Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 18:29   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseems View Post
Will the Jazz price cut actually bring down the prices of others? Also are there any tangible/substantial discounts/offers during the Diwali Festival period? And does it make sense to wait now and book the car 1/2 month(s) later
You see, when the Jazz was first introduced, it was considered to be overpriced, especially for what it offered. And in the mean time, we had other great premium-hatchbacks like the Punto, the Polo, the i20 and the Fabia that were priced very competitively. Even the Fabia saw a face-lift and a price-cut.

Dropping the prices of these cars would not yield the respective companies much, unless they're looking to clear stock. All these hatchbacks have been priced pretty competitively already, so I wouldn't expect them to drop their prices.

Having said that, you can expect some great offers from these companies, especially during the festive seasons like Diwali. Free extended warranties, some accessories, and possibly even a small cash-discount are some of the goodies one can expect for dealerships across the country.

Quote:
Please check with the Honda dealer if the Jazz version is available. I visited Honda showroom here in Mumbai and was shocked to hear that the production of the base version is yet to start. Another showroom said the production will start only in February 2012.
That now, is a load of excrement, I'm sure!

This is a mere face-lift. There is no real change to the internals. The car is basically just as it was when it was first introduced, except for maybe some cosmetic mods. Honda will not need to stop and start production or anything like that. This is NOT an all new model or generation of the Jazz.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 19:25   #92
BHPian

I think there must have been some misunderstanding. The Honda dealer in Pune told me the company has stopped production of the base model E-MT - of the City to accommodate the demand for the Jazz.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:42   #93
BHPian

IMHO the new Swift D fits the bill of a "premium hatch". I wonder as to how Maruti has managed to refine the Fiat engine better than Fiat itself !

Hope to have an "official" review of the new Swift D by TBHP (preferably by GTO) soon.

The closest to the Swift would be the i 20 and then the Jazz.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Will the Jazz price cut actually bring down the prices of others? Also are there any tangible/substantial discounts/offers during the Diwali Festival period? And does it make sense to wait now and book the car 1/2 month(s) later

Please check with the Honda dealer if the Jazz version is available. I visited Honda showroom here in Mumbai and was shocked to hear that the production of the base version is yet to start. Another showroom said the production will start only in February 2012.
Hi Aseems,
Here in pune there seems to be a waiting period of anywhere between 2 to 3 months.

Pune Honda owners - which is the preferred dealer - Crystal or Deccan - both predelivery and for aftersales?
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Now just out of curiosity, what are those deal breaking features?
The 3 pot engine is definitely a deal breaker for enthusiasts. But Not for all as hardly a few 1.6L sells. The 1.2L petrol is very mediocre. The diesel is hopeless. The 1.6 is good but is it good enough? Naah. The Palio 1.6 was far far better.

Polo is definitely a premium hatchback. And lack of features like USB, steering mounted controls and ACC should not be deal-breakers. They are just features after all. And not even safety ones like ABS and Airbags.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:22   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
IMHO the new Swift D fits the bill of a "premium hatch". I wonder as to how Maruti has managed to refine the Fiat engine better than Fiat itself !

Hope to have an "official" review of the new Swift D by TBHP (preferably by GTO) soon.

The closest to the Swift would be the i 20 and then the Jazz.
I have TD'd probably all the current hatchbacks in the recent 20 days twice over since we are in the process of buying a Diesel hatch to replace our dear Matiz thats found home at my friends place for the rest of its life.

My views in its order of merits for the Best Diesel Hatch

1) Fiat Grande Punto 90 hp - Loaded to the Brim and built like the tank, great on comfort, and the engine can be felt as if its ALIVE

2) i 20 CRDi - Almost the deal breaker, but the Long clutch, Steering so soft that it feels its disconnected from the steering box and its soft bouncy suspension is a let down

3) Skoda Fabia - Perfect hatchback to say, Quality is finest, but is ageing.

4) VW Polo - Brand value and Looks to die for, but the 3-pot diesel is a big let down.

5) Chevy Beat TCDi - Wow, never seen a silent diesel than this ever. its BEST for the city commute, very very peppy, almost a petrol car feel and super price.

6) Honda Jazz (PETROL) - Pure Honda Quality, Value for Money, BUT.. FE of 11 kmpl to 12 kmpl with normal driving, is a BIG NO NO.

7) Swift DDiS - Its just old wine in a new bottle, personally i loved the older version, the present one looks OBESE and overgrown. Not a FTD car right now, and none at home approved this car for reasons unknown.

8) Indica Vista - Great VFM, the new version is just really good, but since we have one in the family, we decided against it.

Finally the Grande Punto 93 hp takes the cake for its great features, And in Bangalore we have no issues with TATA-Fiat service centres, So the FIAT GRANDE PUNTO 90 hp it is, just waiting for Diwali discounts..
Old 6th September 2011, 14:09   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I have TD'd probably all the current hatchbacks in the recent 20 days twice over since we are in the process of buying a Diesel hatch to replace our dear Matiz thats found home at my friends place for the rest of its life.
Have you not Test driven the Polo 1.6 ?

Cheers!
Old 6th September 2011, 14:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) Fiat Grande Punto 90 hp - Loaded to the Brim and built like the tank, great on comfort, and the engine can be felt as if its ALIVE

2) i 20 CRDi - Almost the deal breaker, but the Long clutch, Steering so soft that it feels its disconnected from the steering box and its soft bouncy suspension is a let down

3) Skoda Fabia - Perfect hatchback to say, Quality is finest, but is ageing.

4) VW Polo - Brand value and Looks to die for, but the 3-pot diesel is a big let down.

5) Chevy Beat TCDi - Wow, never seen a silent diesel than this ever. its BEST for the city commute, very very peppy, almost a petrol car feel and super price.

6) Honda Jazz (PETROL) - Pure Honda Quality, Value for Money, BUT.. FE of 11 kmpl to 12 kmpl with normal driving, is a BIG NO NO.

7) Swift DDiS - Its just old wine in a new bottle, personally i loved the older version, the present one looks OBESE and overgrown. Not a FTD car right now, and none at home approved this car for reasons unknown.

8) Indica Vista - Great VFM, the new version is just really good, but since we have one in the family, we decided against it.

Finally the Grande Punto 93 hp takes the cake for its great features, And in Bangalore we have no issues with TATA-Fiat service centres, So the FIAT GRANDE PUNTO 90 hp it is, just waiting for Diwali discounts..
Any specific reason why you left out the Ford Figo from this list ?
Old 6th September 2011, 14:28   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to your TD views for hatchbacks.

A friend of mine did TDs of almost all the cars in the above list (he left out Indica for obvious reasons ). Came to the same conclusion and booked the Punto 90 bhp diesel.

But he had one different criteria - delivery at the earliest. For which he had to neglect the new Swift & Ritz diesels. Any particular reason you left out the Ritz?
Old 6th September 2011, 14:33   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I presume that the rear windows are one of the reasons for this, along with low GC. Roads in Bangalore can be a killer for mud flaps of figo as already discussed elsewhere
Old 6th September 2011, 15:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
I presume that the rear windows are one of the reasons for this, along with low GC. Roads in Bangalore can be a killer for mud flaps of figo as already discussed elsewhere
I am using my Figo Tdci Titanium since last one month on Bangalore roads , but I have never managed to scrap the belly with mostly 3 passengers on- board on couple of occasions had (5 Adults+2 kids)

Most of the people scrap the underbelly if they do not have the right air pressure or if you apply break very near or on the speed hump. Negotiating extra large humps at an angle certainly helps.

Agreed that Figo does not have a rear power window, but it flip side it has one of the largest rear window in its class , you never feel claustrophobic. On the plus side you get class leading boot space, chiller AC, superb ride & handling dynamics.

Scrapping / breaking the mud flap is not a good enough reason to reject a car , you can always get it changed in an accessories shop.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:00   #102
BHPian

What kind of FE is everyone getting from the Jazz in city driving? Just booked one, and am curious to know. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:05   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Have you not Test driven the Polo 1.6 ?

Cheers!
Out of our budget, and NO PETROL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
My cousin sister took delivery of the Figo few weeks ago, and i must say its a ""DONKEY"" ( pun intended )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to your TD views for hatchbacks.

A friend of mine did TDs of almost all the cars in the above list (he left out Indica for obvious reasons ). Came to the same conclusion and booked the Punto 90 bhp diesel.

But he had one different criteria - delivery at the earliest. For which he had to neglect the new Swift & Ritz diesels. Any particular reason you left out the Ritz?
None of my family members liked any cars from Maruti tin Block. Though we are not going to part with our 1997 M-800 which has done 2.5 lac kms till date
Old 6th September 2011, 16:13   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
What kind of FE is everyone getting from the Jazz in city driving? Just booked one, and am curious to know. Thanks.
2009 Jazz done 30K kms,
mileage in Pune city - 13 to 15,
75% AC, max 3 people, little to no luggage
13 during rainy season due to more 4 wheeler traffic, worse road surface etc.
other seasons 14 - 15 kmpl in city

other drivers have reported 14 to 16, but from different cities
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 17:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
2009 Jazz done 30K kms,
mileage in Pune city - 13 to 15,
75% AC, max 3 people, little to no luggage
13 during rainy season due to more 4 wheeler traffic, worse road surface etc.
other seasons 14 - 15 kmpl in city

other drivers have reported 14 to 16, but from different cities
Those are very decent numbers for Jazz.. Brio should return much more!!!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks