Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 17:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Best Small Car for 77 year old

My Uncle decided to go with Alto K10, we went for a test drive today & booked the car immediately after that. It was surprisingly spacious, while my Aunt had a little bit of trouble getting in & out, it was not a deal breaker for her. He considered the Nano, Wagon R, Estilo, Spark & Reva. He ruled out Nano thanks to looks, & ruled out the rest on price &/or looks. After seeing Alto K10, didnt see the need to spend more money on a more expensive car, as the compromise wasnt much from his perspective.
crisscross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 17:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Alto K10 is a nice to have car at hand, very handy, reliable and usable. Good that it did not pose them any space issues.
Old 31st August 2011, 20:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Alto K10 club. An excellent city runabout. Your uncle will not be disappointed with the performance, till he gets a "big car" bug!
Old 14th September 2011, 17:48   #34
BHPian

Don't intend to spoil the party, but don't you think that your aunt who is already finding the Alto's low stance difficult is going to find it more and more difficult as time goes by??
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 20:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Don't intend to spoil the party, but don't you think that your aunt who is already finding the Alto's low stance difficult is going to find it more and more difficult as time goes by??
Well, the deal didnt go through, the Maruti dealer (RKS Motors) after taking full payment, turned around & said that they want 20k more, as Maruti has changed its discount scheme & they were very sorry blah blah. We were waiting for them to transfer the old car so we can register the new car at 12% road tax as opposed to 14%.

Given the budget / uncle's preferences there werent too many options, so Alto K10 it was. With dealer price problem, lets see what happens
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:51   #36
BHPian

My father is 62 years old, and he doesn't like to drive my Nano. Hence, planning to go for a used Wagon-R. BHPians, is it a good move? Please adivce
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
My father is 62 years old, and he doesn't like to drive my Nano. Hence, planning to go for a used Wagon-R. BHPians, is it a good move? Please adivce
What is your budget?

You might want to consider the new Hyundai Eon!

Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:51   #38
BHPian

My experience of buying an all new product (Nano) prevents me to go for new products (Eon). My budget is up to 3 lakh. Won't go beyond Maruti (again based on Tata service centres attitudes against maruti's reliable service centres). A proven product though a little bit outdated will give me and my father a couple of years of happy motoring... what say
Old 14th October 2011, 23:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
My experience of buying an all new product (Nano) prevents me to go for new products (Eon). My budget is up to 3 lakh. Won't go beyond Maruti (again based on Tata service centres attitudes against maruti's reliable service centres). A proven product though a little bit outdated will give me and my father a couple of years of happy motoring... what say
Used Waron R is an awesome option. You will be definitely able to find a good one in the arket for that price range. Pick up the Oct issue of Autocar India. Its got a write up on buying a used Wagon R.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:27   #40
BHPian

Thanks Geo_Ipe. We have bought a 2008 Wagon R last monday. It had done only 14500 on the odo. Have put the Nano even on Team-BHP classified, but very less takers :(
Old 15th October 2011, 00:42   #41
BHPian

In my opinion the best car for old persons will be an i10 AT,as person gets old, gear changing becomes a problem ,so in case you want them to have a hassle free drive buy them an AT car.Am planning to buy my dad who is 81 an i10 AT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks