly Brio was lot more fun to drive, than the Swift and I think it will be more comfortable in B2B traffic. Final decision will be taken by wife. Certainly it's not an easy decision between the Brio and the Swift.
Old 9th September 2014, 19:14   #990
BANNED

Quote:
So, I think I could get it for Rs 6.6 lacs. Does this sound reasonable for Swift Zxi or could I negotiate further?

I am not sure how Honda's ASS will be. Suzuki folks were lot more customer friendly.
Good that one car is out of the equation and now the tiff is between Swift and the Brio.

Looking at the response by the sales guys I'd pick the Swift ZXi.

If pre-sales is so casual by Honda then after sales I'm not interested at all.

6.6L is good enough for ZXi variant. Worst case they may reduce 5-10K on this quote. Do try if you can get it for 6.4-6.5L.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks